FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Are Graham Crackers?
- How To Make Keto Graham Crackers
- How To Use Low Carb Graham Crackers
- Sugar-Free Graham Crackers FAQs
- Gluten-Free Graham Crackers Storage Instructions
- More Keto Cracker Recipes
- Tools To Make DIY Low Carb Graham Crackers
- Get Besti Brown Keto Sweetener For Your Low Carb Graham Crackers!
- Sugar-Free Keto Graham Crackers Recipe (Gluten-Free)
You’re going to love these homemade keto graham crackers! I love snacking on sugar-free graham crackers, or using them for a low carb graham cracker crust, or… keto s’mores with my keto marshmallows! These gluten-free graham crackers have been updated to include a new ingredient that makes their flavor just like the classic ones. Read on to find out how many carbs in graham crackers there are, tips, ingredient swaps, and step-by-step instructions on how to make low carb graham crackers.
Originally, this recipe was based on my 3-ingredient keto crackers, which were also made with almond flour. To turn them into graham crackers, I started by adding sweetener and cinnamon. I also threw in a bit of butter to compensate for the extra dry ingredients, but you could use coconut oil for a dairy-free version.
However, the biggest change came from the secret ingredients: the authentic flavor in these crackers comes from vanilla extract, honey extract, and my new Besti Brown Sweetener (the best keto brown sugar substitute – with the flavor and moisture of real brown sugar!). Extracts make a huge impact on flavor when it comes to low carb baking. If you want homemade gluten-free graham crackers that taste like the real thing, this is the way to go!
Besti Brown Monk Fruit Sweetener imparts the most incredible brown sugar flavor and aroma. However, it actually softened the crackers (allulose will do that!), so I swapped some of the almond flour for crushed pork rinds, to add back some of the crunch. They are still softer than traditional grahams – somewhere between a cracker and a soft cookie – but after testing variations 6 times, I decided the flavor is well worth it.
This low carb graham crackers recipe was originally published in October 2017 and updated in October 2020 to include an improved recipe, step-by-step instructions and pictures, and some tips on how to make these the best gluten-free graham crackers! Here’s a picture of the original sugar-free graham crackers:
What Are Graham Crackers?
Graham crackers are a special kind of cracker made with graham flour and sweetened with sugar, honey, and a hint of molasses. You can occasionally find them flavored with cinnamon or chocolate.
These sweet crackers aren’t widely available outside the United States, but that’s okay – you can easily make these keto graham crackers at home instead!
How To Make Keto Graham Crackers
Graham crackers on keto are possible, thanks to this simple sugar-free gluten-free graham cracker recipe:
- Mix dry ingredients. Combine Wholesome Yum Almond Flour, crushed pork rinds, Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, cinnamon, and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse together.
- Mix wet ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, butter, vanilla, and honey extract.
- Process the crackers. Add the wet ingredients to the food processor and process until a dense, sticky dough forms.
FYI: The dough should be crumbly, but stick together when pressed. If it’s super dry, you can add a bit more melted butter.
- Chill dough. Form the dough into a ball and freeze, until no longer sticky.
- Form crackers. Roll out crackers to a 1/16 to 1/8 inch thick rectangle and cut into squares. Transfer the squares to a prepared baking sheet and prick with a fork.
- Bake. They are done when they are golden, but allow them to cool completely before handling. They will firm up as they cool.
How To Use Low Carb Graham Crackers
Besides the obvious of just snacking on these keto-friendly graham crackers, I’ve got a few other ideas for you:
- S’mores – Is there anything that goes together more perfectly than a fluffy sugar-free marshmallow, a crunchy cinnamon graham cracker, and (sugar-free) dark chocolate?
- Pie Crust – If you’re looking to use the graham crackers in a pie crust, try gluten-free pumpkin pie cheesecake. It’s easy to make it low carb by using these sugar-free graham crackers and swapping the sugar with a keto sweetener.
- Graham crackers crumbs – Crumble the crackers and use the crumbs for topping your favorite keto desserts. I particularly love it over keto ice cream.
- Dunk them in milk – While regular milk is not keto, they are perfect with almond milk.
Sugar-Free Graham Crackers FAQs
Are graham crackers gluten-free?
Most graham crackers are made with wheat flour and are not gluten-free. This recipe is gluten-free and also works well as a keto substitute for graham crackers.
How many carbs in graham crackers?
Each keto graham cracker has 2.4 grams net carbs. Compared that to a regular, square-sized graham cracker, which tallies up to 11.5g net carbs!
Are graham crackers keto?
Regular graham crackers are not keto friendly. This sugar-free graham cracker recipe is keto friendly. It uses clean ingredients, with no sugar or flour.
Can you use a different sweetener?
Sorry, I don’t recommend swapping out the sweetener here. You need Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend to get that classic brown sugar flavor, and since it’s moist like brown sugar, it impacts the recipe moisture level as well. I have tried other brands of keto brown sweetener, and find that they either don’t have the right moisture or the right sweetness, or they crystallize.
Can you use coconut flour?
No, sorry. Almond and coconut flour are not interchangeable, and you need almond flour for these sugar-free graham crackers. If you have an allergy and can’t use it, try sunflower seed meal – but the flavor and texture will be different.
Can you make them without pork rinds?
Yes, but I recommend including them. They help add crunch.
But, if you can’t have pork for some reason, you can swap out the pork rinds with the equivalent amount of additional almond flour. That is, replace the pork rinds with 1 cup almond flour, on top of the almond flour already in the recipe.
Gluten-Free Graham Crackers Storage Instructions
Can you make them ahead?
Yes, you can make these keto graham crackers a few days in advance.
How to store graham crackers
Store the GF graham crackers in an airtight container in the pantry for 5-7 days.
Can you freeze sugar-free gluten-free graham crackers?
If you won’t eat the crackers within a week, store them in the freezer for 2-3 months.
Arrange them on a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer and place in the freezer. Once solid, transfer them to a freezer bag.
More Keto Cracker Recipes
If you like this gluten-free graham cracker recipe, you might also like these other keto cracker recipes:
- Keto Almond Flour Crackers – Crunchy and buttery and just 2 ingredients.
- Keto Cheese Crackers – These are like homemade, keto Cheez-Its and made with 3 ingredients.
- Fathead Crackers – Easy, delicious, and you only need 3 ingredients to make them!
- Keto Popcorn – Okay, this isn’t exactly crackers, but it’s a crunchy snack that definitely fits the theme.
Tools To Make DIY Low Carb Graham Crackers
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor – A must for these sugar-free graham crackers. This is what makes the dough come together.
- Honey Extract – This is the trick to the best GF graham crackers with classic honey flavor – without the carbs!
- Rolling Pin – Ensure your low carb graham crackers cook evenly by making sure they are rolled out to the same thickness.
Easy Keto Graham Crackers Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Get Besti Brown Keto Sweetener For Your Low Carb Graham Crackers!
Meet Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the brown sugar replacement that has the moisture, color and flavor of brown sugar - with NO aftertaste & 0 net carbs!GET IT HERE
Sugar-Free Keto Graham Crackers Recipe (Gluten-Free)
This gluten-free, sugar-free keto graham crackers recipe has a few secret ingredients for classic flavors of brown sugar & honey, without the carbs or sugar. Perfect as a snack or for keto s'mores!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the almond flour, pork rinds, sweetener, cinnamon and sea salt in a food processor. Pulse until mixed together, stirring in from the sides as needed.
Add the butter, vanilla, and honey extract to the food processor and process until a dense, sticky dough forms. Stop to scrape down the sides as needed.
When the dough is uniform, remove from the food processor and form into a ball. Freeze for about 10 minutes, until no longer sticky, or refrigerate until ready to make crackers.
Place the dough ball between two large pieces of parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll out to rectangle, about 1/16 to 1/8 in (1.5 to 3 cm) thick.
Cut the cracker dough into squares. Carefully peel the squares off the parchment and place onto the lined baking sheet, without touching. Prick holes with a toothpick or fork. You'll have uneven dough remaining at the edges, so just press that back into a ball, roll out again, and repeat. (You may need two baking sheets or two batches, depending on the size of your baking sheet.)
Bake for 8-12 minutes, until golden. Cool completely until crispy.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 3x3'' crackers, or 1/12 entire recipe
Video Showing How To Make Keto Graham Crackers:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Graham Crackers!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂