FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You know I love my keto pumpkin recipes, but I was missing one. And it was a big one… Keto Pumpkin Cookies!!! Coming up with low carb pumpkin cookies was just the natural next step for my pumpkin obsession, don’t you think? This healthy pumpkin cookies recipe is made with nutritious ingredients (like almond flour and real pumpkin puree!), are low in carbs (3 grams net carbs per cookie!), and gluten-free, which means just about anyone can eat them. And, everyone will love these soft pumpkin cookies.
The cinnamon and vanilla flavors in these cookies give them the classic pumpkin dessert flavor that we all know and love. Try these soft pumpkin cookies with a glass of almond milk or a keto butter coffee, both are excellent choices. 🙂
How To Make Low Carb Pumpkin Cookies
This soft pumpkin cookie recipe comes together in just 30 minutes, which makes them totally accessible all throughout the fall season. Here’s how we make it:
- Cream butter and sweetener using a hand mixer, until fluffy.
- Add in pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Finally, beat in the rest of the ingredients. Mix in almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and sea salt, until a uniform cookie dough forms.
TIP: These are soft pumpkin cookies. If you want them extra chewy, add 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional). I do recommend this for the best texture if you’re okay with using it!
- Scoop the healthy pumpkin cookies. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough and lightly pack the dough into it.
TIP: For medium-sized cookies, you want the dough flat in the cookie scoop, like this:
TIP: If dough is too sticky, chill it for 15 minutes. You can also use wet or oiled hands to press it down.
- Arrange on lined baking sheet. Release the cookies onto the baking sheet, 2 inches apart and lightly flatten cookies with your palm or the bottom of a glass.
TIP: They look like the picture below before you flatten them. Do NOT leave them like this, because they will not spread much. You need to flatten them to approximately the final thickness you want the cookies to be.
- Bake. Bake the sugar free low carb pumpkin cookies for 15-20 minutes, until golden brown, but still soft.
TIP: Cookies will be fragile and very soft when they are done, but will firm up as they cool.
- Make glaze for soft pumpkin cookies. Whisk together powdered sweetener, heavy cream, and vanilla extract.
TIP: Be sure your sweetener is powdered. Granulated sweetener will be grainy.
- Glaze cookies. When the cookies are done baking, spread a teaspoon of glaze on top of each cookie. Cool completely to firm up before removing them from the pan.
Are Pumpkin Cookies Healthy?
Yes, these low carb pumpkin cookies are healthy! Not only are they low in carbs (3 grams net carbs), they are also pretty low calorie (110 calories each).
And, they are made with nutritious ingredients. The keto pumpkin cookies almond flour base adds a dose of healthy fats and protein and of course, we use real pumpkin puree in this recipe. It gives it great pumpkin flavor, but also adds a healthy little dose of some vitamin A!
Can You Make Healthy Pumpkin Cookies Ahead?
Yes, and you should make these easy keto pumpkin cookies ahead! You want the cookies to cool off before you eat them. 🙂
I recommend letting this keto pumpkin cookie recipe set up on the pan by cooling completely. Then remove, and either eat, or store them in an airtight container.
Your soft pumpkin cookies will last for 5-7 days in the pantry, but you can also freeze them…
Can You Freeze Soft Pumpkin Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze iced pumpkin cookies. Once the cookies have cooled completely, place them in a single layer in a freezer bag.
Store the low carb sugar free pumpkin cookies in the freezer for 2-3 months.
More Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Recipes
If you like this easy soft pumpkin cookie recipe, you might also like these:
- Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake – Upgrade your pumpkin desserts with this cheesecake!
- Low Carb Healthy Pumpkin Bars – Everyone loves these classic flavors together, and they come together in less than 30 minutes.
- Keto Low Carb Pumpkin Pie – This pie is sugar-free, dairy-free, and gluten-free, but you’d never know it.
- Keto Low Carb Pumpkin Bread – This healthy quick bread is always a favorite. Top it with crunchy pepitas!
- Low Carb Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes – The best cupcake to make all fall long! These are like mini pumpkin pies.
Tools To Make Keto Pumpkin Cookies
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- 7-Speed Hand Mixer – This mixer comes with beaters and a whisk attachment. Easy to use, easy to store – no stand mixer needed!
- Glass Nesting Bowl Set – I absolutely love this bowl set. It’s got every size bowl you’ll ever need, they stack neatly together, and are pretty enough to serve food out of! What more do you need?
- Nonstick Baking Pan – These pans are incredible quality. Great for both baking and roasting just about anything.
Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Cookies Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Cookies Recipe
This chewy, soft keto pumpkin cookies recipe makes the perfect fall dessert! See how to make healthy low carb pumpkin cookies with simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large deep bowl, beat together the butter and sweetener, until fluffy.
Beat in the pumpkin puree, egg, and vanilla.
Beat in the almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and sea salt, until a uniform cookie dough forms.
Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop balls of dough and pack the dough into it. Release onto the lined baking sheet, 2 inches (5.08 cm) apart. Use your palm, or the bottom of a glass with a twisting motion, to flatten cookies to about 1/4 inch (.64 cm) thick.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden.
Meanwhile, make the glaze/frosting, if using. In a small bowl, whisk together the glaze ingredients, until smooth. If it's too thick, add more cream, a teaspoon at a time, until it's a spreadable consistency.
When the cookies are done, spread a teaspoon of glaze on top of each cookie (or simply sprinkle with powdered sweetener instead). Cool completely to firm up before moving from the pan.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 2-inch cookie
Video Showing How To Make Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Cookies:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Low Carb Keto Pumpkin Cookies!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂