FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Keto stir fry recipes are one of my favorite low carb dinners – they come together quickly, they need just one pan, and I can easily use whatever I have on hand. Triple-win. This simple low carb keto chicken stir fry recipe with cauliflower rice is no exception. It came together with random ingredients I had in my fridge, freezer, and pantry – and they are common enough that chances are, you have most of them, too.
Keto stir fry chicken and vegetables is the kind of meal that makes you wonder how such simple ingredients can turn into something so delicious! Not only is it low carb, it also happens to be paleo and whole30 approved. And since it uses such a natural rice replacement, hopefully this low carb cauliflower rice stir fry will make you feel like you’re eating an authentic Asian meal, without missing the carbs.
How To Make Keto Chicken Stir Fry With Cauliflower Rice
This keto chicken and broccoli stir fry comes together in just 15 minutes:
- Cook chicken. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until chicken is golden, but not quite (or just barely) cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Don’t move the chicken around too much. Keeping it one place gives it a nice sear. Leave it in place until browned, then flip and repeat. And, letting it just barely or not quite cook means that it will finish cooking when you add it back to the pan later and avoid drying it out.
- Saute veggies. Add more olive oil to pan and fry garlic until fragrant. Add broccoli and bell peppers. Stir fry until broccoli is bright green and peppers start to soften.
- Finish veggies. Add bone broth to the pan and scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze (this is the beginning of your sauce). Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until broccoli is soft or done to your liking.
- Finish stir fry sauce. Add coconut aminos, scraping again to deglaze. (Check my tips below on seasoning ideas if you like.)
TIP: If you like a sweet sauce, whisk 1-2 tbsp Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend with the coconut aminos before adding it to the pan.
- Assemble keto stir fry chicken. Return chicken to the pan and add cauliflower rice. Increase heat to medium-high and stir fry until cauliflower is soft, but not mushy, and cooked through.
- Serve stir fry. Remove from heat, stir in toasted sesame oil and season with salt and pepper to taste if needed. Top with green onions.
Low Carb Chicken Stir Fry FAQs
Can I use other veggies?
Yes, feel free to add any other veggies you have on hand along with the broccoli and peppers, such as sugar snap peas (more low carb than keto), sliced onions, or zucchini.
Check the keto food list for a full listing of keto friendly veggies to add to your cauliflower rice stir fry.
Can I use frozen veggies?
Yes, you can use frozen broccoli and bell peppers if you like. They will be softer, but still delicious.
Can I use regular chicken broth?
I used chicken bone broth to simmer the broccoli and deglaze the pan for extra flavor. If you don’t have any, you can buy it here to achieve the same maximum flavor.
But regular chicken broth is okay too (though less flavorful), and water would work in a pinch (you may need to add more salt in this case).
Can I add seasonings for chicken stir fry?
Absolutely! I kept this keto stir fry recipe simple with basic ingredients, but you can definitely add herbs and spices.
Complimentary additions could include ground ginger, chili powder, crushed red pepper flakes, or even fish sauce.
Keto Stir Fry Chicken And Vegetables Storage Instructions
Can you make keto chicken and vegetable stir fry ahead?
Because stir fry comes together so quickly, I recommend making it fresh. You can, however, prep a few things to make the low carb chicken stir fry with vegetables come together even quicker!
Cut the broccoli into florets, slice the red pepper and make the cauliflower rice if you’re making it yourself. These three prep items will help pull the meal together.
How to store keto stir fry chicken
Store this keto low carb chicken stir fry in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Can you freeze chicken stir fry with riced cauliflower?
Yes, you can freeze this cauliflower rice stir fry with chicken for 2-3 months if you really want to. But, it’s best fresh so that the veggies don’t get mushy!
How to reheat low carb stir fry
Reheat the keto chicken stir fry recipe in the microwave or in a skillet, until hot. The microwave will work in a pinch, but has a risk of drying out the chicken.
More Low Carb Keto Stir Fry Recipes
If you like this keto chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice, you might also like these other low carb stovetop stir fry recipes:
- Paleo Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry – Classic flavors without the sugary-sweet sauce! Tastes better than takeout!
- Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry – This easy meal takes just 15 minutes! It’s loaded with veggies, too.
- Zucchini Stir Fry with Beef & Pesto – We’re switching up the flavors here from Asian to bright pesto, you’re going to love it!
- Cauliflower Fried Rice – Want your family to eat more veggies? This is the recipe to make it happen!
- Gluten-Free Chicken Stir Fry – Different sauce, different veggies! Be sure to use a keto friendly thickener and keto sweetener for the sauce.
- Sauteed Broccoli – The broccoli saute method in this chicken stir fry actually comes from my sauteed broccoli recipe, which makes a great side for just about any meal.
Tools To Make Chicken Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Wok – Sick of losing veggies over the side of the pan when you make keto stir fry chicken and vegetables? Get a wok, they are made for stir fries. Choose a heavy one like this one, so that it holds heat well – a must for stir fry.
- Stir Fry Spatula – This is another helpful tool when you’re making keto stir fry chicken and vegetables.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Stir Fry Recipe With Cauliflower Rice:
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Low Carb Keto Chicken Stir Fry With Cauliflower Rice
Low carb keto chicken stir fry with cauliflower rice makes a delicious 15-minute dinner with Asian flavors! It's easy to customize keto stir fry chicken and vegetables with what you have on hand.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Heat 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil in a large skillet or wok, over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, flipping once, until chicken is golden and just barely cooked through.
Remove chicken from the pan, set aside, and cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil to the pan. Add the minced garlic and saute for about a minute, until fragrant.
Add the broccoli and bell peppers. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until the broccoli starts to turn bright green and peppers start to soften.
Add bone broth. Scrape the bottom of the pan to deglaze. Reduce heat to medium. Cover with a lid and cook for 3-5 minutes, until broccoli is crisp-tender.
Add coconut aminos to the pan, scraping the bottom to deglaze again. Return the chicken to the pan. Add the cauliflower rice. Increase heat to medium-high again. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft but not mushy, any liquid evaporates, and chicken is completely cooked through.
Remove from heat. Stir in toasted sesame oil. Adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed. Top with green onions, if desired.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 1 1/2 cups
Video Showing How To Make Keto Chicken Stir Fry:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Chicken Stir Fry!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂