This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Corn is one of my kids’ favorite veggies and this Instant Pot corn on the cob recipe is one of my favorite hands-off ways to make it. Like other Instant Pot recipes, it’s fast, less fuss than the stovetop, and perfect for when the weather doesn’t cooperate for grilling. Cooking corn on the cob in the Instant Pot brings out the corn’s sweetness and makes it super juicy. Top with salt, pepper and butter for the perfect healthy side dish, or make this corn in the Instant Pot and add Elote toppings.
Why You’ll Love Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
- Sweet, buttery flavor
- Perfectly juicy every time
- No standing over the stove or grill, or waiting for water to boil
- Fast 3-minute cooking time
- Super easy to make
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for cooking corn on the cob in the Instant Pot, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Corn – The most flavorful corn is sweet white corn, which cooks quickly and evenly, but you can use any fresh corn on the cob you prefer. At the grocery store, look for husks that wrap tightly around the cob, and tassels (the stringy bundle at the top of the husk) with a slightly sticky texture and brown color. Avoid peeling back the husk to check the corn, as it reduces storage life. You can also use frozen corn on the cob.
- Butter – Adding butter makes corn extra creamy and flavorful. If you need a dairy free alternative, try ghee or butter flavored coconut oil.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
How To Cook Corn On The Cob In The Instant Pot
This section shows how to cook corn on the cob in the Instant Pot, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep. Remove corn husks and silk strands. Place the trivet inside the Instant Pot. Pour in water. Place the shucked corn inside the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook. Close the lid, set the pressure valve to the sealing position, and cook corn in the Instant Pot.
- Release. When the timer goes off, flip the dial to the venting position right away to do a quick release the pressure.
- Serve. Carefully use tongs to remove the corn from the pressure cooker. Top with butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Store: To store leftovers in the fridge, wrap each piece of corn in foil or in a sealed bag and store in the vegetable crisper. Alternatively, cut cooked kernels off the cob and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- Reheat: Place a damp paper towel around each ear of corn and microwave for 1-2 minutes. For more flavor, use the oven instead. Wrap each piece of corn in aluminum foil with butter and heat in the oven at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. You can also use the leftover kernels in Instant Pot corn chowder or avocado corn salad.
- Freeze: Pressure cooker corn on the cob can freeze for up to 3 months. Wrap each piece of corn in aluminum foil and place in freezer-safe bags in the freezer. Thaw in the fridge and reheat as desired.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
Pressure cooker corn on the cob is an easy side dish that pairs well with a variety of main courses. Here are some great options:
- Chicken – Cilantro lime chicken, one-pan chicken fajitas, seasoned chicken stuffed peppers, or zesty blackened chicken all make great pairings.
- Steak – Corn on the cob makes a classic steakhouse side for London broil, juicy grilled steak, tender filet mignon, or mouthwatering ribeye steak.
- Pork – Try pork tenderloin, simple baked pork chops, or stovetop (or grilled) pork steak for complete meal.
- Seafood – Try corn with seafood recipes like quick lobster tail, easy crab legs, juicy garlic butter shrimp, or even oven baked shrimp.
More Easy Instant Pot Vegetable Recipes
Make your cooking faster and easier by cooking them in the pressure cooker:
- Instant Pot – You will need at least a 6-quart Instant Pot to cook corn on the cob. Bigger is fine, but smaller won’t work unless you cut the cobs in half.
- Trivet – A trivet or steamer basket keeps the corn out of the water for a perfectly pressure cooked corn. This trivet has handles, making it easy to pull in and out.
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob (Fast & Easy!)
Instant Pot corn on the cob is the easy way to make corn all year round! It's juicy, sweet, buttery, and takes just minutes to make.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the shucked corn inside the Instant Pot.
Select the Manual setting, then select High pressure and set the timer to 3 minutes. (It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure.)
When the timer goes off, do a quick pressure release.
Remove the lid. Carefully use tongs to remove the corn.
To serve, top with butter, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram – I’d love to see it!
Serving size: 1 ear of corn
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂