FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Is Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole?
- How To Make Keto Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- Is Buffalo Chicken Casserole Keto?
- Can You Make Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole Ahead?
- Can You Freeze Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipes?
- More Spaghetti Squash Recipes
- Tools To Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe
Looking for a filling and healthy dinner? Keto spaghetti squash casserole recipes to the rescue! This buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole is a chicken dinner winner for a few reasons. It’s delicious. It’s satisfying. It’s packed with nutritious ingredients. And perhaps most importantly, it’s BUFFALO CHICKEN!
Not to mention that this cheesy spaghetti squash casserole takes just 15 minutes to prep. The whole family is sure to love this keto buffalo chicken casserole recipe, and don’t worry, you can make it as spicy or as mild as you like!
What Is Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole?
This low carb buffalo chicken casserole takes all of the buffalo chicken flavors you love (spicy buffalo and creamy blue cheese dressing) and combines them in a filling, healthy casserole made with spaghetti squash.
Imagine a pasta casserole, with spaghetti squash instead to keep it low carb and sneak in a veggie. It’s a meal in a dish and incredibly satisfying.
How To Make Keto Spaghetti Squash Casserole
This keto baked spaghetti squash casserole is incredibly easy to pull together.
I’ll show you how to make buffalo chicken casserole with spaghetti squash. Come make it with me, so you can see for yourself how easy it is:
- Bake spaghetti squash. When it’s nice and soft, set it aside to cool until you’re able to handle it.
- Make the keto buffalo chicken casserole sauce. In a large bowl, stir together blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, and cream cheese. Stir in shredded chicken.
TIP: If you want your cheesy spaghetti squash casserole to have more kick, add 2 additional tablespoons of buffalo sauce to the chicken mixture.
- Prep spaghetti squash. Cut spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out seeds. Use a fork to release the strands.
- Assemble the casserole. Stir the spaghetti squash into the chicken mixture, then transfer it to a baking dish.
- Top with cheese. A must, right?! 😉
- Bake buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole. Since everything is already cooked, this is pretty quick – just to heat it and melt the cheese.
- Garnish. Drizzle with additional blue cheese and sprinkle with green onions.
TIP: If you want more spice after it’s already done, drizzle more buffalo sauce on top.
Is Buffalo Chicken Casserole Keto?
This one is! It’s 12 grams net carbs for a generous 1 1/3 cup serving, which is reasonable for being a full dinner.
If you need to restrict carbs further, you can reduce the serving size to 1 cup by dividing it into 8 servings instead of 6. This would reduce net carbs per serving to 9 grams.
Top with extra blue cheese dressing, or even some diced avocado, to add more calories without additional carbs.
Can You Make Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole Ahead?
Yes, it’s the beauty of spaghetti squash casserole recipes! You have a few options to prep this make ahead spaghetti squash casserole.
- Prep Only – Bake spaghetti squash and remove strands, make blue cheese dressing, and cook and shred chicken. Then you can assemble and bake right before serving.
- Ready-To-Bake – If you want this keto buffalo chicken casserole with spaghetti squash ready for the oven, assemble everything in a casserole dish, top with foil, and refrigerate until you’re ready to bake.
Can You Freeze Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipes?
Yes, you can freeze this baked spaghetti squash casserole. Let it cool completely, top with foil and freeze for 2-3 months.
You can bake right from frozen for 30-40 minutes, or thaw first and bake for 15-20 minutes, until hot and bubbly.
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes
I’ve got a ton of keto recipes using spaghetti squash because they make a wholesome, keto noodle replacement that’s both uber-healthy and satisfying. Here are a few favorites to try:
- Low Carb Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Lasagna Boats – These boats are extra-filling and will satisfy any lasagna or Italian dinner craving you might have.
- Healthy Chicken Alfredo – Oh yes, we’ve turned a notoriously heavy dish and lightened it up with our spaghetti squash swap.
- Keto Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai – Think pad thai is off limits? Think again with this flavorful Asian dish, it’s a bright way to enjoy this classic.
- Spaghetti Squash Carbonara – Creamy, salty, and totally drool-worthy, my carbonara is another great example of a cheesy spaghetti squash casserole.
Tools To Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Casserole
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Ceramic Baking Dish – Healthy spaghetti squash bakes may not be fancy, but served in this baking dish, they’ll look great on any table.
- Baking Sheets – First step of any spaghetti squash casserole recipes is to bake the squash. This pan makes it easy and cleans up in a flash.
- Glass Storage Container – Store any leftover cheesy spaghetti squash casserole in these glass dishes and take to work for lunch, spaghetti squash casserole recipes make great leftovers.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole Recipe
You need just 6 simple ingredients for keto buffalo chicken spaghetti squash casserole. Make this cheesy spaghetti squash casserole recipe for a healthy, comforting meal tonight!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Use a knife to poke a few holes all over the spaghetti squash. Place onto a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, until a knife goes in with very little resistance. Remove from the oven (leave it on) and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the blue cheese dressing, buffalo sauce, and cream cheese. Stir in the shredded chicken.
Cut the spaghetti squash in half and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds. Use a fork to release the strands into the bowl with the chicken mixture. Stir together.
Transfer the casserole mixture to a large casserole dish (12x8” oval dish, 2.4 qt.). Top with shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese melts.
If desired, drizzle the top with additional blue cheese dressing and sprinkle with green onions.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 1/3 cup or 1/6 of recipe
Video Showing How To Make Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂