This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You may have seen some keto ice cream bars at your grocery store, but once I show you how easy these low carb ice cream bars are to make at home, you won’t need to buy them.
We’re using Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend to sweeten these bars, because it leaves the texture soft and creamy, like regular ice cream. Like I mentioned in my keto chocolate ice cream post, this is the only sweetener I use for ice cream. Ice creams sweetened with other brands of monk fruit or with erythritol will get rock hard in the freezer. The sweetener is especially critical for the kind of ice cream you can scoop, but Besti makes the best consistency for this keto ice cream bar recipe as well.
THE EASY KETO FREEZER SYSTEM
Make 12 meals in 2 hours, plus recipes and freezer guides!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Ice Cream Bar Recipe
- Sweet, creamy vanilla ice cream inside
- Crunchy, chocolate coating on the outside
- Easy to make
- Just 2.5 grams net carbs each
Keto Ice Cream Bars Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for keto vanilla ice cream bars, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Unsweetened almond milk – Can use plain or vanilla, just make sure it’s the unsweetened variety. Try my unsweetened almond milk recipe if you want to make it yourself.
- Heavy cream – You could use full-fat coconut milk here for a dairy-free option, but it will give the bars a different flavor.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – This is the closest to sugar and is particularly critical for the right ice cream consistency. Plain allulose will also work, but you’ll need about 30% more of it.
- Vanilla extract – For vanilla ice cream inside! You can also add different flavor extracts, like hazelnut or fruity ones.
- Sugar-free dark chocolate chips – You can also use milk chocolate chips here, just make sure they are sugar-free.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil shouldn’t be substituted, as it helps melt the chocolate into a coating for the ice cream bars.
How To Make Low Carb Ice Cream Bars
This section shows how to make low carb keto friendly ice cream bars with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Mix ice cream base. In a medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, heavy cream, Besti monk fruit allulose, and vanilla extract.
- Pour. Add popsicle sticks to silicone molds and pour the ice cream base into each mold. Freeze for at least 8 hours.
TIP: Freeze until solid. The bars need to be frozen solid before you move on to the next step so they keep their shape.
- Make chocolate coating. In a medium bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave at 20 second intervals, or in a double boiler on the stove. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Dip bars in chocolate. Take ice cream bars out of freezer one at a time and dip into chocolate mixture.
TIP: Use a spoon. When coating the ice cream bars with chocolate, it may be helpful to use a spoon to coat the bars completely.
- Freeze. Put each bar back in the freezer immediately. I have several shown here, but for best results, put them back one at a time once they are dipped.
Keto Friendly Ice Cream Bar Variations
- White chocolate coating – Try swapping the dark chocolate chips with sugar-free white chocolate chips instead.
- Double chocolate – Add a few tablespoons of cocoa powder to the vanilla ice cream base for chocolate ice cream on the inside of the bars.
- Dairy free & vegan – Replace heavy cream with full-fat coconut milk.
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
If you love this keto ice cream bar recipe, you might like some of these other keto ice cream recipes:
- Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- Chocolate Protein Ice Cream
- Sugar-Free Almond Milk Ice Cream
- Best Keto Ice Cream
- Keto Mason Jar Ice Cream
Low Carb Keto Ice Cream Bars Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Low Carb Keto Ice Cream Bars Recipe
This EASY keto ice cream bars recipe comes out to just 2.5 net carbs each! Low carb ice cream bars are made with a vanilla ice cream base + dipped in chocolate.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, heavy cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
Pour the almond milk mixture into the molds and freeze for a minimum of 8 hours.
In a medium bowl, melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil together in 20 second intervals. Allow chocolate mixture to return to room temperature.
Take each ice cream bar out of the freezer one at a time and dip into the chocolate mixture. Use a spoon to help coat the bars if needed. Immediately put the coated bar back into the freezer once dipped. Repeat with all bars.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 ice cream bar
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂