FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 200,000+ others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I came up with this keto corn dog muffins recipe sort of by accident. I was making keto cornbread, and my kids were begging for hot dogs while we were stuck at home… and I thought, what about low carb corn dogs? I didn’t have any sort of molds, but I did have mini muffin tins. And so, these mini corn dog muffins were born!
The first time I made these keto corn dogs, I didn’t even have my camera handy. But they were so good that I snapped a photo on my phone – it went crazy in our keto support group and I knew I had to post them on the blog ASAP.
They make a perfect snack, meal, or even appetizer… for the kids and for you! Serve them up with some keto-friendly ketchup and mustard.
How To Make Keto Corn Dogs
Here’s how to make these adorable keto corn dogs the easy way, using a mini muffin tin:
- Prep mini muffin pan. Line the muffin pan with 24 cupcake liners.
- Make the keto corn dog batter. In a medium bowl, make 1/3 the recipe of this keto cornbread batter. (You don’t have to calculate, just use the amounts on the recipe card below.) It will be thick.
- Assemble keto corn dog bites. Transfer the batter into the muffin pans. Cut hot dogs into 6 pieces and insert one piece into the center of each mini muffin.
- Bake. They are done when top is golden brown.
Are Corn Dogs Keto?
Most corn dogs are not keto, as they are made with a flour and corn coating.
This keto corn dog recipe, however, has just 4.6 grams of carbs in a generous serving of 4 mini corn dog muffins. That’s only 1.15g net carbs each!
How did we make low carb corn dogs? We swapped out the flour with Wholesome Yum almond flour!
And the corn? A little trick with sweet corn extract. You won’t believe how much corn flavor this imparts!
How To Store Low Carb Corn Dogs
Store this keto corn dog recipe in the fridge for 4-7 days. Reheat in a 350 degree F oven or in the microwave, until hot.
Can You Freeze Keto Corn Dog Muffins
Yes, these keto corn dog muffins can be frozen. Store the mini corn dog muffins in a freezer-safe container for 2-3 months.
Reheat the healthy corn dog muffins in a 350 degree F oven, until hot.
More Keto Fast Food Recipes
If you like these mini hot dog corn muffins, you’ll want this keto fast food guide and you might also like some of these other keto “fast food” recipes:
- Onion Rings – Eat them on their own or use them to top burgers, they are addicting!
- French Fries – You’ll never guess what these low carb fries are made from…but they’ll surprise you with their potato texture!
- Chili Cheese Fries – Oh yes, the ultimate fast food meal. Just as good, but way healthier!
- Keto Milkshake – Balance out the savory foods with this sweet and creamy milkshake.
- Big Mac Salad – Just like the burger, but in salad form. And it comes together in 20 minutes!
Tools To Make Low Carb Corn Dog Muffins:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Mini Muffin Pan – This pan can make the entire batch of low carb corn dog bites.
- Serving Baskets – Make this easy keto corn dog recipe even MORE fun by serving them in these baskets.
- Sweet Corn Extract – This is the key to the authentic cornbread flavor.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto Corn Dog Recipe (Mini Muffins)
Mini corn dog muffins are the best way to make a keto corn dog - just 8 ingredients, 20 minutes, and 1.1g net carbs each! Low carb corn dogs make a fun snack, meal, or appetizer.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get Keto Sweetener For This Recipe
Meet Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the keto sweetener that tastes, bakes, dissolves, and browns just like sugar, with NO aftertaste and 0 net carbs.GET BESTI
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C). Line a mini muffin pan with 24 cupcake liners.
Make the cornbread batter according to the directions here - but use the ingredient amounts above. (These keto corndog muffins use the same batter as this link, but we're essentially making 1/3 the amount - use the full amounts of the ingredients above.)
Transfer the batter evenly into the lined mini muffin pan, filling each cup about 2/3 full.
Cut each hot dog into 6 even pieces (totaling 24). Insert one cut hot dog piece into the center of each mini muffin.
Bake for 12-14 minutes until the top is golden brown.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 4 mini muffins
*Serving size is great for a meal. If you want these as a snack or appetizer, you can reduce the serving size if you like. These are only 1.1g net carbs each!
Video Showing How To Make Corn Dog Muffins:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Corn Dog Muffins!
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂