FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You won’t believe how sweet and chewy these pink sugar free gummy bears are. It’s easy to think that keto gummy bears take a ton of time and a ton of crazy ingredients — but that’s not true! You can whip up these keto gummies in just 20 minutes prep and you’ll even get some health benefits while you eat them.
(If you want something quicker without having to fill individual gummy bear molds, make keto jello instead, which is very similar but more jiggly — and faster to make.)
Have you ever seen the ingredients in gummy bears that are in stores? They are basically sugar, sugar, and more sugar. So, I made my own instead.
The key to the perfect texture in these keto gummies is my Besti monk fruit sweetener. It’s not the same as other brands of monk fruit! Unlike others, this one dissolves effortlessly and won’t crystallize when you store it, leaving you with perfectly smooth, sweet gummies without an aftertaste or weird texture.
Why You’ll Love This Sugar Free Gummy Bear Recipe
- Sweet and fruity flavor
- Chewy and gummy… just how you would want them to be
- Surprisingly simple to make
- Just 20 minutes active prep time
- 3.3 grams net carbs per handful
- Just 3 ingredients (made with real food!)
Ingredients For Keto Gummy Bears
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for keto gummy candy, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Strawberries – Use ripe and dark red fresh strawberries for the sweetest flavor. Frozen strawberries will work as well. (See variations below for other flavors!)
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – This is the closest in texture and flavor to real sugar. It’s an important ingredient because it dissolves better than other sweeteners and won’t crystallize when you store your low carb gummy bears.
- Unflavored gelatin powder – This can’t be substituted, as it’s what gives the keto gummy bear recipe its chewy texture.
How To Make Sugar Free Gummy Bears
This section shows how to make keto gummies with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Boil strawberries. Combine water and strawberries in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring and mashing berries. Simmer until berries are falling apart and mash easily.
- Bloom gelatin. Sprinkle gelatin powder into the bowl of remaining water and whisk immediately before it sets. Set aside.
- Strain. Pour the berry mixture over a fine mesh sieve lined with a jelly bag. Press berries with the back of the spoon to get out all of the juice.
TIP: You need 3/4 cup juice total. If you don’t have 3/4 cup, add water to make it enough. If you have too much, measure out 3/4 cup only.
- Sweeten. Wipe down the saucepan (so there aren’t any solids in it!) and pour juice back in. Add Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend and stir until dissolved.
TIP: Adjust sweetener to taste. After sweetener has dissolved, taste and add more if desired.
- Add gelatin. Add the bloomed gelatin to the saucepan and heat gently, while stirring, until gelatin dissolves. Be careful not to overheat, to avoid breaking down the gelatin’s properties.
- Fill molds. Use a dropper to fill gummy bear molds.
- Chill. Refrigerate gummy bears until set. Remove molds from fridge and pop them out.
TIP: Take the molds out of the fridge one at a time. They are easier to remove when cold.
Are Sugar Free Gummy Bears Keto?
Wondering about gummy bears on keto? It’s going to depend on the sugar-free gummy.
While you can find plenty of sugarless gummy bears at the store, most of them are made with artificial ingredients, flavors, and sweeteners. Might be fine if you’re dirty keto, but why not make them yourself with clean ingredients?
Just be careful with homemade versions, too. Most recipes for “sugar free” gummies are made with fruit juice, which is actually loaded with sugar. Make this keto friendly gummy bear recipe instead — it has less than 3g sugar per serving.
Variations Of Keto Gummy Bears
- Raspberry, blackberry, or blueberry – Use one of these other berries (they are all keto fruit!) in your sugar free gummy bear recipe. You can use approximately the same weight as you would for strawberries, and just measure out 3/4 cup of liquid to use in step 4.
- Lemon/lime – Dilute 1/3 cup of lemon or lime juice with water to make 3/4 cup of liquid, then proceed with the recipe starting with step 5.
- Gummy worms – Use a worm silicone mold instead of bears!
- Lower carb version – This recipe has 3.3g net carbs per serving. If you want to lower the carb count, reduce the amount of strawberry juice from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup and add 1/4 cup water instead. You can adjust sweetener if needed.
Store this homemade sugar free gummy bears recipe in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Because they are made with fresh berries, it’s not recommended to keep them unrefrigerated for extended periods, but a few hours is fine if you want to take them on-the-go.
Can you freeze gummy bears?
Yes, you can freeze gummy bears. Arrange them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Once solid, transfer them to a bag for freezer storage.
More Keto Candy Recipes
If you like this keto gummy recipe, you might also like some of these other keto candies:
Tools To Make Keto Gummies
- Saucepan – This one is durable and a good size for this recipe.
- Fine mesh sieve – For straining the strawberries.
- Jelly bag – A sieve on its own is not enough, so be sure to also get this jelly bag for the best texture in your gummies.
- Silicone gummy bear molds – These molds are a must for this keto-friendly gummy bear recipe.
Homemade Sugar Free Gummy Bear Recipe:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Sugar Free Gummy Bears Recipe
Learn how to make sugar free gummy bears! This natural, easy recipe for keto gummy bears (or keto gummies in other shapes) needs just 3 ingredients, including real strawberries.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Combine 1/4 cup water and strawberries in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring and mashing as berries soften.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 4-7 minutes, until berries are fall-apart soft. Mash with the back of a spoon.
Meanwhile, pour the remaining 1/2 cup water into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatin powder into the bowl and whisk immediately before it sets. Set aside to bloom for at least 5 minutes.
Place a fine mesh sieve lined with a jelly bag or nut milk bag over a bowl. When the berries are very soft, pour the berry mixture over the sieve to strain. Press with a spoon or spatula to push the juice into the bowl. You should get about 3/4 cup of juice – measure out 3/4 cup to use for the jello, and add water to reach this mount if it’s not enough juice.
Wipe down the saucepan and pour juice back into the saucepan over medium heat. Add Besti and stir to dissolve. Taste and adjust sweetener to taste if needed.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in the bloomed gelatin and heat, stirring, for about 2 minutes, until gelatin dissolves.
Use a dropper to fill silicone gummy bear molds with the liquid.
Refrigerate for about 2 hours, until set. Remove the molds from the fridge one at a time to pop out the bears. (They are easier to remove when cold, so don't take all the molds from the fridge at once.) Store in the refrigerator.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 25 gummy bears
Video Showing How To Make Keto Gummy Bears:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe — it’s located directly above the ingredients list. It’s the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Gummy Bears!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂