Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
My keto chocolate chip cookies are super popular for a reason, and you might just want to eat the low carb sugar-free cookie dough straight… but since it contains raw eggs, try to resist. 😉 Instead, make this keto cookie dough recipe with almond flour in just 10 minutes! Not only is it safe to eat raw, but it tastes like little bites of heaven and won’t blow your carb limit on a keto diet.
Although this is sugar-free edible cookie dough, it definitely doesn’t taste like it. That’s because these keto cookie dough bites are made with a combination of Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend (for a smooth texture) and Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend (for brown sugar flavor). These sweeteners are a zero calorie, have zero net carbs, are 100% natural, and taste just like the real thing. You won’t be able to tell the difference!
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for gluten-free sugar-free cookie dough bites, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Unsalted Butter – Let the butter sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften before using. Softened butter will cream properly instead of leaving little chunks. If you need a dairy-free substitute, try butter-flavored coconut oil.
- Sweeteners – I use a combination of Besti Powdered and Besti Brown for the right texture and flavor. These sweeteners dissolve effortlessly, so there’s no gritty texture in your keto cookie dough. If you need to use a different keto sugar substitute, be aware that anything that contains erythritol (which includes most brands labeled “monk fruit” or “stevia”) may result in a gritty teture. If you still want to try something ese, see my sweeteners conversion chart for exact amounts.
- Vanilla Extract – Use a high quality pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour – I highly recommend blanched almond flour for making almond flour cookie dough, as this will prevent a grainy texture. If you need a nut-free option, you may be able to substitute 1/3 to 1/2 cup coconut flour in place of the 1 1/2 cups almond flour (note a big difference in quantity!), but I have not tested this to verify.
- Sea Salt – Balances the sweetness.
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips – This brand is my favorite!
How To Make Keto Cookie Dough
This section shows how to make easy keto edible cookie dough, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream butter and sweeteners. Combine the unsalted butter, Besti Powdered, and Besti Brown in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. Then, beat in the vanilla until well combined.
- Mix in flour. Beat in the blanched almond flour into the wet ingredients, until a crumbly dough forms. It should stay together if you pinch it with your fingers. (If it doesn’t, you can beat in an extra tablespoon or two of softened butter.)
TIP: Adjust sweetness if needed.
You can adjust the sweetener at this point to your liking. Use a spoon and taste a small amount of the dough. If it isn’t sweet enough, add a bit more Besti Powdered until it reaches your desired sweetness.
- Add chocolate chips. Fold in the sugar-free chocolate chips. If the dough is sticky, chill it in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes (this is usually only necessary if your kitchen is warm).
- Make balls. Use a small small cookie scoop to make small balls, about a tablespoon each. Place the balls onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
TIP: Press some chocolate chips into the outside if you like.
This is optional, but if you want to make the keto cookie dough balls prettier, you can press some chocolate chips onto the outside so that they are more visible.
- Enjoy. You can eat the keto cookie dough right away, or chill for an hour if you like a firmer texture.
Variations For Keto Cookie Dough
- Add protein – If you want to get a boost of protein, replace 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the flour with your favorite protein powder instead.
- Make it dairy-free – Substitute butter-flavored coconut oil in place of the butter.
- Make it creamy – If you like the kind of cookie dough that you can eat with a spoon, simply thin out the dough with heavy cream after adding the almond flour. Add one tablespoon at a time until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Peanut butter cookie dough – Replace half of the butter with unsweetened peanut butter.
- Add to ice cream – Make smaller keto cookie dough balls and churn them into keto ice cream.
- Store: Keep the keto chocolate chip cookie dough in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
- Freeze: You can also freeze sugar-free cookie dough. Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour. Once they are solid, transfer them to a zip lock bag and keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge or on the counter before eating.
More Sweet Keto Snack Recipes
If you like this keto cookie dough recipe, you might like some of my other sweet keto snacks — perfect for those sweet cravings!
Tools To Make Sugar-Free Cookie Dough
- Baking Sheet – My favorite pans, made in the USA.
- Hand Mixer – For creaming the butter and mixing the keto cookie dough. I have this one and like that it comes with storage for the attachments.
- Small Cookie Scoop – This one is the perfect measurement to make sure your low carb cookie dough bites are just the right size.
Keto Cookie Dough Recipe
Keto Cookie Dough (Sugar-Free, 1.1g Carbs!)
Make 10-minute keto cookie dough with almond flour, butter, sweetener, & chocolate chips. Sugar-free cookie dough is edible & irresistible!
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, combine the butter, Besti Powdered, and Besti Brown. Use a hand mixer to beat until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and sea salt, until well combined.
Beat in the almond flour, until a crumbly dough forms. Taste and adjust sweetener if desired.
Fold in the chocolate chips. If your kitchen is warm and the dough is sticky, refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
Use a small cookie scoop to make small balls, about a tablespoon each, pinching or rolling as needed to form a uniform ball. Place on the cookie sheet.
Enjoy right away, or refrigerate for 1 hour for firmer keto cookie dough.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1 cookie dough ball
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂