FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- How To Make Keto Cabbage Rolls
- Are Cabbage Rolls Low Carb?
- How Many Carbs In Cabbage Rolls Without Rice?
- Can You Make Low Carb Cabbage Rolls Ahead?
- Can You Freeze Cabbage Rolls Without Rice
- What To Serve With Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- More Keto Cabbage Recipes
- Tools To Make Keto Cabbage Rolls
- Low Carb Keto Cabbage Rolls Recipe Without Rice
It’s a classic reinvented! My keto cabbage rolls recipe utilizes cauliflower rice, and makes these low carb cabbage rolls without rice just as satisfying as the original version. Make a big batch of these keto stuffed cabbage rolls for a warm and cozy winter dinner. It’s a classic for a reason!
How To Make Keto Cabbage Rolls
This keto stuffed cabbage rolls recipe has a fair amount of steps, but it’s nothing too hard or complicated!
Here’s how to make keto stuffed cabbage rolls:
- Cook the cabbage and peel away the leaves. We need to soften the cabbage leaves so that we can stuff and roll them. They just need to boil until soft, then you can let them cool and peel them. To peel, flip the head of cabbage over and use a knife to cut them away from the core. Then, gently peel the leaves by sliding your hand between the outer leaf and the cabbage inside. The leaves may break if you just try to peel away, so sliding your hand in between helps to avoid this.
TIP: If you find that the inner leaves aren’t soft enough to peel away without breaking, simply peel off the softened outer leaves and boil the remaining inner cabbage for a few more minutes until soft.
- Make cauliflower rice. Stir fry the cauliflower rice for a few minutes to soften it up. Here’s a full guide for how to cook cauliflower rice if you need a refresher.
- Make cabbage roll recipe filling (without rice, of course). In a large bowl, combine ground beef, diced tomatoes, egg, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix until just combined. Then, stir in the cooked cauliflower rice.
NOTE: Unlike traditional cabbage rolls that sometimes use uncooked rice, we cook the cauliflower rice first. This prevents the mixture from getting too watery later during baking.
- Prep keto stuffed cabbage rolls baking dish. Spread some tomato sauce into a large baking casserole dish.
- Assemble keto stuffed cabbage rolls. Cut a “V” shape in each cabbage leaf to remove the firm stem – this allows the cabbage rolls to roll easily. Place some of the beef mixture into a log shape at the end of a cabbage leaf.
Fold in the sides, then roll up like a burrito…
- Place the rolls into the baking dish. Place cabbage roll, seam side down, into the baking dish. Repeat to make 12 rolls.
- Add more sauce on top.
- Bake best cabbage roll recipe. Spoon the remaining sauce over cabbage rolls, cover dish tightly with foil, and bake until cooked through.
Are Cabbage Rolls Low Carb?
Yes, this healthy cabbage rolls without rice recipe is low carb. Most cabbage rolls recipes are not low carb as they are made with rice.
We swapped out the rice in these low carb cabbage rolls with cauliflower rice. Such an easy swap and it makes cabbage rolls on keto totally doable!
How Many Carbs In Cabbage Rolls Without Rice?
Each serving of low carb stuffed cabbage rolls has 10 grams net carbs (that’s for 2 of them). While this is on the higher side for a keto meal, it’s doable for most people aiming for 20-30 grams per day, and is very filling.
There are 481 calories in cabbage rolls without rice. They are keto, low carb, paleo, and whole30!
Can You Make Low Carb Cabbage Rolls Ahead?
Yes, you can make this keto cabbage rolls recipe ahead of time. There are a few options. You can prep the components, and then assemble right before baking, or you can assemble the entire pan of easy keto cabbage rolls and store in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Bake as directed.
You can also freeze these keto friendly stuffed cabbage rolls…
Can You Freeze Cabbage Rolls Without Rice
Yes, you can definitely freeze this stuffed cabbage rolls recipe! After assembling the keto stuffed cabbage rolls, but before the final baking step, let cool and cover tightly with aluminum foil. Then freeze for 2-3 months.
When ready to serve, let thaw overnight in the fridge and bake as directed. If it’s still a bit frozen, you may need to add a little cooking time to ensure the beef is cooked through.
Freezing leftovers after baking is perfectly fine too. Just reheat and eat!
What To Serve With Keto Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
This low carb cabbage roll recipe doesn’t need much on the side, but I do love to serve it with some low carb keto bread to sop up the sauce! Here are a few to try:
- Low Carb Coconut Flour Bread – This is a great nut-free option for low carb bread!
- 90 Second Bread – If you forgot about the bread…no worries! This one comes together in just a few minutes!
- Low Carb Garlic Bread – The ultimate side dish and you can pack in even MORE vegetables into this meal.
- 5-Ingredient Paleo Bread – This bread is always a big hit, it’s similar to a classic white bread.
More Keto Cabbage Recipes
If you like these low carb stuffed cabbage rolls, you’ll also love these other low carb cabbage recipes
- Keto Cabbage Casserole – Very similar, but in casserole form and a bit faster prep time since you don’t have to roll up the cabbage rolls.
- Roasted Cabbage Steaks – A super easy way to enjoy cabbage, grilled or roasted!
- Asian Cabbage Salad – So refreshing, plus it stores very well.
- Keto Corned Beef & Cabbage – An all-in-one meal in your pressure cooker, great for holidays or weeknights.
Tools To Make Keto Cabbage Rolls
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Large Pot – You’ll need a pot big enough to fully submerge a head of cabbage for your keto diet cabbage rolls.
- Ceramic Baking Dish – Make and serve this cabbage rolls keto recipe in the same dish! I love this ceramic one as it bakes well and looks great on the table.
Low Carb Keto Cabbage Rolls Recipe Without Rice:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Low Carb Keto Cabbage Rolls Recipe Without Rice
See how to make cabbage rolls without rice that are just as delicious! This easy, whole30, low carb keto cabbage rolls recipe is comfort food reimagined.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C).
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the head of cabbage into the boiling water, immersing fully. Boil for 5-8 minutes, just until the leaves are soft enough to bend. They will turn bright green and the outer leaves might come off, which is okay and you can fish them out.
Remove the cabbage from the boiling water. Set aside to cool. Leave the hot water in the pot for now, you might need it again later when peeling the cabbage leaves.
In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, diced tomatoes, egg, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, sea salt, and black pepper. Mix until just combined, but don't over-mix. Fold in the cooked cauliflower rice. Set aside.
Spread half the tomato sauce in a large rectangular or oval ceramic baking dish. Set aside.
Carefully peel the leaves from the cabbage. To do this, flip cabbage over so core side is up, and cut the leaves one-by-one from the core, then carefully peel (they are fragile). Instead of peeling leaves back, slide your fingers between the layers of cabbage to release them. The leaves on the outside will be very soft and easier to peel, but inside they may be firmer. If they are too firm and crisp to bend, you can return the partially peeled cabbage to boiling water for a couple more minutes to soften more.
Cut the thick rib from the center of each cabbage leaf, cutting in a "V" shape. Place 1/3 cup (67 grams) beef mixture into a log shape at one end of a cabbage leaf. Fold in the sides, then roll up, like a burrito. Place the cabbage roll, seam side down, into the baking dish over the sauce. Repeat to make 12 cabbage rolls. (If the inner leaves are too small, you may need to use two to overlap them to fit the filling.)
Spoon the remaining tomato sauce over the cabbage rolls. Cover the baking dish tightly with foil.Bake for 1 hour, or until the beef is cooked through.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 cabbage rolls
Video Showing How To Make Cabbage Rolls:
Tap here to jump to the video for this recipe -- it's located directly above the ingredients list. It's the easiest way to learn how to make Cabbage Rolls!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂