FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 200,000+ others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This homemade keto simple syrup can be used in so many different ways and requires just two ingredients: Besti + water! Not only is sugar-free simple syrup incredibly easy to make, but the particular sweetener used here makes it the best low carb simple syrup recipe. It dissolves effortlessly and tastes just like a sugar simple syrup. Use it for all of your keto cocktails!
What Is Simple Syrup?
Simple syrup is a slightly viscous, clear syrup, made of a 1:1 solution just sugar and water. Its main purpose is for use in drinks, but there are other ways to use it as well.
Obviously, the sugar makes it not-so-keto-friendly, which is why we needed our own low carb simple syrup recipe without sugar!
How To Make Keto Simple Syrup
This sugar-free simple syrup recipe couldn’t be easier! Ok, get ready….
- Combine water and Besti Monk Fruit Sweetener in a saucepan. It will be cloudy at first.
- Heat until dissolved. Bring to a boil, then simmer and stir frequently, until the sweetener is completely dissolved. It’s ready when it’s completely clear!
Low Carb Simple Syrup FAQs
Can you make sugar-free simple syrup?
Yes, sugar-free simple syrup is possible and it works really well – if you use the right sweetener.
Traditional simple syrup is made with a 1:1 ratio of sugar to water and our best sugar-free simple syrup is made in the same way. A 1:1 ratio of Besti to water!
Why use simple syrup vs just a granulated sweetener?
Because it mixes better! Stirring sugar into something can leave some of it sitting at the bottom, and this is even more true with keto sweeteners.
Which brings us to the next important question…
Can you use a different sweetener?
Yes and no.
Monk Fruit Allulose Blend is the absolute best keto sweetener to use for simple syrup, for two very important reasons:
- It dissolves like sugar. Most keto sweeteners, including erythritol and most brands of monk fruit, will not dissolve well.
- It tastes like sugar. There is no aftertaste that you might find with some others.
If you want to try it with a different sweetener, another option that would dissolve well is allulose. You’d need more of it, about 1 1/3 cup.
If you still want to attempt to make this sugar-free simple syrup using an erythritol-based sweetener, start with a powdered version. It still does not dissolve as well, but better than granulated.
Can you thicken sugar-free simple syrup?
Yes, you can. I left out any thickener because for the most common use (keto drinks!), it’s not necessary.
If you want to thicken it, just sprinkle on some xanthan gum and whisk vigorously, like I do for my keto maple syrup.
Sugar-Free Simple Syrup Storage Instructions
Can you make homemade sugar-free simple syrup ahead?
Yes, you can and should make keto simple syrup ahead.
Does simple syrup need to be refrigerated?
Yes, since this is a homemade keto friendly simple syrup and has no added preservatives, it’s best kept in the fridge. It will last at least 1 month.
Can you freeze sugar-free simple syrup?
Yes! It will last a very long time, at least a year.
How To Use Simple Syrup For Keto Recipes
If you like this keto simple syrup recipe, then you might need some recipes to use it in! Here are some keto cocktail recipes, plus other ways to use it:
- Skinny Mojito – Enjoy this refreshing keto friendly drink, plus read the complete guide on lots of others.
- Skinny Margarita – This margarita recipe is made with just a handful of ingredients and takes just 5 minutes!
- Sugar-Free Lemonade – This refreshing drink is great on its own or mixed with vodka for a refreshing summer drink.
- Coffee – Simple syrup is delicious in bulletproof coffee, a keto pink drink, or just about any other coffee drink you like.
- Keto cake – Poke holes and drizzle any cake with keto simple syrup to keep it extra moist.
- Keto fruit salad – Mix together some keto berries (check the keto food list for a list of low carb fruits you can use!), then toss with sugar-free simple syrup.
- Keto pancakes – Add a little extract to your simple syrup for flavor, then drizzle over low carb pancakes.
- Keto oatmeal – Stir the syrup in for effortless sweetness.
You can also make flavored syrups using the same method, such as blackberry simple syrup (be sure to use Besti and not sugar!).
Tools To Make Keto Simple Syrup:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend – The best sweetener for sugar-free simple syrup. It dissolves well and tastes like sugar.
- Glass Jars – My favorite storage solution, so I always have keto simple syrup for drinks I’m making.
- Cocktail Shaker and Strainer – All the tools you need to set up a bar at home.
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Get Wholesome Yum Simple Syrup Ready To Use!
Meet Wholesome Yum Keto Simple Syrup - it's sugar-free & naturally sweetened with Besti (a blend of monk fruit and allulose). NO aftertaste & 0 net carbs!GET IT HERE
Sugar-Free Keto Simple Syrup Recipe
Make your own homemade keto simple syrup in just 5 minutes - no sugar, carbs or calories! Low carb sugar-free simple syrup is perfect for all kinds of drinks.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get Keto Sweetener For This Recipe
Meet Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the keto sweetener that tastes, bakes, dissolves, and browns just like sugar, with NO aftertaste and 0 net carbs.GET BESTI
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Combine the water and Besti in a medium saucepan.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes until dissolved.
Cool completely before using.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Video Showing How To Make Keto Simple Syrup:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Simple Syrup!
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂