This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
One tricky thing to know about a low carb lifestyle is that not all fruit is keto… so where does pineapple stand on the spectrum? Is pineapple keto, even? Time to set the record straight… let’s dive into carbs in pineapple and how you can fit pineapple flavor into your low carb way of eating.
Is Pineapple Keto Friendly?
No, pineapple is not keto friendly on its own. However, there are ways to cut down on pineapple carb count and still enjoy its fruity flavor.
Is pineapple low carb? It could be, but it depends on your personal macros. While it’s not likely to fit into a low carb diet for everyone, some people may be able to squeeze it into their macros. Review the carbs in pineapple in different forms below, and decide for yourself.
How Many Carbs In Pineapple?
Does pineapple have carbs? Most definitely… but how many carbs does pineapple have? Unfortunately, a serving is enough to rack up almost an entire day’s worth of carbs on a keto diet.
Carbs in fresh pineapple clock in at 21.7 grams total carbs for a 1-slice serving (3/4 inches thick) [*].
Are net carbs in pineapple any lower? They are, but not by much: For the same 1-slice serving size, pineapple net carbs add up to 19.4 grams.
How many carbs in pineapple juice?
Can you have pineapple juice on keto? Not really… One cup of pineapple juice will cost you 32.2 grams total carbs and 31.7 grams net carbs [*].
How many carbs in pineapple chunks?
Can you have pineapple on keto cut into chunks? No matter how you slice it, it’s still not keto friendly.
So, how many carbs in a cup of pineapple chunks? A cup of chunks will cost you 21.6 grams total carbs and 19.3 grams net carbs [*].
How many carbs in crushed pineapple?
Are pineapples keto when crushed? Unfortunately, no: In 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple, you’ll get 18 grams total carbs and 17 grams net carbs [*].
Keto Pineapple Substitutes
Now that you know about high pineapple carbs, what’s the best way to get the same flavor you love and stick to your macros? Try these swaps:
- Other keto fruits – If you just need sweet flavor with fewer carbs, try substituting fruits with more keto-friendly macros.
- Small amounts of real pineapple – If you enjoy a very small amount, pineapple can fit in your macros if you use a keto pineapple recipe. See how with this piña colada cheesecake cupcakes recipe.
- Pineapple extract – It’s perfect for making a keto pineapple dessert without the actual fruit. Try it in keto carrot cake!
- Pineapple water enhancer – Looking for pineapple flavor in your drinks? These drink drops are on the dirty keto spectrum, but still have way fewer carbs.
- Keto friendly sweeteners – For recipes that simply need sweetness, use a keto friendly sweetener option.
Conclusion: Can You Eat Pineapple On Keto?
Carbs in pineapple are just too high to enjoy it regularly on a keto diet. Try pineapple keto recipes and substitutes to recreate this fruity flavor without the high carb count.
FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
Is Pineapple Keto?
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes: