This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I know you’re excited about this keto spaghetti squash alfredo, because who doesn’t love alfredo?! It was one of my favorite meals as a kid, and thankfully, with this healthy chicken alfredo recipe, it’s still a family favorite! It’s got all of the classic flavors, but uses spaghetti squash as the keto noodles, a homemade alfredo sauce, and my trick for perfect baked chicken breast, so you can easily cut carbs and keep this recipe light.
I’ve got no shortage of spaghetti squash recipes on my site – it’s one of my favorite keto vegetables! Try it as a pasta swap in spaghetti squash lasagna, a base for meaty recipes like stroganoff, or an equally delicious substitute for any recipe that uses zucchini noodles.
This low carb spaghetti squash chicken alfredo was originally published on October 11, 2017, and the post was republished in October 2020 to add updated pictures and useful tips.
How To Make Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Making a healthy chicken alfredo is really easy. I actually did it by combining three of my favorite low carb recipes!
But don’t be intimidated. They are super easy, and you can make them in parallel:
- Bake spaghetti squash. Get the instructions for how to roast spaghetti squash here – there are 2 options for the method, and a trick for making it faster!
- Bake chicken breast. We’re using my juicy baked chicken breast recipe, but cutting the recipe in half and using Italian spices.
- Make low carb alfredo sauce. The last step, this simple alfredo requires just 4 ingredients, and is super rich and creamy.
- Assemble healthy chicken alfredo. Place strands of spaghetti squash into a large bowl and top with chicken pieces and the keto alfredo sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo FAQs
Is chicken alfredo healthy?
Regular chicken alfredo is not the healthiest option – a combination of high-carb pasta and high-fat alfredo sauce is not ideal. Once you swap the pasta for low carb spaghetti squash, it gets much better.
So yes, this is a healthy chicken alfredo recipe! This meal is loaded with veggies and protein.
Can I make healthy chicken alfredo with spaghetti squash?
Absolutely! Chicken alfredo flavors work so well with the slightly sweet squash, give it a try.
Can I make healthy alfredo with zucchini noodles?
If you prefer zucchini to spaghetti squash, you can certainly make a batch of zucchini noodles and serve the sauce and chicken over those instead. It’s delicious either way.
Or if it’s easier, simply follow my keto zoodles alfredo recipe.
Can I make it dairy-free?
Yes, you can swap out the heavy cream for coconut cream and skip the Parmesan, or use your favorite dairy-free Parmesan replacement.
How many carbs in spaghetti squash chicken alfredo?
Each serving of this spaghetti squash alfredo recipe has 9.1 grams net carbs – this is a good amount for a keto dinner. Compare that to a 2-ounce serving of regular fettucine, which has 35 grams net carbs!
Healthy Chicken Alfredo Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can prep any or all of the components of this recipe ahead, which makes the assembly super simple.
When you’re ready to eat, reheat and toss everything together. It’s perfect if you want to make a chicken alfredo meal prep.
How to store spaghetti squash alfredo:
Store in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Can you freeze spaghetti squash with alfredo sauce?
Yes, you can actually freeze this dish. The sauce can change texture, so follow the reheating instructions.
How to reheat spaghetti squash with alfredo:
Reheat the spaghetti squash and chicken until warm in a hot skillet, stirring frequently. It’s especially important to stir if it was previously frozen, to prevent curdling.
TIP: Be careful not to heat the sauce too much, or it can separate.
What To Serve With Keto Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
This dish could easily be a meal by itself. But if you want to add something, here are some ideas:
- Rolls – Try breadstick and roll recipes, like keto breadsticks (find them in my Easy Keto Cookbook!) or fathead dinner rolls.
- Salads – These can be hearty like keto antipasto, or even just a simple green salad with Caesar dressing or Italian dressing.
- Sauteed Veggies – Simple veggies like sauteed broccoli, roasted broccolini, or sauteed zucchini.
More Keto Spaghetti Squash Recipes
If you like this spaghetti squash alfredo recipe, you might also like some of these other keto spaghetti squash recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole – Just 6 simple ingredients to make this hearty casserole that’s flavorful and healthy.
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai – This keto pad Thai is perfect for Thai cravings – loaded with flavor and no sugar.
- Lasagna Stuffed Spaghetti Squash – This healthy comfort food meal is easy and delicious.
- Keto Chicken Soup – All the classic flavors of chicken noodle soup, but with a healthy noodle upgrade of spaghetti squash.
Tools To Make Healthy Chicken Alfredo
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Sheet Pan – For your baked spaghetti squash.
- Baking Dish – For your chicken breast.
- Saucepan – The perfect size for alfredo sauce.
Keto Spaghetti Squash Chicken Alfredo Recipe
Keto Spaghetti Squash Alfredo Recipe (Healthy Chicken Alfredo)
Learn how to make healthy chicken alfredo with spaghetti squash and creamy sauce! This keto spaghetti squash alfredo recipe is easy low carb comfort food at its best.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Baked Spaghetti Squash
Italian Baked Chicken Breast
Low Carb Alfredo Sauce
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Cook Italian Baked Chicken Breast in the oven according to the instructions here, except use butter instead of olive oil and halve the recipe. Then, cut into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, make the low carb Alfredo sauce on the stove, according to the instructions here.
- Use a fork to release the spaghetti squash strands and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add chicken pieces, homemade Alfredo sauce, and fresh parsley, then toss to coat. (You may want to use less sauce to your liking. Start with 1/2 and add more as necessary. If you don't need all of it, the rest can be reheated later for another use.) Add additional sea salt and black pepper to taste as needed.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Nutrition info is based on using all the Alfredo sauce from this recipe, and includes the sauce. You may need less.
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂