This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
These Instant Pot fajitas are incredibly easy to make and take just 15 minutes! One of the advantages of making steak fajitas in the Instant Pot is that they cook faster, but also, there is much less hands-on time than the traditional stovetop method. That means they’re easier to make if you’re busy, plus they make a delicious and healthy dinner, too. Make ’em with homemade fajita seasoning for maximum flavor.
How To Make Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
Steak fajitas in the Instant Pot couldn’t be easier! Let me walk you through fajitas in the Instant Pot:
- Slice. Briefly freeze the steak so that it’s easier to slice, and then slice thinly against the grain.
- Season. Toss the steak with a tablespoon of fajita seasoning.
- Saute. Heat oil in the Instant Pot on the “Saute” function. Brown the steak on both sides, but don’t cook through. It’ll only take a minute or two per side!
TIP: Brown the steak in batches, so that you don’t crowd the pot. If it’s too crowded, your meat will steam. You need a single layer for it to brown properly.
- Combine Instant Pot fajitas ingredients. Add all of the steak into the Instant Pot, and top with vegetables and remaining fajita seasoning. Stir to coat, then add broth and lime juice.
- Pressure cook. Close the lid, seal, and set to High Pressure for 2 minutes. It will take some time to come to pressure, and once time is up, use Quick release to release pressure immediately.
What To Serve With Instant Pot Steak Fajitas
Instant Pot fajitas are served the same way as the regular kind. I recommend:
- Your favorite tortillas or wraps – I like to use almond flour tortillas, lettuce wraps, or just eat it as a bowl
- Sliced avocado
- Salsa – Especially tomatillo avocado salsa verde!
- Lime wedges
- Sliced jalapenos
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
Instant Pot Steak Fajitas FAQs
What cut of steak should I use?
Fajitas are typically made with flank steak or skirt steak. Both work great and become very tender when you use them for fajitas.
What kind of seasoning to use for pressure cooker fajitas?
This pressure cooker steak fajitas recipe uses my homemade fajita seasoning that contains tenderizer. You can use a store bought version if you like, though.
Are Instant Pot steak fajitas healthy?
Yes, these fajitas are an easy way to make a protein and veggie-rich meal. Serve with some sliced avocado for some healthy fats.
Can I make this Instant Pot fajita recipe with chicken?
Yes, you could certainly swap the steak out for sliced chicken. The process would be the same.
Instant Pot Beef Fajitas Storage Instructions
Can you make this ahead?
You can make these steak fajitas instant pot recipe ahead, but the beauty of Instant Pot recipes is that they are quick and easy! I recommend making them right before serving.
You could slice the steak, peppers, and onions to prep ahead.
TIP: If your fajita seasoning contains tenderizer, don’t add it ahead of time. Otherwise, your meat will be too mushy.
How to store Instant Pot skirt steak fajitas
Store these steak fajitas in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Can you freeze this?
Yes, you can freeze fajitas for 1-2 months. However, they are really best fresh and don’t take very long to make, anyway.
How to reheat Instant Pot steak fajitas
Reheat Instant Pot steak fajitas in a hot skillet for best results, or in the microwave, until heated through. It doesn’t really make sense to add back to the Instant Pot to reheat.
More Keto Instant Pot Recipes
If you like these fajitas in the Instant Pot, you might like some of my other keto Instant Pot recipes:
- Instant Pot Egg Bites – This 4 ingredient recipe tastes just like the expensive egg bites at Starbucks. Make them at home for a great on-the-go breakfast or snack.
- Pressure Cooker Corned Beef – Just 10 minutes to prep this classic recipe that will leave your corned beef perfectly tender in just 90 minutes.
- Broccoli Cheese Casserole – Everyone loves this broccoli casserole. Ready in just 15 minutes!
- Instant Pot Short Ribs – Easy short ribs recipe with just 5 ingredients, they turn out perfect every time.
- Keto Chicken and Dumplings – Comfort food in a bowl, that’s also keto, low-carb, and gluten-free!
- Instant Pot Keto Chili – So meaty and satisfying, with no beans!
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
Tools To Make
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker – Can’t make steak fajitas in the Instant Pot without an Instant Pot – and it’s really all you need to make this! This is similar to the one I have, but is the newest edition.
Easy Steak Fajitas In The Instant Pot
Instant Pot Steak Fajitas Recipe
EASY Instant Pot steak fajitas are a delicious and healthy dinner. These steak fajitas in the Instant Pot take just 5 minutes to prep + 7 minutes to cook.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Toss the steak in a tablespoon of fajita seasoning.
Press the “Saute” button on the Instant Pot and adjust temperature to “More” (by pressing “Saute” repeatedly until the screen says “More”). Add a tablespoon of oil and half the steak in a single layer. Saute for about 1-2 minutes per side, not to cook through but just to brown the steak. Remove and repeat with the remaining steak. Add the steak that was cooked from the first batch back to the pot.
Add the vegetables and sprinkle with remaining fajita seasoning. Stir vegetables if needed to coat in seasoning. Add the broth and lime juice.
Close the lid and close the vent to the Sealing position. Press the “Manual” button and set to 2 minutes on High pressure. Use the Quick Release to release pressure immediately.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/4 lb steak fajitas + 3/4 cup vegetables, or 1/4 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂