Free Printable: Low Carb & Keto Food ListGet It Now
Looking to change up your keto Caesar salad? Try this Cajun shrimp Caesar salad recipe! With my signature cajun seasoning mix and easy caesar salad dressing, it takes just 15 minutes to prep and has SO much flavor! And yet, it’s low carb, keto friendly, made with plenty of veggies, and can easily be made paleo or whole30 by omitting the Parmesan cheese. It has all the zesty flavor and satisfaction of mains like shrimp fajitas, but in salad form! Try out this keto spicy shrimp salad next time you’re looking for a light, but filling meal without the carbs.
How To Make Shrimp Caesar Salad
If you’ve been dreaming about an easy meal idea that’s also healthy, this shrimp Caesar salad recipe should be a contender. You won’t believe how simple it is to make.
- Make Caesar dressing. This homemade Caesar dressing is classic and full of flavor. It’s simple, too. (But hey, if you want to use store bought dressing, I’m not going to stop you. ;))
- Prep Cajun shrimp. Toss the shrimp with Cajun seasoning to coat.
- Cook Cajun shrimp. Heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through.
- Assemble keto shrimp salad. In a large bowl, toss chopped romaine with dressing, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese. Divide onto plates or bowls, and top with shrimp.
Shrimp Caesar Salad Topping Ideas
Since this meal literally takes just minutes to throw together, it’s one of our favorites. I tend to mix it up a bit with the toppings, though. Here are some other topping ideas for this shrimp keto salad:
- Sliced red onion
- Diced avocado
- Parmesan crisps
- Kalamata olives
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
Cajun Shrimp Salad Recipe FAQs
Is this a keto friendly shrimp salad?
Yes! A large meal-sized portion (3 cups!) has just 6.4g net carbs.
Should you remove the shrimp tails?
It’s up to you. I removed them for easier eating.
Why does my shrimp taste rubbery?
If your shrimp salad tastes rubbery, it’s because the shrimp has been overcooked. Shrimp cooks really fast – in just a few minutes.
Watch the shrimp closely when cooking it. Once it turns opaque and pink, it’s done.
Is this Cajun shrimp salad spicy?
This Cajun shrimp salad has a bit of spice, but the Caesar dressing and lettuce help cool it down a bit.
If you’re worried about the spice, simply omit the cayenne pepper in the cajun seasoning (or decrease the total amount of seasoning). And if you want it spicier, feel free to add more cayenne to this easy shrimp salad recipe.
Can I make spicy shrimp salad dairy-free?
Yes, simply omit the Parmesan cheese. If you want to add a dairy-free salty substitution, try olives or nutritional yeast.
Can you use frozen shrimp?
Sure! Just thaw it first.
Spicy Shrimp Salad Storage
Can you make shrimp Caesar salad ahead?
Shrimp is best cooked fresh (and since it takes just a few minutes, it’s easy to do this!), but you can prep some of the keto shrimp salad ahead:
- Make the Caesar dressing
- Make Cajun seasoning blend
- Wash and chop the lettuce and tomatoes
- Chop or prep any optional add-ins (suggestions above!)
If you like to meal prep for work (or anywhere, really), you can still pre-cook the shrimp and pre-assemble the whole salad using a special salad container like this – it keeps your greens, toppings, and dressing separate until you’re ready to eat.
How to store Cajun shrimp salad
It’s best to store shrimp salad recipe ingredients in the refrigerator in separate containers. Everything will last 3-4 days in the fridge. However, if you have leftovers after making the salad, it can be okay in the fridge for about a day.
More Keto Meal Salad Recipes
If you love this keto shrimp salad recipe, you might also like some of these other keto salad recipes – they are hearty enough for a meal:
- Chicken Caesar Salad – This Caesar salad is made with grilled chicken and crispy Parmesan crisps. A great lunch or light dinner!
- Chef Salad – This easy salad takes just 15 minutes. It’s packed with plenty of toppings to keep you satisfied.
- Thai Beef Salad – 10 minutes prep is all this delicious salad takes. The salad dressing + marinade give it so much flavor!
- Marinated Artichoke Salad – This makes a great side dish to Italian meals, or add chicken to turn it into a meal.
Tools To Make Shrimp Caesar Salad
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Salad Spinner – If you make as many salads as I do, a salad spinner is a must. It helps wash and properly dry lettuce so it lasts longer.
- Salad Chopper – Make this spicy shrimp salad super fast with this tool.
- Leakproof Salad Container – This thing is awesome! It stores your greens, toppings, and dressing separately, so you can meal prep this entire salad and pack it without risk of wilting.
Cajun Shrimp Caesar Salad Recipe
This Cajun shrimp salad recipe makes a great lunch or light dinner. Naturally keto friendly, spicy shrimp Caesar salad is ready in 15 minutes and full of flavor.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning to coat evenly.
Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in a single layer. Sear for 1 minute, until they begin to brown. Flip and sear another 1-2 minutes, until cooked through.
In a large bowl, toss the chopped romaine with the dressing, tomatoes, and parmesan. Divide among plates or bowls. Top each serving with Cajun shrimp.
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving Size: 3 cups, or 1/4 entire salad
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
Keto Cajun Shrimp Caesar Salad Recipe