This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
On keto, it’s tough to find out that common fruits like apples, bananas, and peaches don’t fit easily into this way of eating. But when it comes to mangoes… is mango keto? Let’s take a closer look at carbs in mango and how to capture the flavor of mango on keto.
Are Mangoes Keto Friendly?
Sorry, mangoes aren’t keto. Carbs in mango are much too high to easily fit into a keto diet.
Is mango low carb, though? It might be, but calculate your macros to know for sure.
Get Carb Counts & Track Macros With The Easy Keto App
Track this food and thousands of others (plus recipes!) in the app.
Is dried mango keto?
Can you eat dried mango on keto diet? Sorry, no! Dried mango carb count is also too high to fit in a keto way of eating.
How Many Carbs In A Mango?
Does mango have carbs? It sure does, but how many carbs does a mango have? One whole mango clocks in at 50.4 grams total carbs [*].
What about net carbs in mango? Since they contain fiber, net carbs in a mango add up to 45 grams.
How many carbs in frozen mango?
Is mango keto when it’s frozen? Not really: One cup of frozen mango contains 22.5 grams total carbs and 20.1 grams net carbs [*].
How many carbs in dried mango?
Dried mango is not keto mango, either: In a 100 gram serving (about 3.5 ounces), you’ll find a whopping 78.6 grams total carbs and 76.2 grams net carbs [*]… much of which comes from added sugar.
|Serving Size||Total Carbs||Net Carbs|
|Fresh mango, 1 fruit||50.4g||45g|
|Frozen mango, 1 cup||22.5g||20.1g|
|Dried mango, 100 grams||78.6g||76.2g|
Mango Keto Substitutes
Even though mangoes are not keto friendly, you can still get their flavor with these substitutes:
- Mango Extract – Add mango flavor to anything from desserts to drinks.
- Electrolytes In Mango Flavor – Make mango keto friendly and avoid keto flu!
- Mango Sauce – Made with real fruit, and perfect for chicken wings.
- Keto Mango Cake – A delicious keto mango dessert option.
- Mango Sparkling Water – The best way to make mangos keto! This sparkling water contains no carbs whatsoever.
- Water Enhancer – Just a few drops adds mango flavor to water — without the extra carbs.
- Mango Iced Tea – A cool and refreshing way to get real mango flavor.
- Mango Pork Rinds – Pork rinds are keto, and these combine sweet with heat!
Conclusion: Can You Eat Mango On Keto?
Carbs in mango are too high for keto — at least, carbs in fresh mango. Look for keto mango substitutes that capture the flavor of this fruit without the extra carbs.