FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Meet your new favorite snack, appetizer, or meal – ham pickle roll ups! Not only are they a tasty and filling snack, but they take just a few minutes to make. Simply spread, top, and roll, and your ham cream cheese roll ups are ready to eat. If you love pickle, cream cheese, and ham flavors, this is going to be a favorite.
What Are Ham Roll Ups?
Ham cream cheese pickle roll ups are a simple and tasty snack that consists of a slice of ham, spread with cream cheese and rolled together with a pickle and green onion.
Why You’ll Love This Ham Cream Cheese Roll Ups Recipe
- Creamy, salty, and tangy flavor
- Crunchy and creamy texture
- Super quick to make in a few minutes
- Common, real food ingredients
- Easy and delicious snack or appetizer
Ham Pickle Roll Ups Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for ham, cream cheese, and pickle roll ups, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Cream cheese – I used plain cream cheese, but you could also use savory flavored ones, such as garlic herb. Dairy-free cream cheese works fine as well for a dairy-free option.
- Ham – Choose ham slices that is thick enough to avoid tearing but thin enough to roll up. I recommend getting ones without added nitrates or nitrites. You can also swap this with other deli meats, such as turkey.
- Dill pickles – Choose ones sizes similarly to the width of your ham slices. I used whole pickles, but pickle spears will work great as well.
- Green onions – Feel free to skip these, but I love the added flavor and crunch. You can also substitute fresh chives.
How To Make Ham Roll Ups
This section shows how to make ham and pickle roll ups with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Spread. Spread cream cheese on each slice of ham.
- Top. Top with pickle and green onion on one end.
- Roll. Roll up pickles wrapped in ham and cream cheese into a tube shape.
- Slice. Cut each roll into slices, then skewer each with a toothpick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are ham roll ups healthy?
Yes, ham roll ups are a healthy and filling snack. Each serving has 7.8 grams of protein!
Are ham pickle roll ups gluten-free?
Yes, these ham and cream cheese roll ups are naturally gluten-free.
Can you make ham cream cheese roll ups dairy-free?
Yes, you can make the ham roll ups recipe dairy-free by using dairy-free cream cheese.
Store ham, cream cheese, and pickle roll ups in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you make ham roll ups ahead of time?
Yes, you can make ham roll ups a few days in advance.
Can you freeze ham roll ups?
No, I would not recommend freezing these, because the texture of the pickles and cream cheese won’t hold up.
More Cold Appetizer Recipes
If you like this ham and pickle roll up recipe, you might also like some of these other easy cold appetizers:
Pickle, Cream Cheese, and Ham Roll Ups:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Ham Pickle Roll Ups Recipe
Pickle and cream cheese ham roll ups are easy, healthy, and ready in just 10 minutes. They make a delicious snack or appetizer!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Spread 1 tablespoon (14 g) of cream cheese on each slice of ham.
- Place a pickle and scallion at one end of each ham slice and roll it up into a tube shape.
Cut each roll-up into 4 pieces. Secure with toothpicks, if desired.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 4 roll ups
Recipe adapted from The Easy Gluten-Free Cookbook by Lindsay Garza.
Video Showing How To Make Ham Roll Ups:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe — it’s located directly above the ingredients list. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make Ham Roll Ups!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂