FREE: 5 SECRETS TO FAST HEALTHY DINNERSGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This easy spicy mayo recipe is one of my favorite naturally keto friendly condiments. But you don’t have to be keto to enjoy it!
The most common reason people make it is to have spicy mayo for sushi (make yours low carb by making sushi without rice!). Don’t stop there, though… sriracha mayo is also delicious with poke bowls, stir fry, cauliflower rice, kani salad, sandwiches (I use keto bread), and many other things. Use it anywhere that needs a little spice!
You’ll want to learn how to make this sriracha mayo at home ASAP, because you’re about to start putting it on everything. 😉
What Is Spicy Mayo?
Spicy mayo sauce is exactly what it sounds like – mayonnaise with a kick! Sometimes it’s called sriracha mayo, because that’s what makes it spicy.
Let me show you how to make spicy mayo sauce… it’s super simple.
Spicy Mayo Ingredients
The ingredients to make this sriracha mayo recipe are simple, and you can make it as basic or as fancy as you like.
Here’s what’s in spicy mayo:
- Mayonnaise – Obviously not optional, but feel free to use your mayo of choice here. I like to make homemade mayonnaise, but this pre-made one is also one of my faves.
- Sriracha – If you are really sensitive to spice, you could always start with less. It’s easy to add more later.
- Optional add-ins – Lime juice, sesame oil, ginger, and garlic powder
How To Make Spicy Mayo
It’s beyond easy to make this homemade spicy mayo recipe! Here’s how:
- Mix spicy mayo base. Stir together mayo and sriracha, until smooth – these are the basic ingredients.
- Add in optional add-ins if desired. There are several things you can add for more flavor if you like, including lime juice, toasted sesame oil, ground ginger, and garlic powder. Add any or all of them!
Spicy Mayo Recipe FAQs
How spicy is sriracha mayo?
This keto spicy mayo recipe is semi-spicy. If you are super sensitive to spice, start with less, and if you love spice, you might want to add more sriracha.
However, be aware that the more sriracha you add, the thinner it will be.
Does spicy mayo have sugar?
This spicy mayo dipping sauce has a negligible amount of sugar from the sriracha. It’s not really significant because we use 1/4 cup sriracha for the entire recipe, which translates to 0.6 teaspoon of sriracha per serving, and each teaspoon has just 1 gram of sugar.
Is spicy mayo keto friendly?
Yes, most people would say sriracha mayo is keto friendly. It has 0.6g carbs per tablespoon. If you’re super strict, you might avoid it because of the tiny amount of sugar in sriracha, but for most people it’s definitely fine.
Although Asian cooking often contains ingredients that are not clean keto friendly (the carbs in rice are too high for a low carb lifestyle, and whether soy sauce is keto is murky), spicy mayo is fine to enjoy without needing any substitutions.
Is spicy mayo gluten-free?
Usually yes, but not always – it depends on the ingredients. This is a gluten-free spicy mayo recipe. Just make sure your mayonnaise is gluten-free.
Are the add-ins required?
Nope! Feel free to add what you like to the base mixture of mayo and sriracha.
Can I buy spicy mayo for sushi instead?
Yes, some stores sell spicy mayo, but they often have processed ingredients added. I much prefer to make my own, especially since it only takes a few minutes, and this way I know exactly what’s in it.
Sriracha Mayo Storage
Can you make spicy mayonnaise ahead?
Yes, you can make this spicy mayo recipe ahead, but don’t have to. It will be flavorful right away.
How to store homemade spicy mayo
Store this sriracha mayo in the refrigerator. It will last about as long as your mayonnaise would on its own; the minimum is 7 to 10 days for homemade or a few weeks for store bought. However, since the sriracha we add is acidic, it might last a bit longer than regular mayo would.
Can you freeze spicy mayo sauce?
No, don’t try to freeze sriracha mayo. Mayonnaise doesn’t freeze well and the texture will be ruined after thawing.
More Keto Asian Recipes
If you like this spicy mayo dip recipe, you might also like some of these other keto Asian recipes. They’re not all Japanese like this sriracha mayo, but totally delicious.
- Keto Sushi – Use your homemade spicy mayo for sushi… without the rice! These are also much quicker to make than traditional sushi.
- Keto Pho – SO many ways to use this dressing and it’s so much better than the stuff from the store.
- Keto Chicken Stir Fry – This is easy to customize with ingredients you have on hand. And sometimes I drizzle spicy mayo on top!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – The perfect rice replacement, and it goes well with hibachi. Sriracha mayo sauce fits right in with it.
Tools To Make Sriracha Mayo Sauce
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Storage Containers – This 16-piece set comes in different sizes (1, 2, or 4 cups) and is the perfect container for storing spicy mayo poke sauce..
- Mini Squeeze Bottles – Another great storage option – no utensils needed and it’s how I make a fancy design on my ahi tuna poke bowls.
Spicy Mayo Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
How To Make Spicy Mayo (Sriracha Mayo Recipe)
This creamy, spicy sriracha mayo recipe takes just a few minutes and tastes like it's from your favorite Asian restaurant! Once you learn how to make spicy mayo sauce, you'll never use store bought.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Basic spicy mayo recipe:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Stir together the mayo and sriracha. If desired, add any (or all) of the add-ins.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 tbsp
Nutrition info does not include optional ingredients.
Video Showing How To Make Spicy Mayo:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Spicy Mayo!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂