This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Head to the garden and gather your zucchini for this delicious, low carb zucchini fritters recipe! Easy zucchini fritters are ready in less than 15 minutes, and take just 6 ingredients. Follow my tips for perfect Italian zucchini fritters every time.
And did I mention they are healthy? My zucchini fritters keto are low carb, gluten-free, and full of veggies.
I’m all about easy zucchini recipes this time of year, and these keto zucchini fritters are such a fun way to enjoy my favorite squash ever. They freeze well too, so if your garden is exploding with fresh zucchini, make these gluten free zucchini fritters and freeze them to enjoy later.
The best zucchini fritters are crispy and golden brown on the outside, soft and creamy on the inside, and perfect with a dollop of sour cream. When are you going to make them?
What Are Zucchini Fritters vs Zucchini Pancakes?
I have another recipe for buttermilk zucchini pancakes here. So, what’s the difference?
They are very similar, but zucchini fritters are a bit more dense, while zucchini pancakes are lighter and fluffier. And, pancakes use flour (almond flour for my low carb ones!), while fritters use no flour at all.
How To Make Zucchini Fritters
This low carb zucchini fritters recipe is so easy to make!
- Drain the zucchini. This is an important step that you don’t want to skip! Once you have your shredded zucchini in a colander, sprinkle with salt and let it sit over the sink for 10 minutes. The salt helps to draw excess water out of the zucchini so that your keto zucchini fritters and nice and crispy!
- Wring out zucchini. Part two of removing water from the zucchini is to then wrap the zucchini in a kitchen towel and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Mix zucchini fritter batter. Place the zucchini in a large bowl, and add the grated parmesan cheese, eggs, Italian seasoning, and garlic. Mix together.
- Shape the zucchini fritters. Scoop out a tablespoon of the fritter batter and flatten it into a disc shape with your fingers.
- Fry up the low carb zucchini fritters. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add some oil to the pan and then fry the keto fritters for about 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Serve! I like to top mine with a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle of parsley.
Why Are My Fritters Soggy?
If your fried zucchini fritters are soggy, it’s probably because you didn’t remove enough water from the zucchini.
Zucchini have a ton of water, and if you don’t remove enough, the middle of the fritters will seem soggy.
Steps one and two in my recipe are especially important. Letting the shredded zucchini sit with salt helps draw water out, and then squeezing the shredded zucchini with a towel ensures that you get rid of as much water as you can.
Are Zucchini Fritters Healthy?
Yes! Zucchini fritters are healthy. These low carb zucchini fritters are keto-friendly, gluten-free, and packed with vegetables.
How Many Calories In Zucchini Fritters?
In this zucchini fritters recipe, 4 fritters have 127 calories. You’ll find all of the nutrition stats below in the recipe card.
Can You Make Low Carb Zucchini Fritters Ahead?
You can make these Italian zucchini fritters ahead of time. Because they are fried, I do think they are best freshly fried and served hot out of the fry pan…
…but, if you need to make them ahead, you can simply reheat them when you’re ready to eat in a hot skillet (preferred) or 375 degrees F oven on a baking sheet.
Can You Freeze Zucchini Fritters?
Yes! You can freeze these keto zucchini fritters.
The best way to freeze the fritters is to freeze them on a sheet pan in a single layer. Once they are frozen solid, you can transfer them to a zip lock bag.
When you’re ready to eat, bake them at 375 degrees F, until they are hot all the way through.
More Keto Low Carb Zucchini Recipes
It’s no secret that I love (and I mean LOVE) zucchini! It’s versatile whether you’re after something sweet, savory, and anything in between.
You’ll find all my easy keto low carb zucchini recipes here, but here are a few of my favorites:
- Keto Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini Boats – This easy stuffed zucchini recipe is healthy, delicious, and takes just 10 minutes to prep. So full of flavor!
- The Best Zucchini Pizza Crust – Zucchini x pizza = one of my favorite ways to enjoy pizza during zucchini season! And you can even pick it up!
- Keto Zucchini Spaghetti & Meatballs – When you’re looking for all the comfort of spaghetti & meatballs, without the carbs.
- Chocolate Chip Low Carb Zucchini Muffins – These deliciously sweet zucchini muffins are low carb and paleo!
Tools To Make Easy Italian Zucchini Fritters:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- 14-Cup Food Processor – Quick zucchini fritters are even quicker when you shred the zucchini with the food processor.
- Medium Cookie Scoop – Using a cookie scoop will help get the correct amount of Italian zucchini fritters batter each time!
- Ceramic Nonstick Chef Pan – I like how evenly these heat up. Perfect for frying zucchini fritters!
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Easy Italian Keto Low Carb Zucchini Fritters Recipe
Just 6 ingredients to make this low carb zucchini fritters recipe! These easy Italian zucchini fritters are keto friendly AND family friendly.
RECIPE VIDEOClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Place the zucchini and salt into a large collander and mix together. Drain over the sink for 10 minutes.
Wrap the zucchini in a kitchen towel. Squeeze and twist over the sink to drain as much water as possible.
Place the zucchini into a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir together.
Heat a generous amount of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, for about 2 minutes. Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls (28 grams) of the batter onto the skillet and flatten to about 1/4 to 1/3 inch thick. Fry for about 2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
Serve with sour cream and parsley.
Serving size: 4 fritters
Video Showing How To Make Zucchini Fritters:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Zucchini Fritters!
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!