This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by ChocZero. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
These almond flour chocolate chip muffins are based on my popular keto blueberry muffin recipe – because I thought it’s about time we get a chocolate chip version! One bite and you’ll want to have a batch of these low carb keto chocolate chip muffins ready to take on-the-go at all times! Not only are they made with nutritious almond flour, but they also feature my favorite chocolate ever, have that perfect crumb, and each one has just 3.7 grams net carbs.
If you love ChocZero as much as I do, you’ll love some of the other chocolatey recipes I’ve made with this amazing sugar-free chocolate: keto truffles, chocolate peanut butter cheesecake, and keto white chocolate macadamia cookies. (All totally keto!)
Whenever I need chocolate chips for a recipe, these are the only chocolate chips I reach for – they taste great (of utmost importance!), have a pretty clean label, and are keto friendly.
(Use code WHOLESOMEYUM for 10% off, just for Wholesome Yum readers!)
How To Make Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins
These healthy chocolate chip muffins with almond flour come together in just a few simple steps:
- Stir dry ingredients. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, monk fruit sweetener, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add wet ingredients. Mix in melted butter, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold in ChocZero Sugar-free Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Fill muffin cups. Divide batter evenly among lined muffin cups.
TIP: Make 10 muffins for larger muffin tops, or 12 for lower calories/carbs. Feel free to dot the tops with more chocolate chips, too!
- Bake. They are done when the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool. Let muffins cool enough to handle in the muffin tin, then transfer to a cooling rack, or enjoy warm.
Low Carb Chocolate Chip Muffins FAQs
Are chocolate chip muffins healthy?
Most chocolate chip muffins are made with butter, flour, sugar, and chocolate chips… more like a dessert than a healthy breakfast!
Can I make substitutions with the flour?
It’s important to use a super fine almond flour, so that your almond flour chocolate chip muffins turn out fluffy and not grainy.
Sorry, coconut flour is not a suitable substitute, but you can try putting the same chocolate chips into my coconut flour muffin recipe instead.
Can I use a different sweetener?
I recommend using monk fruit allulose blend in these muffins for best results and the moistest muffins. It tastes and bakes just like sugar – no grittiness or aftertaste like some keto sweeteners. Check out my keto sweetener guide for other sweetener conversions.
Can I make these dairy-free?
You can easily swap out the butter with coconut oil, or even try butter-flavored coconut oil. I haven’t tested the recipe with it, but it lends butter flavor to recipes without dairy.
What kind of chocolate chips should I use?
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins Storage Instructions
Can you make them ahead?
Yes! These keto chocolate chip muffins with almond flour are a great make-ahead breakfast, snack, or treat to take on-the-go.
How to store chocolate chip keto muffins:
Store these muffins in an airtight container for 2-3 days, or in the fride for up to a week.
Can you freeze low carb chocolate chip muffins?
Yes, you can freeze these muffins in a freezer bag for 3-6 months. Take them out to thaw for a few hours before eating, or reheat in the microwave.
More Keto Muffin Recipes
If you like this sugar-free chocolate chip muffin recipe, you might also like some of these other keto muffins:
- Keto Blueberry Muffins – The recipe that inspired this one! These are the most popular muffins on Wholesome Yum.
- Chocolate Protein Muffins – With chocolate in the batter and chocolate chips… plus added protein!
- Keto Cinnamon Cream Cheese Muffins – Almond flour muffins with a streusel topping and a sweet cream cheese filling.
- Keto Banana Muffins – These bakery-style muffins have a secret ingredient to give them banana flavor… without the banana!
- Coconut Flour Blueberry Muffins – These nut-free muffins make a great breakfast, snack, or even dessert.
Tools To Make Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Muffins
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- ChocZero Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips – The BEST keto chocolate chips! Rich, creamy, and sugar-free! They are perfect in these low carb chocolate chip muffins.
- Muffin Tin – Can’t make keto chocolate chip muffins without a muffin tin. I’ve used this one for years because it’s sturdy and cleans up well.
- Parchment Muffin Liners – The best way to line your muffin tin for easy cleanup and portability.
- Muffin Storage Container – Store your low carb chocolate chip muffins in this handy container that is designed for muffins.
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Easy low carb keto chocolate chip muffins with almond flour have the flavor and texture of a bakery muffin - but none of the sugar. 3.7g net carbs each!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, sweetener, baking powder and sea salt.
Mix in the melted butter, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for about 25 minutes, until the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 muffin
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂