This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- What Is Cauliflower Risotto?
- How To Make Cauliflower Risotto
- How Many Carbs In Risotto?
- How Many Carbs In Cauliflower Risotto?
- How To Store Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
- What To Serve With Keto Cauliflower Risotto
- Tools To Make Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
- Creamy Keto Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto Recipe
What do you do when you’re craving a bowl of rich and creamy risotto but you’re keto? There’s only one suitable solution, and it’s an easy one… you come up with a creamy cauliflower risotto recipe! This cauliflower rice risotto is the lighter, healthier version of a traditional one – but cauliflower mushroom risotto is made with cauliflower rice, instead of white rice!
And, keto cauliflower risotto is ready in 25 minutes and takes just 9 ingredients. It’s the perfect side dish for chicken, steak, or seafood – cozy and rich while still being light and wholesome. You can even increase the serving size for a light vegetarian keto meal!
Gourmet flavor in an easy recipe with basic ingredients? It might just be the best cauliflower risotto recipe out there. Keep reading to learn how to make easy cauliflower risotto, I have a feeling you’ll want to add it to your dinner rotation right away!
What Is Cauliflower Risotto?
Creamy cauliflower risotto without rice is similar to a classic risotto, but it’s made with cauliflower rice instead of regular white rice.
With a regular Italian risotto, rice is cooked with broth until it gets creamy. Cauliflower mushroom risotto is made in a similar way, but is SO much faster. Cauliflower cooks more quickly (just a few minutes instead of close to an hour for the kind made with white rice!), and requires much less liquid.
How To Make Cauliflower Risotto
This keto cauliflower risotto recipe is so easy to make! Here’s how to make cauliflower risotto – all in one pan:
- Brown the mushrooms and onion. Melt the butter in a saute pan and add mushrooms onions. Saute until veggies are soft and browned. Add in minced garlic and thyme.
TIP: The mushrooms should reduce in size by at least half, and no liquid should remain. If needed, you can increase heat at the end to help evaporate the liquid.
- Simmer cauliflower and bone broth. Add the cauliflower and bone broth to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until tender and liquid has reduced.
TIP: Riced cauliflower risotto will reduce much faster than white rice – it will only take 3-5 minutes! It’s done when the cauliflower is tender and the pan is dry, like this:
- Stir in parmesan cheese. Reduce the heat, and stir in cream and parmesan. Continue to heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Your cauliflower rice risotto is ready to eat!
How Many Carbs In Risotto?
A classic cheese risotto that’s made with white rice has about 45 grams of carbohydrates. Wayyyyyyyyy too much for us! 😉
Which is why I needed to come up with this mushroom risotto with cauliflower rice recipe. You’ll love this lighter version.
How Many Carbs In Cauliflower Risotto?
My keto cauliflower risotto, on the other hand, has just 6 grams of carbohydrates per serving.
It’s grain-free, low carb, and keto, but FULL of flavor. Even if you don’t like cauliflower, the flavors of cauliflower mushroom risotto are what you’d expect from the regular kind.
How To Store Cauliflower Mushroom Risotto
Store cauliflower mushroom risotto in the refrigerator in an airtight container. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge.
But if you need it to last longer, you can also freeze this risotto cauliflower rice. Let it cool completely and store in a freezer bag or freezer container. It will last 2-3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat until hot in the microwave or skillet.
What To Serve With Keto Cauliflower Risotto
This creamy cauliflower risotto recipe makes the perfect side to just about any protein recipe. Try some freshly grilled chicken breasts or shrimp, or one of these keto low carb dinner recipes:
- Sirloin Steak In The Oven – This easy and delicious steak recipe pairs perfectly with creamy cauliflower mushroom risotto. It makes for a rich and hearty (but healthy!) meal.
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken – Veggies and cheese wrapped up with chicken are the perfect protein and green veggie side to this cauliflower mushroom risotto recipe.
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Thighs – This staple recipe is delicious on its own, but try it with cauliflower mushroom risotto for an easy dinner. It’s major comfort food.
- Perfect Filet Mignon – The ultimate steak needs the ultimate side: this cauliflower rice risotto recipe!
Tools To Make Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- 14-Cup Food Processor – It’s easy to make your own cauliflower rice with this food processor. It helps make the freshest cauliflower mushroom risotto!
- Ceramic Nonstick Chef Pan Set – These pans are great for stir frying, pan searing, and of course, keto risotto!
- White Porcelain Serving Platter – Show off your cauliflower risotto keto side dish in these shallow serving bowls.
Creamy Keto Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Creamy Keto Mushroom Cauliflower Risotto Recipe
See how to make cauliflower mushroom risotto in just 25 minutes - you'll love this creamy keto cauliflower risotto recipe! Cauliflower rice risotto has the same flavors as regular risotto, but is much faster and easier to make.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onions, and saute for about 10 to 15 minutes, until the onions are translucent and browned, and the mushrooms are soft and browned. The mushrooms should reduce in size by at least half, and no liquid should remain. (If needed, you can increase heat at the end to help evaporate the liquid.)
Add the minced garlic and thyme. Saute for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add the cauliflower and bone broth. Increase heat to bring to a simmer, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is tender and liquid is reduced, about 3-5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Stir in the cream and Parmesan. Continue to heat, stirring constantly, for about a minute, until the cheese melts and sauce is smooth. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂