FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You’ll never believe that these keto cheesecake cupcakes (aka keto mini cheesecakes) take just 10 minutes to prep… and 25 minutes from start to finish. I went with piña colada cupcakes because they are full of that pineapple and coconut flavor combination that’s reminiscent of the beach… adding cheesecake to the mix, in the form of piña colada cheesecake! And what’s better than that? Creamy, smooth cheesecake (inspired by my popular keto cheesecake recipe!), with the flavor of piña coladas. Mmm. I can’t wait for you to try out this pineapple cheesecake recipe!
Piña coladas (at least the non-alcoholic kind) bring me back to childhood trips to Mexico with my parents. We always stayed at all-inclusive resorts, and that meant food and drinks were unlimited. I’d order non-alcoholic piña coladas all day long to sip on at the beach or by the pool.
Of course, there was nothing healthy or natural about those piña coladas. I’m almost certain that they were a concoction of sugar and artificial flavors swirled together with ice in a blender, but as a kid it didn’t matter. Back then, all of that sugar had no effect on my weight or energy levels.
But today, my nutrition priorities may be different, but I still adore the combination of pineapple and coconut together. That’s where these piña colada cheesecake cupcakes come in!
These piña colada cheesecake cupcakes have a crumbly coconut flour crust, a pineapple infused cream cheese filling, and coconut flake topping. OMG!!! Unbelievably, my low carb cheesecake cupcakes are also sugar-free, gluten-free, and made with just nine different ingredients!
Which brings me to something else very exciting…
This keto mini cheesecake recipe was originally published on May 25, 2016, and it was a very important milestone for Wholesome Yum. It was the day that I finally decided to give this blog more direction. I really wanted to make it unique and special, to give people a reason to keep coming back. Here is how this recipe looked 5 years ago…
And on that day, I decided that every recipe on Wholesome Yum would be 10 ingredients or less… and of course, low carb, gluten-free and keto friendly, just as before.
I’m republishing this piña colada cheesecake cupcakes in November 2019 with joy in my heart, as I reminisce on the day that felt like the turning point for this site, 2 1/2 years ago. So thank YOU, from the bottom of my heart, for coming along on this keto and low carb ride with me, and for your support.
How To Make Keto Cheesecake Cupcakes
These low carb cheesecake cupcakes come together surprisingly quickly – just 10 minutes to prep!
- Make the crusts for keto mini cheesecakes. Mix together coconut flour, melted coconut oil, egg, erythritol, and a pinch of sea salt, until crumbly.
- Press into muffin liners. Gently press the crust into muffin liner.
- Blend together pineapple cheesecake filling. Blend cream cheese, pineapple chunks, egg, erythritol, vanilla, and coconut extract together until smooth.
NOTE: Even though these cheesecake cupcakes contain pineapple, they still have only 5 grams net carbs each. However, if you want to avoid this higher sugar fruit even in small amounts, you can replace it with 1 tsp pineapple extract + 1/4 cup sour cream.
- Pour filling into mini keto cheesecake cupcakes. Top with coconut flakes.
- Bake piña colada cheesecakes. The cheesecake cupcakes will take about 15 minutes, until the coconut is golden but the cupcakes are not fully set.
When Are Cheesecake Cupcakes Done?
The best way to tell when this keto cheesecake cupcake recipe is done is to jiggle the pan a bit. If the pineapple cheesecakes look mostly set and then the small center jiggles slightly, that’s what you’re looking for.
Do not wait for the center to be set, or they’ll be dry and crumbly!
How To Store Keto Mini Cheesecakes
Cover your keto mini cheesecakes loosely with plastic wrap or tin foil, and store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Can You Freeze Pina Colada Cupcakes?
Yes, you can freeze these piña colada cupcakes! Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn and store in the freezer for 3-4 months.
More Keto Cheesecake Recipes
Yes, I love low carb cheesecakes! But really, what’s not to love? Here are more keto cheesecake desserts to try:
- Classic Low Carb Cheesecake – This one is classic for a reason. It’s the one that tricks all the non-keto guests into thinking they are eating a real one. 😉
- Raspberry Cheesecake Bites – These keto fat bombs are sweet and creamy and make the cutest dessert/snack!
- No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – When you’re looking for a rich, decadent cheesecake recipe packed with chocolate flavor? This is it.
- Keto Pumpkin Cheesecake – Let’s face it. If you show up to the holidays with this cheesecake, the main meal will be an after thought.
Tools To Make Piña Colada Cupcakes
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- 14-Cup Food Processor – Use a blender or food processor to make this keto cheesecake cupcakes recipe ultra smooth and creamy.
- Nonstick Muffin Tin – These are my absolute favorite pans and necessary for this piña colada cupcakes recipe. I have every single one. 🙂
- Paper Cupcake Liners – These are the cupcake liners that I use and love! They are a natural color and work well with this pineapple cheesecake recipe.
Piña Colada Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe :
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Piña Colada Cheesecake Cupcakes Recipe
This piña cheesecake cupcakes recipe is like keto mini cheesecake with pineapple and coconut flavor! It only takes 25 minutes to make these pineapple keto cheesecake cupcakes.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Pineapple cheesecake filling
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with silicone or parchment paper cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the crust ingredients together until crumbly. Press the crust into the bottoms of the cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, puree all the cheesecake filling ingredients until smooth. Spoon the filling evenly on top of the cupcake crusts. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top.
Bake for 13-17 minutes,, until the coconut flakes start to turn golden but the center is still jiggly. Cool completely, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until set, before serving. Serve topped with homemade whipped cream.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cupcake
Video Showing How To Make Keto Piña Colada Cheesecake Cupcakes:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Piña Colada Cheesecake Cupcakes!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂