FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 200,000+ others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This keto biscuits and gravy recipe is the brunch, lunch, or dinner that always tastes amazing. We’re topping my popular almond flour biscuits with a creamy keto sausage gravy that will have you licking your plate when it’s done! If you miss this dish on keto, now you don’t have to.
This low carb biscuits and gravy recipe makes me think of other Southern-style favorites like fried cabbage, keto jambalaya, keto gumbo, and keto fried chicken. Yes, you can have your favorite Southern meals on keto!
How To Make Keto Biscuits And Gravy
This keto sausage biscuits and gravy recipe comes together in just 10 minutes and makes a hearty meal any time of day.
We’re making these almond flour biscuits, including the optional sour cream.
- Mix dry ingredients. You’ll need super fine blanched almond flour like this, baking powder, and sea salt.
- Add wet ingredients. Add eggs, melted butter, and sour cream, until a wet dough forms.
- Form biscuits. Use a cookie scoop to plop blobs of dough onto a cookie sheet, at least 2 inches apart. Flatten into a biscuit shape.
- Bake. They are done when the tops are slightly golden. Allow biscuits to cool from hot to warm to improve internal texture.
Make sausage gravy:
You can make the gravy while your biscuits are baking, so the whole dish takes only about 25 minutes total!
- Brown sausage. Cook sausage in large skillet until cooked through. Drain fat from pan.
- Make gravy. Reduce heat and add cream cheese and bone broth, cooking until cream cheese is melted and smooth. Season with ground sage and black pepper to taste.
TIP: You can adjust gravy thickness easily. If it gets too thick, feel free to thin it out with more broth. If it’s too thin, simmer to evaporate the liquid, and/or add more cream cheese.
Top your biscuits with keto friendly sausage gravy, and enjoy! I recommend some parsley, fresh cracked pepper, and sage leaves for garnish.
Low Carb Biscuits And Gravy Recipe FAQs
Can I use different biscuits?
What if my gravy is too thick or too thin?
If the gravy thickens up too quickly or cooks too long, you can simply whisk in some more broth until it’s the desired consistency.
If the gravy is too thin, you can cook it for longer to evaporate some of the moisture. Adding more cream cheese would also thicken it.
Is sausage gravy keto?
Many sausage gravy recipes are thickened with flour, so they are not keto friendly.
This sausage gravy is keto, as we thicken it with cream cheese, instead of flour.
Is there an alternative to pork sausage?
Yes! The closest would be turkey sausage for similar flavors. But if you want, any ground meat will work, such as ground beef or chicken. You may need more salt and seasonings for those than you’d use for sausage, which is already seasoned.
Can you make it ahead?
Yes, you can make the keto gravy and biscuits 3-4 days ahead. Just wait until the day-of to combine them. Store biscuits at room temperature for 1-2 days, or refrigerate for longer. Gravy should be in the fridge right away if you’re not eating it immediately.
Can you freeze keto sausage gravy?
Yes, you can freeze the gravy for 2-3 months. Let thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating. Biscuits can be frozen separately as well.
Reheat the gravy in a skillet, or the microwave. If it’s too thick after reheating, add a bit more broth as needed. Biscuits can be reheated in the microwave or in the oven.
More Keto Sausage Recipes
If you like this keto recipe for biscuits and gravy, you’ll love these other recipes with sausage as the star:
- Sausage Kale Soup – This creamy soup is ready in just 30 minutes. Loaded with flavor, greens and a delicious broth.
- Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms – This easy and healthy dinner is ready in 30 minutes and made with 6 ingredients.
- Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini – Prep these keto zucchini boats in just 10 minutes.
- Crock Pot Sausage and Peppers – 7 simple ingredients is all you need and you can let the slow cooker do all the work.
Tools To Make Low Carb Biscuits And Gravy:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Sheet Pan – My go-to pan for making biscuits, and a bajillion other things. You’ll love the coating.
- Cookie Scoop – Using a cookie scoop is an easy way to form your biscuits.
- Skillet – Use this skillet to make low carb sausage gravy. I love how easily this one cleans up!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto Biscuits And Gravy Recipe
In this easy low carb keto biscuits and gravy recipe, you'll make buttery biscuits smothered with keto sausage gravy. It's pure comfort food, just like the real thing!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get The Easy Keto App by Wholesome Yum
Custom low carb meal plans, recipes, and macro tracking to make keto easy - from your iPhone, Android, & computer.GET THE KETO APP
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the sausage for 8-10 minutes, until cooked through. Drain any fat from the pan.
Reduce heat to medium. Add the cream cheese pieces and bone broth. Cook for 2 minutes, until the cream cheese is melted and smooth.
Season with ground sage and black pepper to taste.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Serving size: 2 biscuits with 1/2 cup sausage gravy
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂