This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you’ve tried my healthy meal plans, you know I’m a huge fan of meal prepping my healthy meals. It makes lunch time so convenient when I’m in a hurry — and this Greek chicken meal prep recipe is one of my favorite ways to meal prep chicken breast. Everything is made in one pan, it’s quick and easy, uses common ingredients, is packed with nutrition, keeps well all week, and tastes amazing. (P.S. Not in the mood for Greek? I have 10 more chicken meal prep ideas below!)
Why You’ll Love Chicken Meal Prep
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for Greek chicken meal prep bowls, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
Below are the ingredients and substitutions for Greek chicken meal prep. If you want another flavor profile altogether, see the chicken meal prep ideas further below!
- Chicken Breast – I used boneless skinless chicken breasts, but you could use boneless skinless chicken thighs or even strips if you prefer.
- Veggies – This chicken meal prep recipe uses a combination of zucchini, grape tomatoes (or use cherry tomatoes), and onions (any kind work great). You can also add or substitute other vegetables that roast at a similar rate, such as bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms, asparagus, and cauliflower. Chop them all into uniform-sized pieces. Onions cook a little more slowly, so I sliced them thinner.
- Olive Oil – For locking in moisture and helping the seasonings stick. You can also use avocado oil or coconut oil instead of olive oil.
- Balsamic Vinegar – For a tangy, slightly sweet flavor. You can substitute red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or lemon juice, but the flavor will be more tart. You could add a couple teaspoons of honey (or sugar-free honey) to counteract this if you like.
- Seasonings – I used a combination of dried dill and dried oregano, but you could use other herbs such as rosemary, thyme, or basil. You can also substitute fresh herbs (just triple the amount of dried, because fresh ones are less intense), or just add fresh herbs on top at the end. You’ll also need garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Paprika or onion powder can also make nice additions if you like.
- Feta Cheese – Although optional, feta cheese adds the perfect flavor. You could also use other types of cheese, such as crumbled goat cheese, grated parmesan, or fresh mozzarella, to add a creamy and tangy flavor to your chicken breast meal prep.
- Balsamic Glaze – You can use store bought if you like, but it’s easy to make homemade balsamic glaze pretty quickly.
NOTE: An older version of this recipe included a brine for the chicken, but it’s not needed.
It turned just as flavorful without it! If you prefer to brine, though, just follow the instructions in my healthy baked chicken breast post before seasoning and roasting.
How To Make Chicken Meal Prep Bowls (Greek Style)
This section shows how to make Greek chicken breast meal prep bowls, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Mix the marinade. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Season the veggies. Place the chopped vegetables into a large bowl, and pour half of the oil and vinegar mixture over them. Season with dried herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables. Spread the veggies out in a single layer on an extra large baking sheet. Make spaces between them and arrange chicken in the spaces.
TIP: Make sure the chicken pieces are not touching and there are no vegetables underneath the chicken.
This will ensure that everything cooks evenly.
- Season the chicken. Brush the remaining oil and vinegar mixture over chicken. Sprinkle the chicken with dried herbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper as well.
- Bake. Roast chicken and vegetables in the oven, until the veggies are soft and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and let rest.
- Assemble chicken meal prep containers. Slice the chicken against the grain. Transfer the veggies to meal prep containers and top with chicken. Sprinkle with feta cheese if you like, and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
10 More Chicken Meal Prep Ideas
There are so many ways to meal prep chicken breast! Whether you prefer savory or spicy, these chicken meal prep recipes will keep your meal prep routine fresh:
- Fajita – For a chicken fajita meal prep, simply make my chicken fajitas recipe and portion out the chicken and veggies into containers. (You could also do the same thing with steak sheet pan fajitas and shrimp fajitas.) Pair with your fave rice and a squeeze of lime.
- Buffalo Chicken – Make a buffalo chicken meal prep with baked buffalo chicken breasts or even buffalo chicken wings. Add a serving of chicken to each container and pair it with a serving of roasted zucchini. Serve with a side of ranch dressing if you like.
- Teriyaki – Make teriyaki chicken bowls and divide into meal prep bowls with 1/2 cup rice (or cauliflower rice), 3/4 cup broccoli, 1/3 cup carrots, and 3/4 cup teriyaki chicken. You could also simply make teriyaki chicken and serve it with a side of fried rice or cauliflower fried rice for a lighter option.
- Chicken And Rice – Make chicken and rice meal prep using any cut of chicken, such as baked chicken breasts, BBQ or regular chicken drumsticks, or even chicken leg quarters. Portion over cooked rice, or mix leftover shredded chicken with cooked fried rice instead.
- Caprese – For a meal prep bursting with Italian flavors, make baked chicken Caprese. Portion over roasted potatoes or add a side of zucchini noodles. Garnish with fresh basil when serving.
- BBQ Chicken – Make BBQ chicken drumsticks. Place 1-2 drumsticks in each meal prep container with a side of mashed potatoes (or cauliflower mashed potatoes), or for a cool summery meal, cauliflower potato salad.
- Honey Garlic Chicken – For a sweet and savory meal prep, make honey garlic chicken with a side of your favorite rice, or cauliflower rice for a lighter option. This works well with green onions or fresh cilantro for garnish.
- Chicken Stir Fry – Make classic chicken stir fry (or you can do chicken cabbage stir fry), and portion into containers over rice or cauliflower rice.
- Cajun – Bake chicken breasts seasoned with Cajun seasoning mix instead of Italian spices. I pair this in a meal prep bowl with roasted broccoli and cauliflower.
- Chicken Marsala – Divide baked spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles among your meal prep containers and add chicken marsala on the side.
Virtually all chicken meal prep recipes store and reheat the same way:
- Store: Portion into individual containers and store in the fridge. Glass containers work best, as they don’t seep or absorb flavors, and you can reheat right in the dish. These meal prep containers are what I use, but you could use divided meal prep containers.
- Reheat: The fastest, easiest way to reheat chicken meals is in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. If you happen to be at home and want a better result, glass containers can go straight into the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. To refresh meal prep bowls when serving, drizzle with a little olive oil before or after heating.
- Freeze: Most of these chicken meal prep ideas freeze well for up to 3 months. You can freeze them in individual containers, or in zip lock bags to save space. Just make sure to cool completely before freezing.
Other Ways To Meal Prep Chicken
The chicken meal prep ideas above are perfect for specific meals, but you can also prepare chicken on its own in different ways for use in other recipes. It’s a blank canvas! Here are some different ways to do it:
- Diced Chicken Breast – Make air fryer chicken breast, juicy pan seared chicken breasts, or simple oven baked chicken breasts. Dice up into small squares and portion in containers.
- Shredded Chicken – The easiest and quickest way to make shredded chicken for healthy meal prep is in the Instant Pot. Simply cook chicken breast in the Instant Pot and shred.
- Chicken Thighs – Try air fryer chicken thighs or pan seared chicken thighs if you prefer dark meat.
- Chicken Legs – Baked chicken legs are my most popular chicken recipe, for good reason — it’s easy, juicy, and crispy all in one! For other options, try air fryer chicken legs or baked chicken leg quarters.
- Whole Chicken – Use leftovers from a whole chicken to throw into soups or casseroles, tuck into sandwiches or wraps, or serve over salads. My favorite way is to cook whole chicken in the air fryer, but you can also make slow cooker whole chicken, roast it in the oven, or even take a shortcut and just buy a rotisserie chicken at the store. 😉
- My Favorite Glass Meal Prep Containers – So easy to grab and go, and they transition effortlessly from fridge to microwave or oven (and the dishwasher.
Greek Chicken Meal Prep
Greek Chicken Meal Prep (+ 10 More Ideas!)
These Greek chicken meal prep bowls are SO EASY, with simple ingredients — or choose from 10 other flavorful chicken meal prep ideas.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Place the chopped vegetables in a large bowl. Pour half of the oil vinegar mixture over the veggies. Season with half of the seasonings: 3/4 teaspoon dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Stir to coat.
Arrange the veggies in a single layer on an extra large baking sheet.
Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels. Make spaces between the vegetables on the baking sheet and arrange the chicken in the spaces. Make sure the chicken pieces are not touching and there are no vegetables underneath the chicken.
Brush the remaining oil vinegar mixture over the chicken. Use the remaining seasonings (same amount as the veggies) to season both sides of the chicken: 3/4 teaspoon dried dill, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
Roast the chicken and vegetables in the oven for about 20 minutes, until veggies are soft and chicken is cooked through. Remove from the oven and rest in the pan for 5 minutes.
Slice the chicken against the grain. Transfer the chicken and vegetables to meal prep containers.
Sprinkle with feta cheese if desired. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups, or 1/4 of the entire recipe
See the post above for 10 more chicken meal prep ideas!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂