Free: Healthy 5-Ingredient Meals EbookGet It Now
- Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Ingredients & Substitutions
- How To Make Salmon Bites In The Air Fryer
- How Long To Cook Salmon Bites In The Air Fryer?
- Tips For The Best Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Flavor Variations
- Storage Instructions
- What To Serve With Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- More Of My Favorite Salmon Recipes
- My Favorite Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites
Whether I’m rushed for dinner on a weeknight or want something easy to impress guests, my go-to choice is always something from my collection of air fryer recipes. And these air fryer salmon bites? They might be my fastest and tastiest creation yet. Not only are they quick and simple to make, but the sweet flavors and moist, flaky texture taste even better than regular air fryer salmon fillets.
These are a fun way to start a party, but I also make these salmon bites in the air fryer when I’m simply too busy for a lengthy dinner — which is often. Every bite is pure bliss, and you’d never guess they took just 10 minutes!
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Salmon Bites
Ingredients & Substitutions
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for air fried salmon bites, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
- Salmon – This recipe for air fryer salmon bites works with all kinds of salmon — king salmon, pink salmon, Atlantic salmon, sockeye salmon… you name it. It doesn’t matter if you get individual salmon fillets or one large piece (like I did), since we’ll be dicing it either way.
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- Honey – I prefer natural sugar-free honey, but regular honey works just as well. (I’ve tried both!)
- Coconut Aminos – This is my favorite soy sauce substitute for a combination of sweet and umami flavors. You can easily substitute low-sodium soy sauce or tamari if you like.
- Olive Oil – Avocado oil also works fine.
- Spices – A blend of smoked paprika, garlic powder, and warm ground ginger. Feel free to customize the spices to your liking.
How To Make Salmon Bites In The Air Fryer
This section shows how to make this air fryer salmon bites recipe, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique, to help you visualize it. For full instructions, including amounts and temperatures, see the recipe card below.
- Dice the salmon. Cut into strips, then slice in the opposite direction to make uniform 1-inch cubes.
- Make the marinade. In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut aminos, olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, ground ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Marinate the fish. Add the salmon cubes to the bowl and mix well to coat. Marinate for up to an hour.
- Air fry. After preheating, place the seasoned salmon bites in the air fryer basket in a single layer, with some spaces between most of them. Cook until cooked through (see tips below).
How Long To Cook Salmon Bites In The Air Fryer?
Air fry salmon bites for 5-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 135-140 degrees F for moist, flaky salmon or 145 degrees F for more firm salmon.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- Don’t crowd the basket. Otherwise, the pieces won’t cook evenly. Work in batches if they don’t all fit into the air fryer basket.
- No need to flip. Air fryer salmon bites are pretty fragile and can fall apart when you try to flip them. It’s better to just leave them alone and avoid flipping, so this is where it’s important to have spaces between them to allow for air circulation (see tip above).
- Avoid overcooking. For a perfectly flaky, moist inside and crispy outside, aim for an internal temperature of 135-140 degrees F. The temp will rise a little more from residual heat after you remove them from the basket.
The honey garlic flavors in these little air fryer salmon nuggets are my absolute fave, but you can easily switch up the flavor with different marinade options. Here are some ideas:
- Lemon Garlic Butter – Season with olive oil, lemon juice (you can also add zest), paprika, salt, and pepper. Air fry, then toss in melted compound butter. Simply irresistible!
- Teriyaki – Use 1/4 cup of your favorite teriyaki sauce to marinate the salmon bites.
- Maple – Just use my homemade salmon marinade!
- Blackened – Like a faster version of blackened salmon! Omit the spices, honey, and coconut aminos. Instead, combine 2 tablespoons of blackened seasoning with olive oil to coat the salmon bites with a bold smoky flavor.
- Cajun – Give your air fryer salmon bites a Southern kick by tossing them in a mix of 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning and olive oil.
- Jerk – For a Caribbean flair (similar to jerk salmon), marinate with 2 tablespoons of jerk seasoning blended with olive oil.
- Store: Stack leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Meal prep: You can cut the salmon and make the marinade ahead of time. Store separately in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. I don’t recommend marinating for an extended period of time, as the salmon will turn mushy.
- Reheat: The best way is to reheat salmon bites in the air fryer at 300 degrees F (or the lowest temperature that your air fryer allows) for about 2 minutes. Since they are already crispy and golden, higher temperatures tend to burn the outside. Watch carefully to avoid drying out.
- Freeze: Place air fryer salmon bites in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before reheating.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Salmon Bites
These salmon bites work both as an appetizer and a light main dish if you pair them with the right sides. Here are a few ideas for serving them:
- Veggies – Keep it simple with roasted vegetables, like broccoli or asparagus. You can also make your entire meal in the same appliance — try air fryer cauliflower or air fryer zucchini.
- Salad – Serve the salmon bites over a leafy kale salad, sweet mandarin orange salad, or filling sweet potato salad for a complete meal.
- Rice – For a satisfying meal, serve with a side of fluffy white rice or cauliflower rice. My personal fave way to use air fryer salmon bites is in a salmon bowl!
- Surf & Tuf – Sometimes when I want a mini surf & turf appetizer or meal, I like to pair these salmon bites with sirloin steak tips.
- Dipping Sauces – Honestly, the honey marinade is so flavorful that you don’t need a sauce! But if you make one of the variations above, a sauce might be a nice addition. Try a drizzle of spicy mayo or dunk in garlic aioli.
More Of My Favorite Salmon Recipes
My Favorite Air Fryer
This air fryer hasn’t failed me yet! The basket is nice and roomy, and the non-stick surface has lasted well for years. Highly recommend it!
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
The best air fryer salmon bites — moist and flaky inside, crispy outside, and irresistible honey garlic flavor! Make them in just 10 minutes.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a large bowl, whisk together the honey, coconut aminos, olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, ground ginger (if using), salt, and pepper.
Add the salmon pieces to the bowl and mix well to coat. Marinate for 5-10 minutes, or up to 1 hour if you have time. When time is up, turn the salmon pieces in the marinade again to coat well.
Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
Place the salmon bites in the air fryer basket in a single layer, with some spaces between most of them. (Do not crowd the basket. If they don’t all fit, cook in batches.) Air fry for 5-7 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 135-140 degrees F (57-.60 degrees C)
Did You Like It?
Leave a rating to help other readers (this also helps me continue to provide free recipes on my site), or get the recipe sent to your inbox.
Serving size: 8 salmon bites
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂