This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Since these sugar-free keto peanut butter cookies are based on regular flourless peanut butter cookies, and they are virtually indistinguishable from a regular version. Unlike other keto cookies (like keto cream cheese cookies or keto chocolate chip cookies), which have to be reworked to use a low carb flour, these low carb peanut butter cookies have no flour at all. We’re just swapping the sweetener!
The key to chewy keto peanut butter cookies? Besti sweetener! This blend of monk fruit and allulose makes them perfectly sweet like sugar, with no aftertaste, and the allulose makes them soft and chewy. I used to make these with erythritol a long time ago and they always got that cooling effect, plus they were more prone to hardening. They are so much better with Besti, give it a try and see for yourself!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- Sweet, rich peanut butter flavor
- Chewy and crunchy
- Just 3 basic ingredients (with a few optional ones)
- No mixing bowl needed – just process and scoop
- Done in under 30 minutes
- Only 102 calories and 1.8g net carbs each
- Naturally gluten-free keto dessert
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for low carb peanut butter cookies, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
Basic 3-Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies:
- Peanut Butter – Look for natural peanut butter that is thick and creamy (just like the sugary kinds), but without sugar. I recommend this brand or this brand, because they have the perfect consistency and aren’t too oily. Avoid the kind with the oil on the top that you have to stir before using, as the cookies will be flat. You can also substitute almond butter, cashew butter, or other nut butters derived from keto nuts, though the texture may change, especially if what you use is more runny.
- Eggs – Use large eggs. I haven’t tested this keto peanut butter cookie recipe using flax eggs as an egg substitute, but let me know how it goes if you try it.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – This is the best sugar substitute for sugar-free peanut butter cookies, because it helps make them soft and chewy, with no aftertaste or cooling effect. You can also use plain allulose for a similar result. I don’t recommend using erythritol or other brands of monk fruit (which typically contain erythritol), because it creates a noticeable cooling effect and also hardens the cookies too much. Same goes for anything super concentrated (like pure stevia powder), because it will change the structure of the finished cookie. For exact conversions, use my sweeteners conversion calculator.
- Vanilla Extract – Adds more flavor to the cookies.
- Sea Salt – Not necessary if you are using a salted peanut butter or salted peanuts, but I like to still add 1/4 teaspoon to balance the sweetness.
- Chopped Peanuts – I like to add these for a little crunch, but you can omit if you prefer a smoother texture. Use peeled peanuts that are salted or unsalted.
The basic, classic recipe for 3-ingredient keto peanut butter cookies requires just peanut butter, eggs, and sweetener. The extras are optional, but definitely enhance the end result.
VARIATION: Add chocolate chips!
Peanut butter and chocolate are a perfect pair! Stir in a handful or two of sugar-free chocolate chips once the dough is mixed, or sprinkle them on the top to make a melted chocolaty topping.
How To Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
This section shows how to make sugar-free peanut butter cookies, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients. Process peanut butter, eggs, Besti, vanilla, and salt in a food processor.
- Pulse in peanuts. Add (optional) chopped peanuts and pulse intermittently, until they are mixed in but still in pieces. Scrape down the sides every few pulses.
- Scoop. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop cookies onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Flatten. Use the back of a fork to flatten cookies in a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake. Place the low carb peanut butter cookies in the oven until golden. Let them cool completely on the pan, or you can transfer to a cooling rack after 10-15 minutes.
Tips For The Best Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
These tips will help you get chewy and crunchy peanut butter cookies every time!
- Don’t over-process the peanuts. You want to only pulse after adding the peanuts, don’t run the food processor continuously, to maintain the crunch. I use this same technique for keto energy balls.
- Press dough into the scoop. This helps cookies release more cleanly onto the pan and this way they won’t fall apart.
- Flatten with a fork. These cookies won’t spread on their own, so you need to flatten them before baking. The fork marks not only look pretty, but also help the dense ingredients bake more evenly. Wipe the fork with a wet paper towel between cookies for a clean criss-cross pattern.
- Cool completely. Let the cookies cool completely before handling, otherwise they may fall apart.
- Store: Flourless peanut butter cookies will last about 3-5 days at room temperature. You can also keep cookies in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freeze: You can freeze sugar-free keto peanut butter cookies in a freezer safe container for 2-3 months.
More Sugar-Free Keto Cookie Recipes
If you like this low carb peanut butter cookie recipe, you might also like some of these other recipes for sugar-free cookies!
Sugar Free Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Sugar-Free Keto Peanut Butter Cookies (3 Ingredients!)
Sugar-free keto peanut butter cookies are chewy and sweet! Make low carb peanut butter cookies with just nut butter, egg, and sweetener.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
3-Ingredient Keto Peanut Butter Cookies:
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Place the peanut butter, egg, Besti, vanilla (if using), and salt (if using) in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
Pulse in the peanut pieces, if using, until just combined. (Don't overmix – you want some pieces left for crunch.)
Use a medium cookie scoop to place balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Press the cookie dough into the scoop tightly before releasing onto the sheet. Flatten using a fork in a criss-cross pattern. Between cookies, dip the fork in a cup with cold water and then wipe with a paper towel. (This will prevent sticking.)
Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until very lightly golden. Cool completely before handling. Cookies will become crisp as they cool.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 2-inch cookie
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂