FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Can’t decide between brownies and cheesecake? No need to choose with these keto cheesecake brownies! I took two of my most popular dessert recipes – keto brownies and keto cheesecake – and combined them to make these. With a fudgy brownie base, creamy cheesecake topping with more brownie batter swirled in, and sugar-free chocolate chips on top, it doesn’t get any better. 😉 Low carb brownie cheesecake bars are the best of both worlds.
How To Make Keto Cheesecake Brownies
These cream cheese keto brownies come together in a few quick steps. First we’ll make the cheesecake mixture, then the brownie mixture, and then swirl them together for a decadent brownie cheesecake keto dessert. It’s SO good!
- Make brownie batter. Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler, stirring occasionally, until smooth. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add in remaining ingredients. Stir in almond flour, powdered allulose, cocoa powder, sea salt, and eggs. Stir together.
- Pour 3/4 of the batter into a lined pan. Smooth with a spatula.
- Make cheesecake mixture. Beat cream cheese and powdered sweetener together at low to medium speed, until fluffy. Beat in lemon juice and vanilla extract.
- Make keto brownie cheesecake layer. Fold in 1/4 of the reserved brownie batter into the cheesecake filling, and swirl together.
- Assemble keto chocolate brownie cheesecake bars. Pour the mixture over the brownie layer.
- Bake. Bake the low carb brownie cheesecake bars for 45 minutes, until they are almost set but still slightly jiggly, like a custard or a cheesecake.
- Cool. Allow the bars to set and cool completely before cutting.
Low Carb Brownie Cheesecake FAQs
Can I use a different sweetener?
These low carb brownie cheesecake turn out best with a powdered sweetener. In my original keto brownie recipe, I initially used a granulated sweetener, but have since updated them to use a powdered sweetener, I think it makes them even fudgier.
If you like monk fruit, Besti powdered monk fruit sweetener with allulose will give you the sweetest, fudgiest result. Powdered monk fruit with erythritol works as well, but you need a 1:1 monk fruit blend like this one (some brands are 2:1).
Reminder: Don’t use a granulated sweetener for smooth or fudgy applications, like cheesecake or brownies (or these bars that are both). The result will be grainy if you do.
How many carbs in low carb brownies?
The carbs in low carb brownies will vary a bit depending on recipe, but this chocolate cheesecake keto brownie recipe has just 3g net carbs each. Yay!
Keto Cheesecake Brownie Storage Instructions
Can you make keto brownies with cream cheese ahead?
Yes, and you should. You actually need to let these cheesecake keto brownies cool completely before cutting into them, so plan ahead if necessary.
How to store keto brownie cheesecake
Store these in an airtight container for 1-3 days. They would keep longer in the fridge, but the brownie part will become less fudgy and may dry out.
Can you freeze cheesecake keto brownies?
Yes, you can freeze these chocolate cheesecake keto brownies if you won’t eat them within a day or two. Simply cut them into pieces and store in a freezer container for 2-3 months.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
If you like these keto cheesecake brownies, you might also like some of these other low carb keto desserts:
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – A favorite cookie for a reason!
- Keto Peanut Butter Mousse – If you need something to satisfy that sweet craving a bit FASTER (or while you wait for keto cheesecake brownies to set? ;)), this mousse comes together in just a few minutes.
- Keto Chocolate Cupcakes – Chocolate cupcakes + chocolate frosting – this one is for the chocolate lovers!
- Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars – A similar concept to these sugar-free cheesecake brownies, except the base is a chocolate chip cookie instead of a brownie.
- Keto Shortbread Cookies – Since I’m assuming you like chocolate, you’ll definitely want to dip these shortbread cookies in a dunk of sugar-free chocolate.
Tools To Make Keto Cheesecake Brownies:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Hand Mixer – A hand mixer makes these low carb brownie cheesecake bars come together quickly!
- 8×8 Inch Baking Pan – This pan is nonstick, but I still recommend lining it with parchment paper before baking, to prevent any sticking. (It’s also much easier clean up, too!)
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
With this easy keto cheesecake brownies recipe, you get the best of both worlds, with 3g net carbs! Low carb brownie cheesecake bars are fudgy, rich, creamy, and chocolate-y.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line an 8x8 in (20x20 cm) pan with parchment paper.
Melt the butter and chocolate together in a double boiler over low heat, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla extract, if using (recommended).
Add the almond flour, powdered sweetener, cocoa powder, sea salt, and eggs. Stir together until uniform. The batter will be a little grainy looking.
Transfer 3/4 of the batter to the lined pan and set aside the other 1/4 of the mixture.
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and powdered sweetener together at low to medium speed, until fluffy.
Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla extract.
Fold 1/4 of the reserved brownie batter and the cheesecake filling mixture together gently. Don't over mix - you want to leave swirls in there.
Pour the mixture in the pan on top of the brownie layer. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of brownies.
Bake for about 35-40 minutes , until the cheesecake layer is almost set, but still slightly jiggly.
Cool completely before moving or cutting.
Made this recipe? Leave a rating! ★★★★★
Serving size: 1 small cheesecake brownie, or 1/16 of the pan
Video Showing How To Make Cheesecake Brownies:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Cheesecake Brownies!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.