FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 200,000+ others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
It’s hard to believe that these keto chocolate cupcakes only have 6 grams net carbs! My low carb chocolate cupcakes are full of rich, chocolate flavor but without all the sugar and flour that normally come along with it. You’d also never be able to guess that these keto cupcakes with almond flour are also easy-to-make. They take just 10 minutes to prep! So they are easy and they taste like the real thing, what are you waiting for?! Whenever you find yourself with a chocolate craving, this keto cupcake recipe should be at the top of your list.
What Are Keto Cupcakes?
Keto chocolate cupcakes with almond flour are low carb cupcakes. Unlike regular wheat flour ones, there are minimal carbs in chocolate cupcakes with frosting. How many? (I knew you would ask!)
How Many Carbs In Keto Chocolate Cupcakes?
Just 6 grams net carbs! Which is pretty incredible, because you’d never guess it once you try this low carb cupcakes recipe.
TIP: Need to cut the carbs and calories more? Make mini keto cupcakes instead by using a mini muffin tin!
While the chocolate cupcakes carbs and sugars are minimal, the flavor is NOT!
What Are Keto Cupcakes Made Of?
These low carb chocolate cupcakes are made up of easy, keto staples that you probably already have in your pantry:
- Blanched almond flour – One of my favorite low carb and keto baking flours. It’s nutritious and delicious!
- Cocoa powder – This adds a deep and rich flavor to my keto cupcake recipe.
- Baking Powder – Helps keeps the chocolate keto cupcakes light and fluffy.
- Sea salt – Salt in baked goods helps bring out the sweetness.
- Butter – Are cupcakes possible without butter? NO!
- Monk fruit erythritol blend – The sweetener of choice for this keto cupcake recipe.
- Eggs – A big part of baked goods, the eggs help to add structure and lift.
- Almond milk – A low carb stand-in for cow’s milk.
- Vanilla extract – Helps to bring out the chocolate and sweetness.
- Chocolate keto frosting – The best keto cupcakes need this frosting!
How To Make Keto Chocolate Cupcakes
These easy keto cupcakes take just 10 minutes to prep!
Let me show you how to make keto cupcakes that are both quick and delicious:
- Beat butter and sweetener. Using a hand mixer, beat butter and sweetener together until it’s fluffy and light yellow in color.
- Add in dry ingredients. Beat in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add in liquid ingredients. Beat in eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the batter into lined muffin cups. You want them almost full.
- Bake the cupcakes. Bake the keto chocolate cupcakes for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let keto cupcakes with almond flour cool. Once cupcakes are cool, frost with keto chocolate frosting.
Are Gluten Free Cupcakes Keto?
These keto chocolate cupcakes are both keto and gluten-free, but many gluten-free cupcakes wouldn’t necessarily be keto as well. Most gluten-free cupcakes would be made with gluten-free flours, but few of those are low carb.
I thought we needed some low carb chocolate cupcakes that were also gluten-free. And these keto cupcakes with almond flour fit the bill!
How To Store Low Carb Chocolate Cupcakes
Store chocolate keto cupcakes in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. If you keep them in the cupcake pan, cover with plastic wrap or foil.
My keto cupcake recipe doesn’t contain any preservatives, so they will go bad. (We tend to go through them pretty quickly at our house, so usually it’s not a problem!) 😉
How To Freeze Keto Cupcakes With Almond Flour
You can also freeze keto chocolate cupcakes with almond flour. Wrap each cupcake individually in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn. The keto friendly cupcakes will last 2-3 months in the freezer.
To thaw, simply leave them at room temperature until they thaw completely.
More Low Carb Cupcakes
If you love this keto cupcake recipe, you might also like some of these other low carb cupcake recipes:
- Sugar-Free Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting – The best gluten free keto cupcakes to make all spring and summer long – especially when the raspberries are perfect!
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes – My favorite way to eat keto cupcakes throughout the fall. All of the classic pumpkin flavors you crave, none of the flour and sugar you don’t want.
- Keto Chocolate Mug Cake – When you don’t have time to make this low carb chocolate cupcakes recipe, try my easy mug cake version that’s ready in a few minutes. It’s a faster version to keto cake.
- Piña Colada Cupcakes – This one is a cheesecake and cupcake and piña colada all-in-one. This keto cupcake recipe will take you directly to the beach!
Tools To Make Keto Chocolate Cupcakes With Almond Flour:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Hand Mixer – These keto cupcakes with almond flour are whipped up in a flash when you use a hand mixer. I love that it’s easy to use and easy to store.
- Cupcake Liners – Cupcake liners are a must when making this low carb cupcakes recipe. These are the ones I use and love.
- Cupcake Pan– Obviously a must for my keto cupcake recipe. These pans are my favorite and I have each and every one.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Low Carb Keto Chocolate Cupcakes Recipe (Almond Flour)
See how to make keto chocolate cupcakes with almond flour and no sugar! This keto low carb chocolate cupcakes recipe is rich, sweet, and ready in 30 minutes.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get Keto Sweetener For This Recipe
Meet Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the keto sweetener that tastes, bakes, dissolves, and browns just like sugar, with NO aftertaste and 0 net carbs.GET BESTI
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line 10 cups in a muffin tin with paper liners.
In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat butter and sweetener together, until fluffy.
Beat in almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
Beat in eggs, almond milk, and vanilla extract.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Allow muffins to cool completely, then frost with keto chocolate frosting (about 2 tablespoons frosting per cupcake).
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1 keto cupcake
This low carb recipe was featured in the February 2020 Wholesome Yum Challenge! Learn more and join the challenge to enter this month's giveaway.
Video Showing How To Make Chocolate Cupcakes:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Chocolate Cupcakes!
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂