Free: Healthy Freezer Meals Recipe EbookGet It Now
This oven roasted cherry tomatoes recipe is the perfect addition to any meal. It’s one of my favorite ways to use up fresh tomatoes in the summer (when my kids don’t decide to eat an entire box fresh in one sitting!). Like roasting vegetables or potatoes, roasting cherry tomatoes doesn’t require a lot of time or effort, yet the results are always bursting with flavor!
Why You’ll Love This Roasted Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- Savory, garlicky, herby taste
- Tender and juicy
- 5 simple ingredients
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Naturally low carb and gluten-free
- Quick and easy side dish
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for roasting cherry tomatoes in the oven, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Cherry Tomatoes – You can roast tomatoes of any kind, but cherry tomatoes are one of the easiest types because you don’t have to cut them. I tested the recipe with cherry tomatoes at first, but when I took the photos I had grape tomatoes on hand, and they work just as well!
- Avocado Oil – The perfect choice for roasted cherry tomatoes due to its high smoke point and mild flavor. You can also use extra virgin olive oil or refined coconut oil.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic delivers the best flavor, but you could also use 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic for convenience, or simply 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
VARIATION: Add fresh or dried herbs, or balsamic vinegar!
For more flavor, add 1-2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, or 2 tablespoons of fresh minced herbs such as fresh basil leaves, parsley, thyme, or chives.
How To Make Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
This section shows how to roast cherry tomatoes, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Season. Preheat the oven. Combine the tomatoes, avocado oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Toss to coat.
- Arrange. Place the tomatoes on a rimmed sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake. Roast cherry tomatoes in the oven, until they are soft to your liking.
VARIATION: Cut the tomatoes in half!
This is not actually required since they are small, but if you want more of the seasonings inside of the roasted cherry tomatoes, you can cut them in half before roasting.
How Long To Roast Cherry Tomatoes?
Roast cherry tomatoes in oven for a total of 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Store: Keep roasted cherry tomatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Reheat: Warm leftovers in an oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes, covered with foil to retain moisture. You can also heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals, or just enjoy them at room temperature!
Can You Freeze Roasted Tomatoes?
Yes, you can freeze roasted tomatoes. Cool completely, place in an airtight container or freezer bag, and freeze for up to 6 months.
Ways To Serve Oven Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Liven up any dish with this recipe for roasted cherry tomatoes. Serve as a side on their own, or use them to add flavor to other recipes:
- Noodles – Instead of traditional pasta sauce, plate these veggies with fresh herbs on top of your favorite pasta for a simple meal. I like lighter options like zucchini noodles and buttery baked spaghetti squash.
- Chicken – Use them on top of bruschetta chicken or Mediterranean chicken for a delicious twist.
- Toast – Squish these tomatoes on top of avocado toast with coconut flour bread or fluffy protein bread. You could even use guacamole on top instead!
- Salads – Add roasted tomatoes in place of cherry tomatoes in your favorite salad recipes, or replace the fresh ones in burrata salad, Caprese salad, savory BLT salad, Italian antipasto salad, or cucumber tomato avocado salad.
- Add Toppings – Top with goat cheese, parmesan cheese, feta cheese (or baked feta), parsley, basil, or drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve on a platter as an appetizer.
More Roasted Veggie Recipes
Roasting is an excellent way to bring out the natural flavors of vegetables. Here are some delicious recipes that use this technique to create tasty, easy side dishes:
Tools For Roasting Cherry Tomatoes
- Rimmed Baking Sheet – My favorite for roasting, thanks to a corrugated surface for better air circulation.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (So Easy!)
Enjoy these easy oven roasted cherry tomatoes in so many ways! You can use them as a side dish, a topping, or component in another recipe.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, avocado oil, garlic, salt, and black pepper. Toss to coat.
Arrange the tomatoes on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Roast cherry tomatoes in the oven for 10 minutes. Flip, then continue roasting for 10 more minutes, or until they reach your desired softness.
Adjust salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 3/4 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂