FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Low carb keto oreos are the answer to your classic cookie craving! They taste and look like the real deal – but without the white flour and sugar. Keto oreo cookies have just 3.5 grams net carbs per cookie. Try out these gluten-free oreos next time you find yourself missing a sweet treat.
And of course, they are a favorite among kids! Dunk them into unsweetened almond milk for a nostalgic experience.Disclaimer: Oreos may be a registered trademark. This recipe is my interpretation of a similar dish, but is not to be construed as an endorsement of the company or having been endorsed by the company. There is no affiliation between myself and the company. Trademark remains the property of its owner and is used here only to describe the product.
How To Make Keto Oreos
This low carb oreo recipe does take some time to assemble, but all the steps are really easy.
For the low carb oreo cookies:
- Cream butter and sweetener. Beat butter and Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend in a medium sized bowl, until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt.
- Form keto oreo dough. Combine wet and dry ingredients into the same bowl and beat with a hand mixer.
- Chill. Shape dough into a rectangle, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill until firm.
- Shape cookies. Remove plastic wrap and roll dough out into a thin sheet between two pieces of parchment, about 1/4-inch thick. Cut cookies into circles with a mason jar (these will be larger than traditional oreos!).
TIP: Work with very cold dough and chill as needed while rolling out, so it holds shape. Use a thin frosting knife to get under the cookie dough cutouts. Roll as thin as you can and as quickly as you can. Don’t worry though, the dough IS forgiving. If the cookie crumbles as you try to move the dough with the pastry knife, you can re-roll the dough.
- Bake. They are done when they are firm. Cool completely before filling them.
For the sugar-free oreo filling:
- Make frosting for keto oreo cookies. In a medium bowl, beat together coconut oil and Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend. Add heavy cream one teaspoon at a time, until a stiff frosting has formed.
How to assemble keto friendly oreos:
- Make keto oreo sandwiches. Pipe filling onto cooled cookies, or use a cake knife to spread 1-2 teaspoons per cookie and top with another cookie to make a sandwich.
Low Carb Oreos FAQs
Are oreos keto?
Traditional packaged oreos are not keto friendly, as they are made with white flour and sugar.
This keto oreo cookies recipe is made with keto-friendly ingredients and each cookie has just 3.5 grams net carbs.
Are oreos gluten free?
No, traditional oreos are not gluten-free, since they are made with wheat flour.
In this gluten free oreo recipe, nutritious Wholesome Yum Foods Almond Flour is used, which is naturally gluten-free.
Can I use coconut flour?
Unfortunately, substituting coconut flour for almond flour would require a lot of recipe changes, so is not recommended.
Can I use a different sweetener?
Yes, you can swap out sweeteners. You’ll need:
- Granulated sweetener for the oreo cookies – Like granulated allulose, monk fruit, or erythritol. Keep in mind that allulose-based sweeteners will make softer cookies.
- Powdered sweetener for the frosting – Like powdered allulose, powdered monk fruit, or powdered erythritol. This consistency is important for a smooth texture.
If you use something other than what is listed on the recipe card, use the calculator in my keto sweetener guide to figure out how much to use.
Keto Oreo Cookies Storage Instructions
Can you make them ahead?
Yes, you can definitely make these gluten-free oreos ahead.
How to store low carb oreo cookies
Store these gluten-free oreos at room temperature for 1-2 days, or in the fridge for 5-7 days.
Can you freeze low carb oreos?
You can also freeze the cookies for 1-2 months. I recommend freezing them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet first, to avoid sticking or crushing. Once they are solid, transfer them to a freezer bag or storage container.
More Keto Cookie Recipes
If you like this keto oreo cookie recipe, you might also like some of these other keto dessert and cookie recipes:
- Keto Cookie Dough Bites – Prefer your cookies in dough form? I don’t blame you! These healthy and tasty bites take just 10 minutes to prep.
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies – Fudgy and chewy, these almond butter chocolate cookies have just 2.5 grams net carbs per cookie!
- Coconut Flour Keto Sugar Cookies – Perfect for any holiday and ready in 20 minutes.
- Keto Shortbread Cookies – Just 4 ingredients and 1 gram net carb, these cookies taste just like real shortbread.
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies – The best chocolate chip cookies – just 6 ingredients and 10 minutes to prep.
Tools To Make
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Mason Jars – Make sure to use the regular mouth jars, so the gluten-free oreos are the right size.
- Frosting Knife – This angled knife will help you frost your low carb oreos – and it works well for keto cakes, too!
- Cookie Jar – Show off your gluten-free oreos in a glass jar!
Keto Oreos Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Oreos Recipe
The BEST keto oreos recipe! These easy, gluten-free low carb oreo cookies look and taste like the real thing, with just 3.5g net carbs in each oversized cookie.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a medium bowl, use a hand mixer to cream butter and Besti, until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, cocoa powder, and sea salt with a whisk.
Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients into the same bowl, and beat with hand mixer, until uniform.
Shape the dough into a rectangle and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour, until firm.
Remove plastic wrap from dough and roll into a thin sheet between two pieces of parchment paper, about 1/4-inch thick.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Using a small mason jar, cut cookies and place 1-2 inches apart on the lined cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until firm. Cool completely.
In a medium sized bowl, beat the coconut oil and powdered Besti, until pebble-like. Add heavy cream one teaspoon at a time, until stiff frosting has formed.
Pipe filling onto the cooled cookies, or use a cake knife to spread 1-2 teaspoons per cookie. Top with another cookie to make a sandwich. Repeat with all cookies.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cookie sandwich
- These are large cookies, about 2.5 inches in diameter, so 1 cookie is a generous serving!
Video Showing How To Make Keto Oreos:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Oreos!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂