FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 200,000+ others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This easy zucchini stir fry recipe needs just a few common ingredients, 20 minutes of prep time, and you’ve got dinner on the table. My ground beef zucchini recipe super simple to throw together on a busy weeknight and makes for a quick all-in-one meal – the best type, don’t you think?! Salty, smooth pesto, flavorful ground beef and zucchini, along with a topping of creamy goat cheese come together in a delicious way.
This ground beef zucchini recipe was originally published on January 1, 2016, and the post was republished in August 2020 to add useful tips.
How To Make Ground Beef And Zucchini Stir Fry
This ground beef zucchini recipe takes just 5 minutes to prep and is ready to eat in 20 minutes:
- Cook garlic. In a large skillet, cook minced garlic for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Cook ground beef. Add ground beef too pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Increase heat to medium high and cook until browned.
- Cook zucchini. Add zucchini to pan and cook until zucchini is starting to soften and golden.
TIP: Don’t overcook the zucchini or it will end up mushy!
- Finish ground beef and zucchini. Remove from heat and stir in basil pesto. Toss with goat cheese and fresh parsley.
Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe FAQs
Can I use a different ground meat?
Absolutely! You could use ground turkey, ground pork, or even ground chicken in this zucchini squash stir fry.
Can I make this dairy-free?
Yes, you can easily make this ground beef zucchini recipe dairy-free. Simply omit the goat cheese and use a dairy-free pesto.
Should I use store-bought pesto or homemade pesto?
Either one will work! I love it with my simple 2-minute homemade basil pesto, but pre-made varieties will work just fine.
If you want to keep this low carb and are using a store-bought pesto, check the ingredients for hidden starches.
Stir Fried Ground Beef Zucchini Recipe Storage Instructions
Can you make it ahead?
Ground beef and zucchini takes just 15 minutes to make, so I recommend making it fresh, but it will also taste great re-heated.
If you’d like to prep a few things ahead, you could brown the beef and cut the zucchini into half moons. Homemade basil pesto sauce can be made ahead as well.
How to store zucchini beef stir fry
Store ground beef zucchini in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze ground beef and zucchini?
You can freeze zucchini and beef recipes, but zucchini will change texture a bit when frozen, so I don’t recommend it unless you really have to. If you do, leave off the goat cheese until right before serving.
How to reheat beef and zucchini
Reheat the zucchini stir fry in the microwave or a skillet on the stove, until hot.
More Easy Stir Fry Recipes
- Keto Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – Like Chinese takeout, but without the carbs.
- Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry – An easy one-pan meal that comes together FAST.
- Spicy Beef Stir Fry – To make this one low carb, replace the sugar with powdered monk fruit sweetener. I also prefer coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, but that’s up to you!
- Keto Chicken Stir Fry – A delicious Asian stir fry dinner, and easy to customize depending on what you have!
- Keto Egg Roll In A Bowl – This quick meal is ready in just 15 minutes.
Tools To Make Zucchini Beef Stir Fry:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Skillet – Only a couple of tools are needed to make this easy beef stir fry with zucchini, since the entire recipe is made in a skillet. This set is non-stick and are some of my go-to pieces in my kitchen.
- Meat Chopper – This tool (less than $10!) makes browning ground meat for ground beef and zucchini recipes incredibly easy! Love it.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Ground Beef Zucchini Stir Fry Recipe With Pesto
This easy zucchini stir fry recipe with beef and pesto is ready in 20 minutes, using simple ingredients. A flavorful, naturally low carb way to enjoy ground beef and zucchini!
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook minced garlic for about one minute, until fragrant.
Add ground beef. Sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Increase heat to medium high. Cook for 7-10 minutes, breaking part with a spoon or spatula, until browned.
Add zucchini. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, until zucchini is starting to soften (but not soggy) and golden.
- Remove from heat. Stir in basil pesto. Toss with goat cheese and fresh parsley.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1/6 of entire pan
Video Showing How To Make Zucchini Stir Fry:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Zucchini Stir Fry!
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂