This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This mango salad recipe is anything but boring! It’s loaded with lots of fresh veggies, plus a dose of juicy fruit for sweetness. If you never tried healthy salads with mango (or salads with quinoa like Mediterranean quinoa salad), this is a delicious way to do it.
What Is Mango Salad?
Although there are many ways to make this side dish, mango salad usually includes ingredients that highlight the sweetness in mango with fresh crunchy vegetables, leafy greens, fresh herbs, and a simple dressing. They can also include other additions, such as cooked grains or avocado. Like mango salsa, it’s the perfect easy dish for mango lovers!
Why You’ll Love This Mango Salad Recipe
- Fresh, fruity flavor
- A variety of crisp and tender textures
- Simple ingredients
- Done in 20 minutes
- Naturally gluten free, plus high in vitamin C and fiber
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for cucumber mango salad, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Quinoa – I used tricolor quinoa, but any variety will work.
- Mixed Greens – You can use the pre-made varieties from the grocery store, or any mix of baby spinach, arugula, lettuce, kale, or watercress.
- Cucumber – I like the flavor of English cucumber, but use any kind you prefer.
- Mangos – Avoid an overly green mango. We’re looking for ripe mangoes that still have a bit of firmness. Dice them into cubes.
- Cherry Tomatoes – Cut them in half or into quarters. You can also use grape tomatoes the same way, or seed and dice larger tomatoes instead.
- Pomegranate Arils – These are the edible seeds of the pomegranate. You can get them yourself from a fresh fruit, or get the arils already separated for convenience.
- Onion – The flavor of red onion tastes great in this salad with mango recipe, but any small onion will do. Slice it thinly for the best texture.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – Since the salad already has so many flavors, I didn’t use a separate mango salad dressing and simply used olive oil instead. Any neutral flavored oil you prefer on salads will work here. If you prefer a dressing with more flavor, see the Variations section below.
- Salt & Pepper
How To Make Mango Salad
This section shows how to make salad with mango, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Prep quinoa. Rinse quinoa under cold water. Transfer to a saucepan and add water. Bring to a boil, then simmer until water is fully absorbed. Remove from heat, cover for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Arrange. Place mixed greens into a large bowl. Add cucumber, mango, tomatoes, pomegranate, and onions.
- Finish. Add quinoa to the salad. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Try different fruits – No mango? Try fruits such as peach, cantaloupe, papaya, grapefruit, or orange.
- Add other veggies – Red bell peppers or avocado would make great additions.
- Swap the quinoa – Cooked black rice, bulgur, buckwheat, or even black beans would make good substitutes for quinoa in this recipe. You can also simply omit it.
- Make a more robust dressing – Add mustard, vinegar, honey (regular or a honey substitute), tahini, lime juice, fresh cilantro, red pepper flakes, or sugar-free maple syrup to the olive oil for a more flavorful mango salad dressing.
- Try some crunch – Sprinkle with roasted peanuts, sliced almonds, or sunflower seeds.
- Store: Keep leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Meal prep: Cook quinoa, cool completely, and refrigerate. Prepare all vegetables and fruit, storing separately. Assemble when ready to serve.
What To Serve With Mango Salad
Mango salad recipes pair perfectly with a simple protein! Try these ideas:
More Fresh Salad Recipes
If you like salads with fruit or tropical flair, you’ll enjoy these easy ideas!
Mango Salad Recipe
Mango Salad (Quick & Easy!)
This fruity fresh mango salad recipe is loaded with flavors and textures, including greens, fluffy quinoa, and juicy fruit — and it's ready fast!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and run cold water over it for about a minute.
Transfer quinoa to a small saucepan. Add 1/2 cup of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the quinoa absorbs all the water.
Remove from heat. Cover with a lid and rest for 5 minutes, then fluff the quinoa with a fork.
Meanwhile, arrange mixed greens on a large plate or in a large bowl.
Add the cucumber, mango, tomatoes, pomegranate, and onions.
When the quinoa is ready, add the quinoa to the salad.
Drizzle the mango salad with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂