This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This cool and creamy keto key lime pie is the perfect treat for a hot day! I’ll show you how to make a sugar-free key lime pie with simple ingredients and just a few minutes of prep time.
A super smooth low carb key lime pie needs a sweetener that dissolves easily! That’s why I use Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend for this dessert. Since it measures and tastes like sugar, nobody can tell that this pie is keto friendly… and with a fine consistency that dissolves completely, every bite stays creamy. Pair it with a buttery crust using Wholesome Yum Almond Flour, and you’ll never miss conventional key lime pie again!
Is Key Lime Pie Keto?
Most key lime pie recipes are not keto friendly, since they contain refined sugar, conventional sweetened condensed milk, and a traditional graham cracker crust with gluten. However, it’s easy to swap these ingredients to make a recipe for sugar-free key lime pie that tastes just as delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Keto Key Lime Pie Recipe
- Sweet and tangy flavor
- Cool, creamy texture
- Uses basic keto ingredients
- Low carb and gluten-free
- Just 5 grams net carbohydrates per slice
- Mouthwatering summer dessert!
Ingredients You’ll Need
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for sugar-free key lime pie, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Almond Flour Pie Crust – You can also use coconut flour pie crust for a nut-free variation.
- Sugar-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk – Helps make the creamy consistency, and it’s easy to make yourself! You may be able to make a dairy-free version if you need to by using coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk instead of heavy cream.
- Egg Yolks – Help the key lime pie filling “set” and adds to the rich and smooth mouthfeel.
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – This one dissolves the best and tastes the most like sugar, all with 0g net carbs. You can use other powdered sugar substitutes, but many other brands have erythritol in them and have a tendency to crystallize when storing, so the texture may be gritty if not using Besti.
- Key Lime Juice – Get a bottled version like this for convenience, or squeeze your own limes. You can use regular or key limes for this juice.
- Lime Zest – Adds extra lime flavor with minimal extra carbs.
- Sea Salt – Balances the tart and tangy sweetness.
- Optional Garnishes – Thinly sliced fresh limes and sugar-free whipped cream.
How To Make Sugar-Free Key Lime Pie
This section shows how to make keto friendly key lime pie, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Make condensed milk. Prepare the sugar-free condensed milk (be sure to double the recipe) and set aside to cool.
- Make the crust. Prepare the almond flour pie crust and set aside to cool.
- Make filling base. In a medium bowl, use a mixer or whisk to combine condensed milk and egg yolks until smooth.
- Add lime. Add key lime juice and lime zest, whisking until smooth. Taste the filling and whisk in Besti, if desired, until it reaches your desired sweetness.
- Pour. Pour filling into the cooled crust. Smooth the top and cover edges with foil or a pie shield.
- Bake. Bake keto key lime pie for 15 minutes.
TIP: Pie will still look runny.
The filling will not completely set until it sits in the fridge for 3-4 hours.
- Chill. Cool for 30 minutes on the counter, then refrigerate until set.
- Garnish. Top with lime zest, keto whipped cream, and lime (or key lime) slices.
Tips For The Best Keto Key Lime Pie
Make and serve this pie easily with a few key tips:
- Don’t skip the chilling time. Otherwise the pie will be too runny and hard to cut.
- Make clean slices. Use a sharp knife to cut the pie, wiping it clean between slices.
- Serve it soon. For best results, serve the pie within 24 hours of making it. The crust can be made ahead, but once the filling is added, the crust has the best texture within the first 24 hours after it sets.
- Store: Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 1-2 days.
- Freeze: To freeze pie, divide into slices and freeze individually until solid. Then wrap tightly for long term freezer storage for up to 1 month.
More Keto Pie Recipes
Try these cool and summery pies next — all with no sugar whatsoever.
Low Carb Key Lime Pie Recipe
Keto Key Lime Pie
This keto key lime pie recipe has a sweet creamy filling and buttery crust, just like the real deal. Nobody can tell it's a sugar-free key lime pie!
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Make the sugar-free sweetened condensed milk according to the instructions here. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
Make the keto pie crust according to the instructions here. Set aside to cool. Leave the oven on at 350 degrees F (or preheat again before step 6).
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the condensed milk, egg yolks, and salt, until smooth.
Whisk in the lime juice and lime zest, until smooth.
Taste the filling to see if it’s sweet enough to your liking. If not, whisk in Besti Powdered, until dissolved, to achieve your desired sweetness.
Bake the keto key lime pie for 15 minutes. The filling will still be runny and will not set at this step – this is normal.
Remove the pie from the oven. Cool for 30 minutes on the counter, then refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours, until set. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/12 entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂