This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Who needs a new (and impressive!) appetizer? I thought so. 🙂 My easy cheese ball recipe with cream cheese, bacon, and green onions to the rescue! This is the best cheese ball recipe because, well, bacon is involved. Read on and I’ll show you how to make cheese balls (don’t tell anyone how easy it is, it’s our little secret!), how to store this tasty bacon cheese ball, and give you a few ideas for what to scoop up this cream cheese ball with.
I share specifics below, but it’s also easy to prep ahead of time. You’re going to quickly agree – it’s the best cheese ball recipe ever!
A Simple Cheese Ball Recipe For Any Gathering
I love having a few impressive and easy appetizer recipes in my back pocket, and this one is no exception. It looks pretty, it tastes incredible, and it’s so easy to make! This cream cheese ball recipe with bacon is made with just 5 simple ingredients that you probably already have.
You can make it in advance and it’s perfectly portable, which are both huge advantages in my book. You can never have too many simple appetizer recipes that you can make ahead.
An easy cheese ball recipe is the kind of appetizer you want to keep in the back of your mind year-round. It takes all of 10 minutes to prepare. That makes it equally handy during lazy summer days, the crazy holiday rush, and literally everything in between.
How To Make Cheese Balls
The steps for how to make a cheese ball with cream cheese, bacon, and green onions are super simple:
- Whip cream cheese and cheddar cheese together. I like to use a blender, mixer, or food processor so that the cheese balls get a little fluffy.
- Roll cheese mixture into a ball. Then wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Stir together bacon bits, green onions, and pecans. A.k.a. the outside of this cheddar cheese ball recipe. Tons. Of. Flavor.
- Wrap your easy cheese ball recipe with cream cheese tightly in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
Cheese Ball Ingredients
This easy cheese ball recipe with cream cheese doesn’t require any special ingredients:
- Cream cheese (wouldn’t be a cream cheese ball without it!)
- Cheddar cheese
- Bacon bits
- Green onions
Such easy ingredients, you might not even need to make a trip to the store!
And also? How awesome is each one of those five ingredients? Cream cheese! Cheddar! Bacon! Pecans! Green onions! So colorful, and so much deliciousness.
What To Roll Cheese Ball In Besides Nuts?
The answer to this question may be obvious…but I’ll yell it from the rooftops: BACON!
The addition of bacon makes this the best cheese ball recipe!
Can A Cream Cheese Ball Be Frozen?
For best results, do not freeze this low carb cheese ball recipe with bacon. The composition of some dairy products changes when it’s frozen, and the texture of cream cheese will change if it’s frozen and then thawed.
Can You Make A Bacon Cheese Ball Ahead?
Yes, you can make bacon cheese ball ahead of time. Simply mix together the cream cheese and cheddar cheese together. Shape into a ball and cover with plastic wrap. Store in the fridge for up to 4-5 days, it might even last a week.
When you’re ready to serve this bacon cheese ball, remove from the refrigerator and roll in the bacon bits, green onions, and pecans.
After rolling it in toppings, you could refrigerate any leftovers as well, but it won’t keep as long (maybe a couple days), and the nuts might get soft.
What To Serve With A Cream Cheese Ball
The best part about a simple cheese ball recipe with cream cheese is that it looks super impressive. I love it when that’s the case with a recipe that’s actually incredibly simple behind the scenes. Shhhh, don’t tell anyone!
When I served it over the holidays, I listened to the ooh’s and aah’s while I giggled a little inside, thinking about how foolproof it was to prepare. Yep, that’s the beauty of cheese ball recipes and cream cheese appetizers!
- Keto Charcuterie Board – This appetizer would work perfectly on a board with other meats and cheeses. See the easy method for building one!
- Sweet potato crackers – These are natural and gluten-free, but not low carb. (They are what’s in the picture!) Great if you have a variety of eaters.
- 3-Ingredient Almond Flour Crackers – When I have time, I love to serve these low carb crackers with my cheese ball appetizers! They get great feedback from people who are not low carb, too.
- Veggies – Always a great option for crunch and color. Get the list of ones good for low carb diets in the low carb keto food list.
Tools To Make Bacon Cheese Ball
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor – Using a processor ensures your bacon cheese balls will be nice and fluffy!
- Cheese Spreader Set – These cheese knives scoop up best cheese ball recipe – perfect for spreading onto crackers or veggies.
- Porcelain Serving Platter – Display your gorgeous bacon cheese ball on one of these platters, surrounded by your crackers and veggies.
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe with Cream Cheese, Bacon & Green Onion
Easy Cheese Ball Recipe with Cream Cheese, Bacon & Green Onion (Low Carb, Gluten-free)
This easy cheese ball recipe with cream cheese, bacon, and green onions takes just 10 minutes prep! See how to make a bacon cream cheese cheese ball ahead for an effortless, impressive appetizer.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Whip the cream cheese and cheddar cheese together in a high power blender, food processor, or stand mixer with a paddle attachment.
Form the cheese into a ball, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, until firm.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the bacon bits, green onions, and pecans. Roll the cheese ball in the mixture.
- Wrap the ball tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 2 heaping tablespoons
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂