FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
If you’ve been missing a certain biscuit at a certain seafood restaurant, it’s your lucky day! I’m here to deliver this keto cheddar bay biscuits recipe (a.k.a. cheesy keto biscuits)… and you’re going to love them. My keto cheddar biscuits are packed with cheesy, buttery flavor without all of the carbs that traditionally come along with them. And the best part is that these keto cheese biscuits are ready in 30 minutes and take just 8 ingredients to make. Easy, keto, low carb cheddar biscuits… what else do you need in life?!
These low carb cheese biscuits were inspired by my popular recipe for almond flour biscuits. Just a few added ingredients later, we have a cheesy version!
What Are Keto Cheddar Biscuits?
These are basically keto copycat Red Lobster cheddar bay biscuits. You know the ones, right? They come out with your dinner and they are utterly addicting. Buttery and cheesy… and full of refined flours!
So, I came up with this keto cheddar bay biscuit recipe, so that we can join in on the fun, too. And, I think it tastes just like the original version!
How To Make Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits
This keto cheddar biscuit recipe is easier than you might think – they take just 10 minutes to prep!
Here’s how to make keto biscuits with cheddar:
- Mix together cheesy keto biscuits dry ingredients. Stir together almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- Add wet ingredients. Stir in the egg, heavy cream, and melted butter until dough is uniform. Fold in shredded cheese. The dough will be dense and a bit sticky.
- Scoop keto cheddar bay biscuits. Using a large cookie dough scoop, scoop the dough onto a lined baking sheet and form into a rounded biscuit shape.
TIP: You’ll want to flatten them a bit, but do leave some room for them to spread. And if you want them a bit rustic looking, don’t form a perfect disc.
- Bake keto cheddar biscuits until golden and semi firm. Let them cool for 10 minutes.
TIP: The biscuits will not fully firm up during baking. Letting them cool for a little while is critical for them to set and not fall apart. Don’t worry, they’ll still be warm.
- Brush with topping. Stir together butter, parsley, garlic powder, and sea salt. Brush over cheddar keto biscuits and serve.
Ingredients In Keto Cheese Biscuits
There are just 8 simple ingredients in these easy keto cheddar biscuits:
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh parsley
How Many Carbs In A Red Lobster Biscuit?
There are 16 grams carbs in a red lobster biscuit. Hence the reason I needed to create this keto cheddar bay biscuits copy cat recipe.
My keto friendly cheddar biscuits have just 3 grams net carbs per biscuit – and they are large!
Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuit Nutrition
The full nutrition stats can be found below the recipe card, but here are the highlights:
- 265 calories
- 3 grams net carbs
- 8 grams protein
- 24 grams fat
TIP: These keto cheese biscuits are large, so if you want the calories and/or carbs decreased a bit, you can make them smaller. Just use a smaller scoop.
How To Store Cheesy Keto Biscuits
Since these low carb cheddar biscuits are made with cheese, it’s best to refrigerate them. They will last about 5 days in the fridge.
You can gently re-heat them in the microwave or oven until warm.
How To Freeze Low Carb Cheddar Biscuits
You can also freeze these cheesy keto biscuits. Let them cool completely, then store in a zip top freezer bag, removing as much air as possible. Store them in a flat layer until frozen solid.
Let them thaw in the fridge or at room temperature, then reheat in the microwave or oven until warmed through.
More Low Carb Keto Bread Recipes
If you like these keto cheese biscuits, you might also like some of these other keto low carb bread recipes:
- Keto Chaffles – If you aren’t familiar with chaffles, you need to know about them! It’s a low carb waffle made with cheese, and I have both sweet and savory versions.
- Keto Naan Bread – This naan bread uses fathead dough (always a favorite!) and is the perfect side.
- Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread – If you’re looking for a nut-free bread option, try this one out.
- Keto 90-Second Bread – When you want bread and you want it fast! This easy bread is great for sandwiches and toast.
- Low Carb Bagels – One of my most popular low carb bread items, these bagels are a reader favorite! Try sprinkling them with everything bagel seasoning.
Tools To Make Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Large Cookie Dough Scoop – This scoop makes it incredibly easy to scoop out uniformly-sized keto cheesy biscuits.
- Nonstick Baking Sheet – These are my favorite sheet pans. You’ll use them for this keto cheese biscuit recipe, but also cookies, roasted vegetables, and more. I use them all the time.
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits Recipe
See how to make keto cheddar bay biscuits (cheesy keto biscuits) in 30 minutes! These easy keto low carb cheddar biscuits taste just like Red Lobster ones, with only 3g net carbs each.
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and sea salt.
Stir in the egg, heavy cream, and melted butter, until uniform. Fold in the shredded cheese.
Use a scant large cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the lined baking sheet, at least 2 inches apart. (They will spread during baking.) Form into rounded biscuit shapes (flatten slightly with your fingers), but don't shape much to keep them looking rustic.
Bake for about 12-16 minutes, until semi-firm and golden.
When the biscuits are done, let them cool for 10 minutes without moving, to firm up more. Stir together all the topping ingredients. then brush the biscuits with the melted butter topping.
Made this? Leave a rating!
Video Showing How To Make Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Keto Cheddar Bay Biscuits!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT COPY/PASTE recipe instructions to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂