This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- Can You Make Meatloaf With Ground Turkey?
- How To Make Turkey Meatloaf Wrapped In Bacon
- How Long Do You Bake Turkey Meatloaf?
- Is Meatloaf Low Carb?
- How To Store Keto Turkey Meatloaf
- Can You Freeze Low Carb Turkey Meatloaf?
- What To Serve With Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf
- Tools To Make Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- Bacon Wrapped Low Carb Keto Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
This keto turkey meatloaf recipe is bound to become a family favorite. Why you may ask? Let’s see… it’s BACON wrapped turkey meatloaf which is always a great starting point. Then it’s topped with sugar-free BBQ sauce (or any kind you like!), giving it sweet, savory, and bacon-y flavors all at the same time. No dry or boring low carb ground turkey meatloaf here! This may be a bit lighter than beef versions, but it’s still loaded with flavor and is incredibly filling. You’re going to love it!
Can You Make Meatloaf With Ground Turkey?
Yes, you can absolutely make meatloaf with ground turkey. My ground turkey meatloaf recipe features ground turkey (obviously!) and a variety of seasonings and spices. It’s a bit lighter than traditional beef keto meatloaf, but just as flavorful and satisfying.
How To Make Turkey Meatloaf Wrapped In Bacon
With just 10 minutes of prep, you’ll love how easy it is to make this healthy turkey meatloaf recipe:
- Mix together turkey keto meatloaf ingredients. In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, onion, garlic, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, sea salt, black pepper, almond flour, and eggs. Mix until just combined.
TIP: Don’t overmix! Over-working the meat can make your keto meatloaf with ground turkey more dense, especially since turkey is lower in fat than beef.
- Form the loaf. On a baking sheet lined with foil, shape the meatloaf into a 10×6 inch loaf.
- Add bacon topping. Arrange the bacon slices in a single layer on the meatloaf, overlapping just very slightly, and tucking the ends underneath the sides of the meatloaf. Keep going until the whole meatloaf is wrapped in bacon.
How Long Do You Bake Turkey Meatloaf?
Now that you have your turkey meatloaf assembled, time to bake it! You bake it in two parts, first plain and then again after brushing with BBQ sauce, for a total of 50-65 minutes.
- Bake. Start with 30 minutes.
- Add BBQ sauce. Brush BBQ sauce over the top and sides of the turkey meatloaf. Bake for another 20-35 minutes, until cooked through.
TIP: To know that the meatloaf is done, use a meat thermometer to confirm it has reached 165 degrees F.
- Rest. Once your keto turkey meatloaf is done baking, let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Is Meatloaf Low Carb?
Yes, this low carb turkey meatloaf recipe is both low carb and keto! It has 3 grams net carbs per generous-sized slice.
If that doesn’t matter to you, you might also want to try apple and sage turkey meatloaf.
How To Store Keto Turkey Meatloaf
Let this keto turkey meatloaf recipe cool completely, then you can store it in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
When you’re ready to eat, reheat until heated throughout in the microwave or a hot skillet.
Can You Freeze Low Carb Turkey Meatloaf?
Yes, you can freeze this easy turkey meatloaf recipe! You have 3 options:
- If you’ll want to take out individual slices, simply let the ground turkey meatloaf cool completely and wrap slices in foil or plastic wrap. Store wrapped slices in a freezer bag.
- You can freeze the entire low carb turkey meatloaf before baking. After wrapping it in bacon, cover with plastic wrap flush to the top, then store on the pan in the freezer. You could also try just placing it on a piece of foil and wrapping in that to avoid holding up the pan in the freezer.
- You can freeze the entire meatloaf after baking. After it cools completely, wrap in plastic wrap or foil and store in a freezer bag.
To serve, thaw overnight in the refrigerator (individual slices won’t take as long), and heat until hot in the microwave or a hot skillet. If you froze the meatloaf before baking, you can bake following the usual directions after thawing.
What To Serve With Bacon Wrapped Turkey Meatloaf
This bacon wrapped ground turkey meatloaf has so many keto side dish options! The keto friendly turkey meatloaf is full of flavors (BBQ sauce, bacon), but they are really versatile flavors, so it works with many different sides. Here are a few tasty options for you:
- Keto Caesar Salad – As pictured above. Omit the chicken if you’re using it as a side dish.
- Sauteed Radishes – When cooked, radishes take on surprisingly similar qualities as potatoes! Try them out with keto ground turkey meatloaf!
- Best Keto Mashed Cauliflower – It really is the best! It’s incredibly smooth, creamy, and full of flavor.
- Oven Roasted Asparagus – This easy side cooks up quickly, and makes the perfect green side dish to bacon wrapped turkey meatloaf recipe.
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole – If you’re looking for a more substantial side, this is the one. All the flavors of loaded baked potatoes – none of the carbs!
Tools To Make Ground Turkey Meatloaf
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Instant Read Thermometer – The fastest and most accurate way to tell if your low carb ground turkey meatloaf is cooked thoroughly. No more over-cooked meats!
- Non-Stick Baking Sheet – Whether you’re baking easy ground turkey meatloaf or cookies – these sheet pans are the best!
- Reusable Silicone Storage Bags (Gallon size) – These bags are a great high quality bag that can be used over and over again. They are thicker than plastic so they also protect food in the freezer better!
Bacon Wrapped Low Carb Keto Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Bacon Wrapped Low Carb Keto Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
The whole family will love this keto turkey meatloaf recipe! Low carb bacon wrapped turkey meatloaf is flavorful, juicy, and takes just 10 minutes to prep.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine all turkey meatloaf ingredients. Mix until just combined - don't over mix.
Form the ground turkey mixture into a 10x6 inch loaf on the lined baking sheet.
Arrange the bacon slices in a single layer on the meatloaf, going across the short way, and tuck the ends underneath the sides of the meatloaf.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Spread the BBQ sauce over the top and sides of the turkey meatloaf. Return to the oven and bake for 20-35 more minutes, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C). (Time will vary depending on thickness of the loaf.) If desired, place under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
Rest for 10 minutes before slicing using a serrated knife.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 3/4-inch slice, or 1/12 entire meatloaf
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂