FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Ancient Nutrition. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
When you’re looking for a berry protein smoothie recipe that’s thick, creamy, and fruity, add this collagen smoothie to your list! This keto protein smoothie is made with just 7 basic ingredients and is ready for slurping in a matter of minutes. Unlike most smoothies, it’s not filled with excess sugar and carbs. Instead, we’re using berries to flavor and sweeten (the best low carb fruit!).
Of course, for a protein smoothie you need protein powder! But picking out a protein powder for smoothies can be tricky. Between the weird ingredients and chalky flavor that some types have, it’s easy to understand why you might be a little apprehensive about it. Plus… do any of them really do what they say they’ll do?
All these reasons are why I want to tell you about Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein Powder. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body, most notable in our hair, skin, nails, and joints. What sets this collagen apart from others is that it’s made up of five different types of collagen, making its utility more comprehensive. Plus, this brand is routinely tested for quality, heavy metals, and more.
I tried this Multi Collagen Protein Pure daily for 30 days and was so pleased with what I experienced. My skin looks better, my joint discomfort is reduced, and it has been so easy to use. The collagen comes in capsules or powder, so I can pop a capsule when I’m in a rush or use the powder in recipes easily, like this keto protein smoothie.
Berry Protein Smoothie Ingredients
This berry protein smoothie is made with just 7 simple ingredients:
- Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein Powder – I’ve already mentioned this protein powder, but I love that it gives a collagen boost, without adding any flavor, carbs, or sugar.
- Fresh berries – I’ve used fresh strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, but you could also use frozen berries for an even thicker smoothie.
- Coconut milk – Use both cream and liquid. Be sure to get full-fat and not the light versions. Heavy cream also works well here.
- Sugar-free simple syrup – This brings out the sweet flavor of the berries without sugar or carbs.
- Lemon juice – Use fresh or bottled here. The smoothie doesn’t taste lemony, this just brings out the berry flavors.
How To Make A Protein Smoothie
You may not need detailed instructions for how to make homemade protein smoothies, but in case you do…
Simply blend! Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Adjust sweetener to taste as needed.
Protein Smoothie Variations
- Swap out the fruit. We’re using berries here for a low carb protein smoothie, but if that’s less important, feel free to swap some or all of them for a different keto fruit. You’ll need 6 cups no matter what type you choose.
- Swap out the milk. We’re using canned coconut milk to make the smoothie nice and thick, but you could also use heavy cream, almond milk, or even hemp milk.
- Add nut butter. This is great for an extra thick smoothie and a bit more protein, too. Try almond butter, peanut butter, or for a nut-free option, sunflower seed butter.
- Add seeds. Chia seeds or flax seeds add omega 3s and can thicken the smoothie more, or you can sprinkle them on top.
- Add yogurt. A great way to add probiotics and even more protein, plus it ups the tart flavor. I like to make my own sugar-free yogurt.
- Add chocolate. If you want a chocolate protein smoothie, add a few tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, to taste.
- Add avocado. It’s a great boost of healthy fats, and you won’t even taste it in a smoothie. Plus, it thickens as well.
Collagen Smoothie FAQs
Is a protein smoothie healthy for breakfast?
Many smoothies are loaded with sugar and unnecessary ingredients, so be sure to check the ingredients before you sip.
This keto protein powder smoothie is loaded with antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats. It makes a great breakfast or snack that’s light and filling and made with healthy ingredients.
How can I add protein to my smoothie?
A great way to add protein to your smoothie is to add Multi Collagen in smoothies! It blends into smoothies easily, and can be used in any smoothie because it doesn’t add any flavor.
Can I use a different sweetener, or skip it?
I like using a keto simple syrup so that it blends easily into the smoothie, but you could also use a powdered sweetener like powdered monk fruit allulose blend. You may need to increase the liquid in the recipe to compensate if you do this. Check my keto sweetener guide for other alternatives.
The smoothie is not sweet enough for most people without any sweetener added, but you can certainly try it (and add some in later if you change your mind!).
Can I add more protein?
Yes, each scoop of the collagen protein powder has 9 grams of protein, so you can add more if you wish (but always refer to the label for serving size suggestions). With my protein smoothie recipe below, we’re using 9 scoops for 6 servings, which comes out to about 1.5 scoops per serving.
Protein Smoothie Recipe Storage Instructions
Store smoothies in the refrigerator. Give them a blend or shake before serving.
Can you freeze smoothies?
Yes, you can freeze smoothies. Store them in a single serving jar, leaving some space at the top to leave room for the smoothie to expand as it freezes.
Thaw overnight in the refrigerator, and shake or blend before serving.
More Keto Smoothie Recipes
If you like protein smoothie recipes like this one, you might also like some of these other keto smoothies:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie – Just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to make this irresistible smoothie that tastes like a treat.
- Green Smoothie Bowl – This green smoothie is actually delicious! Quick, easy, and the best low carb green smoothie.
- Strawberry Avocado Smoothie – You’ll love this simple smoothie that needs just 4 ingredients. It’s rich, creamy, and fruity.
- Double Berry Smoothie – If you love berries, try this version in my Easy Keto Cookbook.
Keto Berry Protein Smoothie Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Berry Protein Smoothie Recipe
An EASY berry protein smoothie recipe made with just 7 simple ingredients and no added sugar. Try this collagen smoothie for a healthy breakfast or snack!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Puree all ingredients in a blender, until smooth. Adjust sweetener to taste as needed.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂