This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Shredded chicken is one of my favorite ways to use the Instant Pot, but it doesn’t have to stop at the plain version. Enter… this Instant Pot buffalo chicken recipe! It’s similar to my buffalo chicken salad, but in appetizer form. We’re leveraging the pressure cooker’s ability to cook the chicken super quickly, plus all the other ingredients can be mixed and cooked in the same vessel, for easy cleanup. I have a different version of this kind of dip in my cookbook, but I think you’ll really enjoy making buffalo chicken dip in the Instant Pot, because it’s just so, so fast!
Plus, it’s the perfect mix of flavors — it’s creamy, it’s cheesy, and it’s got a little heat. It will be the star of your next party or game day spread.
Can You Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In An Instant Pot?
Yes, you’re going to love this easy buffalo chicken dip in the Instant Pot. It’s super easy and fast!
Why You’ll Love This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Savory with a bit of heat
- Creamy smooth and cheesy texture
- Ready in 15 minutes
- Just 8 real-food, simple ingredients
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for buffalo chicken Instant Pot dip, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Butter – I prefer to use grass-fed butter for best flavor and nutrition, but any unsalted butter will work.
- Buffalo Sauce – I like to use Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (and it’s also great for buffalo chicken wings!), but use your favorite brand of buffalo or hot sauce.
- Chicken – I prefer to use organic chicken breasts, but any kind will do. Boneless skinless chicken thighs are fine to use as well.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – This is optional, but I love the added flavor it provides. I make my own homemade ranch seasoning, but store bought is also fine (try to look for one without artificial ingredients, if possible). You could also add a few tablespoons of ranch dressing instead, but the dip will be less thick.
- Cream Cheese – Use full-fat cream cheese for best texture and flavor, though low-fat will technically work.
- Shredded Cheese – I used a blend of Cheddar and Monterey Jack, but any type that melts well will work great.
- Blue Cheese – Buy blue cheese crumbles to make it easy.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip In The Instant Pot
This section shows how to make easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Melt butter. Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute function. Add butter and stir to melt.
- Add sauce. Stir in buffalo sauce.
- Season chicken. Add chicken breast and stir so chicken is coated in sauce. Sprinkle ranch seasoning, if using, and turn to coat.
- Cook. Attach lid and turn valve to sealing position. Cook using the Manual high pressure setting. When done, quick-release the pressure.
- Shred chicken. Remove chicken and shred with forks.
- Melt cheese. Return the shredded chicken to the Instant Pot. Add cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and blue cheese. Stir to combine. Use the Saute function to cook the mixture until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Use Cooked Chicken?
Yes, if you already have shredded chicken, you can use that as follows:
- Melt the butter and buffalo sauce in the Instant Pot using the Saute function.
- Add the pre-cooked shredded chicken and ranch seasoning.
- Add cheeses and stir until warm and melted.
How Do You Thicken Buffalo Chicken Dip?
This dip is pretty thick on its own, but if it feels like it’s not thick enough, you could add some more cream cheese or shredded cheese.
How Do You Fix Separated Buffalo Chicken Dip?
If your dip separates as it cools, simply reheat and stir together.
Can You Make It In The Slow Cooker?
Yes. You’d have to do the Saute steps on the stovetop instead, and cook the chicken on Low for 6-8 hours before shredding it.
- Store: Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- Reheat: Reheat buffalo chicken dip in the Instant Pot using the Saute setting, stirring requently, until warm. It’s also fine to microwave it for a minute or two, or pop it in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Freeze: You can freeze buffalo chicken dip, but the texture will change, so I don’t recommend it. I don’t think you’ll have any problems finishing it!
What To Serve With Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
You made your buffalo chicken dip in Instant Pot… now how do you eat it? Here are some ideas:
- Veggies – Cucumbers, celery sticks, mini bell peppers, and carrot sticks are all healthy options for dunking (the first three are low carb as well).
- Tortilla Chips – I make low carb tortilla chips, but the classic kind is also fine if they fit your needs.
- Crackers – My favorite are healthy almond flour crackers.
- Appetizer Spread – Make an entire spread with jalapeno poppers, frozen chicken wings in the air fryer, meatballs, and mini stuffed peppers.
More Easy Dip Recipes
If you like this pressure cooker buffalo chicken dip recipe, you might also like some of these other dip recipes:
- Instant Pot – You can’t make the best Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip without the Instant Pot.
- Glass Storage Containers – Store any leftover IP buffalo chicken dip in these glass containers that can go right from refrigerator to oven or microwave.
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Making buffalo chicken dip in the Instant Pot takes only 15 minutes! This easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip recipe is perfectly spicy, creamy, and cheesy.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Heat the Instant Pot using the Saute function. Add the butter and stir for about 1 minute, until melted.
Stir in the buffalo sauce.
Add the chicken breast and stir to coat it with the buffalo sauce. Sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the chicken, if using.
Attach the lid and turn the valve to the Sealing position. Cook using the Pressure Cook – Manual setting for 12 minutes.
When the chicken has finished cooking, release the pressure manually by switching the valve to the venting position. (Be careful, the valve will steam and may splatter.)
Remove the chicken, place into a bowl, and shred using two forks.
Return the shredded chicken to the Instant Pot. Add the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Monterey jack cheese, and blue cheese.
Heat the Instant Pot again using the Saute function. Stir for about 2 minutes, until the cheeses have fully melted.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram, or in our Facebook support group, too – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
I’ve been making this dip for get togethers this summer and it’s been a hit!! I eat it with pork rinds 😍
Delicious and so easy! Substituted shredded Mexican blend cheese for Monterey Jack and no blue cheese. Would definitely make this again!
I like the recipe, but it is not printer friendly. Can you find a way to make it print on a single page to save the environment, and to make the print bigger so I can see the paper version easily? Thanks a lot!
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Pat, If you are not concerned with the nutrition info, you could choose just to print the first page.
Amy L Huntley0
This dip was so simple to make and I will be making it again this weekend for the Superbowl.
This is a really tasty buffalo chicken dip! The instant pot makes it SO easy too!
We love this dip!! We dip crackers, chips, bread, & veggies in it!! It’s always a hit with everyone!!
This dip was delicious and so easy to make! Perfect for game day!
I’m never going back to the oven method after making this dip in my Instant Pot! So easy and absolutely delicious. Everyone LOVED it!
I had no clue that I could make this in the instant pot! This is genius! Thank you for sharing this recipe.
Great recipe! Thanks.
We love this dip so much. It’s always a crowd pleaser!