Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
This post is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
Keto smores bars are the perfect trio of melty sugar-free chocolate, gooey keto marshmallows, and a golden crispy crust — no campfire required! These are one of my new favorite keto desserts to share at parties and picnics and everyone just loves them.
If you’re grilling up some juicy hamburgers outdoors or baking a low carb cheeseburger casserole indoors, this keto smores bar recipe feels like summer anytime… without the extra steps of making sugar-free graham crackers, homemade marshmallows, or sugar free chocolate bars.
I’ve been making homemade sugar-free marshmallows for years, but there’s one thing they were missing: the ability to brown without melting into a puddle! That’s why I was so excited when ChocZero made keto marshmallows. These brown and melt just like regular ones (with no sugar, sugar alcohols, soy, or GMOs) — perfect for low carb smores and keto baking!
So even though it’s too cold for outdoor smores where I live at the moment, I used the marshmallows to make these keto smores bars right away. (But yes, they work great for roasting over a campfire or making regular smores, too!)
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM for 10% off, just for my readers!)
Why You’ll Love This Keto Smores Bars Recipe
- Nutty, sweet, chocolaty flavor
- Crunchy, creamy, gooey texture
- Marshmallows that actually brown on top!
- Perfect make ahead dessert
- 3.3g net carbs per serving
- Sugar free and gluten free treat
- Freezer friendly
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for this keto s’mores recipe, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Wholesome Yum Almond Flour – This flour has a fine milled texture that perfectly mimics graham cracker crumbs.
- Besti Brown Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – My favorite sweetener to capture the classic molasses flavor of graham crackers. You could use a different sugar substitute (and check this sweetener conversion chart for correct amounts), but the flavor will not be the same.
- Cinnamon – Adds a fragrant, spicy note to the crust.
- Sea Salt – Elevates and balances the sweet flavor.
- Butter – Use an unsalted variety for best results. Coconut oil is fine to substitute if needed.
- Keto Honey – For creating a golden sweet flavor in the graham cracker crust. This one pours and tastes just like real honey!
- ChocZero Dark Chocolate Chips – Creates the best rich chocolate flavor in this keto smores recipe.
- ChocZero Sugar Free Marshmallows – If you want toasted marshmallows, these are the only sugar-free ones I know of that will actually brown! Cut in half crosswise.
How To Make Keto Smores Bars
This section shows how to make smores keto, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Make the crust. Line a baking pan (this one is the perfect size) with parchment paper. Mix almond flour, Besti brown, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Melt butter and keto honey in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Combine melted butter mixture with dry ingredients.
- Bake the crust. Add 2/3 of the crust mixture to the pan and press into place. Bake until edges are golden. Cool for about 5 minutes.
- Layer the chocolate and marshmallows. Sprinkle chocolate chips over the crust. Arrange halved marshmallows over the chocolate.
- Add topping. Crumble the remaining graham crust dough over the marshmallows.
- Bake. Remove keto smores from the oven when the marshmallows turn golden brown. (You can also place the pan under the broiler for a minute or two if you want them more browned.) Cool partially, then remove from the pan and serve warm.
TIP: For the best marshmallow texture, enjoy the bars while they are still warm.
They will be too soft to hold, but the marshmallow texture will be gooey. After they cool, they will be more sturdy, but the marshmallows harden a bit. You can reheat them in the microwave if needed, but keep in mind that the top will continue to brown.
- Store: Cool completely and store in a covered container no the counter for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Reheat: Warm keto smores in the microwave at 15 second intervals until the marshmallows are soft again.
- Freeze: Wrap single keto smores bars in plastic wrap, then store in a freezer-safe container for up to 4 months. Thaw at room temperature.
More Ways To Use Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
Besides these keto friendly smores bars, try these other keto chocolate desserts:
Keto Smores Bars
Keto Smores Bars (Easy, 3.3g Net Carbs!)
Keto smores bars have the rich chocolate, gooey marshmallow, and graham cracker flavor of classic smores, with 15 minutes prep and no sugar!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, Besti Brown, cinnamon, and sea salt.
Combine butter and keto honey in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave until the butter melts. Stir until mostly smooth.
Add the melted butter mixture to the dry ingredients, and mix until well combined.
Transfer all except 1/3 cup of the dough to the prepared pan and press it down with a spatula. (Reserve 1/3 cup for topping).
Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges are golden. Let the crust cool for 5 minutes.
Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the crust. Arrange the halved marshmallows over the chocolate, then crumble the remaining dough mixture over the marshmallows.
Bake for about 10 minutes, until the marshmallows are a little golden.
If you want darker marshmallows, place the pan under the broiler for about 1 minute, until browned to your liking. (Watch them closely so they don’t burn.)
Let the keto smores bars cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan, until they are no longer piping hot but still warm, then gently lift using the edges of the parchment paper and slice.
For the best marshmallow texture, enjoy the bars while they are still warm. They will be too soft to hold, but the marshmallow texture will be gooey. After they cool, they will be more sturdy, but the marshmallows harden a bit. You can reheat them in the microwave if needed, but keep in mind that the top will continue to brown.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
This helps other readers and also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site.
Serving size: 1 bar
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?Save This Recipe Now
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂