This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
When you’re feeling snack-y but you don’t know quite what you want… Sweet? Salty? Crunchy? Fruity? Low carb keto trail mix to the rescue! It’s full of comforting flavors (hi, chocolate!), but also full of nutritious ingredients (hi, nuts!) that will keep you satisfied until your next meal. And it will last for months, making it the perfect DIY keto snack mix to have on hand or bring along on-the-go.
First thing you’ll need to do is get yourself some ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips. We’re using both white chocolate and dark chocolate chips in this keto diet trail mix, and it’s a delicious combo — without all the sugary candy you’d find in conventional mixes!
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM for 10% off, just for Wholesome Yum readers!)
Keto Trail Mix Ingredients
We’ve got a mix of sweet and salty ingredients in this healthy low carb trail mix recipe:
- ChocoZero Sugar-Free White Chocolate Chips – I happen to LOVE the sweetness in white chocolate chips and these are the best.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate Chips – All the rich, dark chocolate flavor you would expect, without the carbs.
- Nuts – I used a mix of macadamia nuts, almonds, and pecans. You can use raw or roasted.
- Seeds – I used pumpkin seeds, also known as pepitas, but sunflower seeds will work as well.
- Puffed cheese – You can use any variety, I did cheddar. If you don’t have any or can’t find it, you can make homemade puffed cheese as a substitute.
- Unsweetened coconut chips – Many coconut chips are sweetened, so make sure you look for ones that aren’t.
- Unsweetened dried blueberries – Make sure these are unsweetened, as most dried fruits are sweetened with sugar. If you can’t find dried blueberries without sugar added, homemade dried cranberries would also be an excellent alternative.
How To Make Keto Trail Mix
This DIY keto trail mix comes together in one simple step: simply mix all the ingredients together!
Keto Snack Mix FAQs
Can I eat trail mix on keto?
It depends. Most traditional trail mixes are made with dried fruit and chocolates – both of which have lots of sugar and definitely wouldn’t be keto.
This keto chocolate trail mix uses sugar-free chocolate and unsweetened blueberries, making it a great low carb option.
How many carbs in trail mix?
Traditional trail mix will have upwards of 18 grams of carbs per serving, depending on ingredients.
This keto snack mix has just 5 grams net carbs per serving. If you want to reduce carbs further, omit the unsweetened dried blueberries, which add carbs due to the natural sugar. (Be sure to avoid sweetened dried berries, which will have a lot of sugar.)
Can I replace some ingredient I can’t or don’t have?
Yes, this keto friendly trail mix recipe is totally customizable! You can use your favorite keto nuts, seeds, or dried low carb fruit. Just know that the nutrition stats will change depending on what you use.
Can I make it sweet?
This keto snack mix is already a mix of sweet and salty. But if you want the nuts to be sweet as well, toss the trail mix in 2 tablespoons of keto maple syrup, bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F, and allow to cool.
Store the homemade keto trail mix in an airtight container or glass jar for up to 6 months.
You can also transfer the trail mix into a freezer bag, push the air out, and freeze, so that the nuts last for longer.
More Easy Keto Snack Ideas
If you like this keto snack mix recipe, you might also like some of these other easy recipes!
- Keto Granola Bars – Make these ahead for the times when you need a quick snack on-the-go.
- Keto Energy Balls – Grain-free and no-bake, these are super easy and ready in just 15 minutes. 1.7 grams net carbs each!
- Keto Cookie Dough Bites – Craving cookies? Try these irresistible bites that taste like cookies but have just 1.5 grams net carbs each.
- Keto Popcorn – When you need something salty… give this keto popcorn a try, it’s made with a surprising ingredient!
Keto Trail Mix Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Trail Mix Recipe
This low carb keto trail mix has nuts, chocolate, and dried fruit - all with no added sugar and only 5g net carbs! Super easy to make in just 5 minutes.
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Stir all ingredients together.
Store in an airtight container or glass jar.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1/4 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂