Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
- Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How To Make Boneless Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
- Tips For Juicy Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- More Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes
- Recommended Tools
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
I love bone-in air fryer chicken thighs for their crispy skin, but sometimes I just want less fuss, and these air fryer boneless chicken thighs are perfect for that. They are just as easy to make (and eat) as air fryer chicken breast, but with the juicy flavor of dark meat. It’s my favorite boneless chicken thigh recipe! Plus, like many air fryer recipes, these cook up quicker than other methods.
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Tender, juicy chicken
- Just 5 simple ingredients (plus salt and pepper)
- Easy prep with minimal cleanup
- On the table in 20 minutes
- Faster than baked chicken thighs in the oven
- Quick meal for weeknights
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for cooking boneless skinless chicken thighs in the air fryer, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Chicken Thighs – This recipe uses boneless skinless chicken thighs. If you prefer meat with bones, make air fryer bone-in chicken thighs like this instead.
- Oil – I use olive oil, but you could use avocado oil, melted coconut oil, or your preferred oil.
- Italian Seasoning – You can make homemade Italian seasoning in just a few minutes, or just use store-bought.
- Spices – In addition to the Italian seasoning, season the chicken with smoked paprika (or regular paprika), garlic powder, sea salt, and black pepper.
VARIATION: Try a different seasoning blend!
If you want an extra punch of flavor in your air fryer boneless chicken thighs, try poultry seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, or Cajun seasoning. You could even use pork chop seasoning, which is actually really good on chicken.
If you have a little more time, make the chicken marinade from my balsamic chicken recipe. Just omit the other spices and Italian seasoning.
How To Make Boneless Chicken Thighs In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make air fryer boneless chicken thighs, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep and season. Pat the chicken dry. Brush both sides of the chicken thighs with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange. Place chicken thighs in the air fryer basket (preheated first) in a single layer, so the pieces aren’t touching.
- Cook. Air fry boneless chicken thighs until the internal temperature reaches 170 degrees F. Tent with foil and rest before serving to let the juices settle.
Tips For Juicy Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Don’t overcrowd the basket. If the chicken doesn’t fit without touching, air fry it in batches. Otherwise, it won’t cook evenly.
- Flipping is optional. You can flip halfway through if you like, but it’s not absolutely necessary. Air fryer boneless skinless chicken thighs cook pretty evenly even if you don’t flip them, but the browning is more even if you do.
- Use a meat thermometer. Ensure the temp reaches at least 170 degrees F in the thickest part of the chicken — this higher temperature breaks down the collagen for the juiciest dark meat. Depending on the size of the chicken thighs, the cook time may vary, and it will take longer if you didn’t preheat the air fryer first.
- Store: Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheat: The best way is to warm up boneless chicken thighs in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 2-3 minutes. Note that the temp is lower than cooking them initially, otherwise they will brown too much.
- Freeze: Cool completely, place in a zip lock bag, and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight, or in a bowl of cold water on the counter, before reheating.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
You can pair air fryer chicken thigh recipes like this one with just about any side dish. If you need some ideas, here are a few to get you started:
- Potatoes – For a complete air fryer meal, make air fryer sweet potatoes. Or, whip up some Instant Pot baked potatoes while you’re cooking chicken in the air fryer.
- Vegetables – For a classic side, pair these air fryer boneless chicken thighs with some crispy roasted brussels sprouts (shown in the photo above with balsamic glaze on top), sweet Instant Pot corn on the cob, or simple sauteed green beans.
- Salads – You can pair chicken with just about any salad recipe, but my go-to choices are kale salad or arugula salad.
- Noodles – I like to make lighter “pasta” options, like cauliflower mac and cheese or a simple side of zoodles in a basil pesto sauce.
More Easy Chicken Thigh Recipes
I love chicken thighs for their versatility and rich flavor! Here are more ways to make them and keep your meals exciting:
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Enjoy juicy, flavorful air fryer boneless chicken thighs made with olive oil & simple seasonings. An easy weeknight meal in just 20 minutes!
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Meanwhile, pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels.
Brush both sides of the chicken thighs with olive oil. Sprinkle both sides with Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Once preheated, place the boneless chicken thighs in the air fryer basket in a single layer, with the pieces not touching each other or at most barely touching. (Don’t crowd the basket. If they don’t all fit, air fry in batches.)
Air fry boneless chicken thighs for 10-12 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches at least 170 degrees F (77 degrees C) (this higher temperature is recommended for juicy dark meat). Cook time can vary depending on the size of the chicken thighs and will take longer if you didn’t preheat the air fryer first. You can flip halfway through if you like, but it's not absolutely necessary.
Remove the chicken thighs to a plate, tent the top with foil, and let them rest for 5 minutes to let the juices settle before serving.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂