FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’ll love keeping a stash of keto energy balls around… they are one of my favorite keto sweet snacks. They’ll fill you up and also satisfy your sweet tooth! These low carb energy balls are made with simple and nutritious ingredients, and the best flavor combination…
Peanut butter and chocolate! If you love this combo as much as I do, give my chocolate peanut butter smoothie, chocolate peanut butter fat bombs, or chocolate chip peanut butter protein cookies a try.
Most energy balls are sweetened with dried fruit, honey, or maple syrup, and use oats as a primary ingredient. This keto version is sweetened with Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup and uses a nut and nut butter blend for a similar texture to traditional oat ones. The syrup helps the balls stick together, but also adds great maple flavor and sweetness… with only 2g net carbs and 20 calories per serving!
How To Make Keto Energy Balls
- Pulse almonds. Place almonds in food processor and pulse until you have a mixture of chopped almonds and almond meal.
- Mix dry ingredients. Add shredded coconut, flaxseed meal, and salt. Pulse a few times until uniform.
- Add wet ingredients. Add peanut butter, Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup, and vanilla. Pulse again until uniform.
TIP: You can remove the blade to make folding easier. This will also protect your spatula… or transfer to a bowl and mix there..
- Form. Use a small cookie scoop and your hands to form the keto power bites into 1-inch balls and place on parchment paper.
Low Carb Energy Balls FAQs
Are energy balls low carb?
Most energy balls are made with high-carb ingredients like oats, dried fruit, and honey or maple syrup, so would not be low carb or keto friendly.
Are these peanut butter energy balls keto?
Yes, the carb counts in energy bites will vary recipe to recipe, but because we are using lower-carb ingredients in this recipe, they are just 1.7 grams net carbs each.
Can I make them nut-free?
Can I use something else instead of the maple syrup?
This recipe uses Wholesome Yum Keto Maple Syrup to sweeten and bind the energy balls. Other sugar-free maple syrup brands should work if they have the same thick consistency, but this is the only one that has a real maple syrup taste and natural ingredients.
You can also try using this sugar-free maple syrup recipe, but I haven’t tested it to confirm if it works as well.
Don’t use regular maple syrup, as that would be high in sugar.
If you don’t want to use a maple syrup at all, you can’t replace it with a granulated or powdered sweetener without changing the consistency. But, you can use a different liquid sweetener with a similar consistency, if you like. Sugar-free simple syrup or even sugar-free vanilla syrup would also be delicious!
Can you make them ahead?
Yes, these keto no bake energy balls are a perfect make-ahead snack. While you can eat them right away, they are also easy to store in a glass storage container. The bites can be be refrigerated for up to a week, or frozen.
Can you freeze keto no bake energy balls?
Yes, you can freeze the energy balls for 3-6 months. Take them out to thaw slightly before biting in!
More Keto Snack Recipes
If you like this low carb energy balls recipe, you might also like some of these other keto snack recipes:
- Keto Granola Bars – You can wrap these individually and store in your pantry. Convenient and delicious!
- Keto Cookie Dough Bites – Just 10 minutes to prep these sweet bites that have just 1.5 grams net carbs each.
- Chocolate Fat Bombs – These will keep you full AND satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Cocoa Balls – A chocolate way to make energy balls. Swap the maple syrup with the Wholesome Yum keto syrup.
- Keto Popcorn – The satisfaction and crunch of popcorn, without the carbs!
Tools To Make Keto Energy Bites
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor – The food processor makes these bites come together in no time, and this one is my favorite. It has lasted me for years.
- Keto Maple Syrup – The key sweetener and binder for sugar-free energy balls. Check out the reviews to see how much it tastes like the real thing!
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips – These are my go-to for all my sugar-free chocolate recipes!
Keto Energy Balls Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Energy Balls Recipe
Sweet low carb keto energy balls are super easy, grain-free, and no bake. Just 15 minutes, 7 ingredients, and 1.5g net carbs each!
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the almonds into a food processor. Pulse (starting and stopping every couple seconds) until you have a mixture of chopped almonds and almond meal.
Add the shredded coconut, flaxseed meal and salt. Pulse a couple of times, just until uniform. (Do not overmix.)
Add the peanut butter, syrup, and vanilla. Pulse again until just combined. (Again, do not overmix.)
Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips and press them into the mixture.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 energy ball
Video Showing How To Make Keto Energy Balls:
Scroll up a bit to see the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Energy Balls!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Shop Wholesome Yum Keto Ingredients
Find more Wholesome Yum ingredients for your recipes on Amazon!