FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake With Cocoa Powder
- Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Substitutions
- How To Store Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
- Can You Freeze No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake?
- More Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes
- Tools To Make Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto Low Carb No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
I first made low carb keto cheesecake a couple years ago, but it’s still the most popular low carb dessert recipe on Wholesome Yum today. Many of you have been asking me for a keto low carb chocolate cheesecake, and I’ve also gotten a few requests for a no-bake version. So, I did both. Here it is – the low carb no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe you’ve been waiting for!
How To Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake With Cocoa Powder
The process for how to make no bake chocolate cheesecake is super simple, and it’s actually the same whether you’re making a regular or low carb chocolate cheesecake. It’s just 2 basic layers:
- Chocolate Cheesecake Crust – Many regular recipes use oreos, but for a keto chocolate cheesecake crust, we use a combination of almond flour, cocoa powder, sweetener, butter and vanilla. Mix it all together, press into the pan, and chill to set.
- Chocolate Cheesecake Filling – This is a simple mix of cream cheese, unsweetened chocolate, powdered sweetener, and vanilla. It requires some melting and beating to get it the right consistency (details on the recipe card below!), then just pour it into the crust and chill again to set.
Here are a few tips as you make it:
- If you forget to leave your cream cheese out at room temperature, you can heat it gently to soften it.
- Do not overheat the chocolate when melting it. Otherwise, it might seize.
- When mixing the chocolate with the cream cheese, make sure the chocolate is no longer hot but warm is okay. Work fairly quickly so that it doesn’t start to solidify.
- If the filling sits too long, it will get thick. If this happens, you can microwave it for 30 seconds, and stir to soften it up. Do not overheat, or it might split.
Just to give you an idea, here are what the different steps look like…
No bake chocolate cheesecake crust:
Filling when it’s all mixed together:
Filling after transfering to the pan and smoothing over:
Keto Chocolate Cheesecake Substitutions
There are a few common questions I get about substitutions when you make low carb chocolate cheesecake. Here are those answers for you:
Can You Use Coconut Flour?
You can’t use coconut flour to replace almond flour 1-to-1. The result would be very dry.
If you want to make a coconut flour crust, try using the crust from these cupcakes and make the filling the way this recipe says. You’d need to bake the crust in that case.
Otherwise, if you are nut-free, you can try replacing the almond flour with sunflower seed meal.
Can You Use Other Sweeteners?
Yes, you can. Check the sweetener conversion calculator for the amount to use.
Can You Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Dairy-Free and Paleo?
Probably. Replace the butter in the crust with coconut oil, and replace the cream cheese with dairy-free cream cheese substitute. I haven’t tried this to verify that it works, but don’t see any reason that it would not.
Can You Make The No Bake Cheesecake Filling with Cocoa Powder?
In general, I don’t recommend it. Although you could try, it is more prone to being dry and less smooth. Unsweetened chocolate works much better. Save the cocoa powder for the crust!
What Toppings To Use?
I drizzled my chocolate cheesecake with melted chocolate and topped it with raspberries. Feel free to add a little sugar-free whipped cream if you’d like, too.
How To Store Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
This no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe stores very well. It will keep about as long as cream cheese would in the fridge, at least a week.
However, occasionally the erythritol will crystallize sooner, which affects the smooth texture. To be on the safe side, if you want to make the cheesecake ahead for an occasion, up to 3 days ahead is best.
Can You Freeze No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake?
Yes, you can! Wrap the keto chocolate cheesecake in plastic wrap, followed by 2 layers of foil. Then, place in the freezer. Be gentle with it so that it does not break or crack.
To serve, thaw the cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight. You can let it sit at room temperature afterward if you prefer it softer and less cold.
More Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes
If you love cheesecake, check out these other keto cheesecake recipes:
- Keto low carb cheesecake – the classic that’s still the most popular dessert at Wholesome Yum!
- Keto pumpkin cheesecake
- Raspberry cheesecake cookies
- Pina colada cheesecake cupcakes
Low Carb No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Tools To Make Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass bowls – They come in convenient sizes for a great price and are so easy to clean!
- Springform pan – Highly recommend one of these. It makes it so much easier to remove the no bake chocolate cheesecake from the pan.
- Double boiler – Use this to melt the chocolate if you don’t want to use the microwave.
- Hand mixer – A must for making low carb chocolate cheesecake filling! This one is powerful with lots of different settings.
Keto Low Carb No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
An easy no bake chocolate cheesecake recipe with 20 minute prep! Keto low carb chocolate cheesecake has just 5 ingredients in the crust & 4 in the filling.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Crust:
Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Crust:
In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, cocoa powder, and erythritol.
In a small bowl, stir together the melted butter and vanilla. Add to the almond flour mixture. Stir well, pressing with the back of a spoon or spatula, until uniform. It should be crumbly, but sticky enough to press together.
Line the bottom of a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan with parchment paper. Press the no-bake crust into the bottom of the pan. Chill while preparing the filling.
Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake Filling:
Melt the unsweetened chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler on the stove, stirring occasionally. Be careful not to overheat. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, use a hand mixer at medium-low speed to beat together the cream cheese, powdered sweetener and vanilla extract, until fluffy and uniform. Beat in the vanilla.
When the chocolate has cooled to warm but no longer hot, beat into the cream at medium-low speed.
Transfer the filling to the crust and use a spatula to smooth it over. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, until set.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/12 of entire cheesecake
Video Showing How To Make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂