This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
The ultimate guide to the best keto casseroles is here! I’m sharing 15 keto casserole recipes, plus a full guide and tips on how to make low carb casseroles the whole family will love. It’s everything you need to make keto friendly casseroles all winter long… or anytime of year.
How To Make Keto Friendly Casseroles
No matter what kind of easy keto casseroles you want to make, here is a general guide for how to make a low carb casserole:
- Pre-cook the meat. This step ensures that you don’t end up with mushy keto friendly casseroles! It’s also important to make sure that the meat is cooked to a proper and safe temperature.
- Pre-cook the veggies. You also want to cook the veggies before compiling your keto casserole recipes, to avoid a watery result or uncooked veggies in your casseroles.
- Choose the sauce or seasoning. Once you know what type of easy keto casserole recipe you’re making, you can choose your sauce! Some that I love are marinara, cheese sauce, pesto sauce, and alfredo sauce. Other recipes won’t have a sauce, but will add in flavor through seasonings.
- Assemble the low carb casserole. Next up, your casserole needs to be assembled. I often layer mine – and this will vary a bit – but alternating meat, veggies, and sauce layers will ensure a cheesy casserole that melds together.
Tips For Making Low Carb Casseroles
I have a few simple tips for easy ways to turn your favorite casseroles into keto casseroles. Obviously recipes will vary, but these are the main components that usually need tweaking:
- Replace starchy fillers with vegetables. Cauliflower is the most popular replacement for pasta, rice and potatoes in keto casseroles, but you can use just about any veggie you can think of.
- Always pre-cook vegetables. While you may be able to get away with putting uncooked pasta or rice into certain casseroles, this won’t work well when you replace them with low carb veggies. Vegetables release a lot of moisture, so if you put them in raw, either they will remain raw, your keto friendly casserole will be watery, or even both. Always cook them first.
- Be wary of sauces. Almost every casserole needs sauce to prevent it from being dry. Avoid anything with sugar added, and be careful with store bought sauces that can use flour as a thickener. Tomato-based sauces can be keto friendly, but keep the amount low to moderate, as the carbs in there can add up as well. Conversely, cheesy or cream-based sauces will be lower in carbs provided that they are not thickened with flour.
- Skip or replace breadcrumbs. Since breadcrumbs are not low carb, you’ll need to either avoid them or use a keto friendly alternative. Pork rinds make the crispiest carb-free breadcrumb topping for keto casseroles, but almond flour crumbled with some kind of oil would also work.
15 Best Keto Casserole Recipes
Now that you know the basics of how to make a low carb casserole, let’s get to all the best keto casserole recipes!
1. Keto Low Carb Pizza Casserole
This easy keto pizza casserole is a favorite because it’s SO easy and packed with the pizza flavor we all love! No crust necessary in this keto friendly casserole dish, it utilizes cauliflower for a starchy feel, without the carbs.
Make Keto Low Carb Pizza Casserole
2. Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
Calling all cheeseburger fans! (Which is all of us, right?) This keto ground beef casserole will fill your burger craving with layers of cheesy cauliflower, flavorful ground beef, and ketchup and mustard to top it all off.
Make Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
3. Keto Breakfast Casserole With Sausage, Egg & Cheese
This healthy casserole is packed with protein – and it will keep you full all morning long! It’s great to meal prep for busy weekday morning or serve for a slow weekend brunch. Just 10 minutes to prep!
4. Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
This keto cauliflower casserole tastes like a loaded baked potato! Without the carbs, of course. Sour cream, bacon, green onions…it’s totally irresistible and you can feel just fine about that. 😉
Make Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
5. Cheesy Zucchini Au Gratin
When you’ve got loads of zucchini, this is the best keto casserole dish to make! It’s healthy, low carb, made with simple ingredients and takes just 10 minutes to prep. Serve it as a side or as a meal all on its own.
Make Cheesy Zucchini Au Gratin
6. Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole
The best part about this keto friendly casserole? No cooking, trimming, or rolling the cabbage leaves into cabbage rolls! When I say lazy I mean lazy! All of the comfort of cabbage rolls, without the fuss. And you probably have all of these ingredients on-hand right now.
Make Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole
7. Crock Pot Taco Casserole
Just 4 grams of net carbs in this keto friendly casserole recipe! Major taco flavors, minimal work, maximum flavor. It’s a WIN-WIN. Simply brown the taco meat, layer everything together and let the slow cooker do the work.
8. Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole
Looking for a way to get your kids to eat their veggies? This low carb casserole recipe should do the trick. It takes just 5 minutes to prep, and 6 ingredients – don’t be surprised if this one becomes a staple.
Make Keto Broccoli Cheese Casserole
9. Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
It’s hard to express how good this keto chicken casserole is! If you’re not familiar with chicken cordon bleu, it is made of chicken stuffed with ham, swiss cheese. You won’t even miss the breading with this flavorful casserole, brought together with a delicious mustard sauce.
Make Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
10. Keto Eggplant Lasagna
We’re skipping the noodles in this cozy lasagna. Roasted eggplant is layered with meat sauce, and cheese. It’s gooey, flavorful, and surprisingly a lot like the real thing!
Make Eggplant Lasagna Casserole
11. Keto Green Bean Casserole
Not just for holidays, this classic green bean casserole makes the perfect veggie side to roasted chicken or turkey. It’s familiar flavors will give you holiday feelings anytime you eat it.
Make Keto Green Bean Casserole
12. Ground Beef Cauliflower Lasagna
It’s the perfect blend of comfort food and nutrition! Layers of cauliflower noodles, marinara ground beef, and melty cheese. It’s a winter staple at our house and I’m sure it will become a staple at yours, too.
13. Chicken Zucchini Casserole With Gruyere Cheese Sauce
This keto chicken casserole recipe combines chicken, zucchini, and a delicious gruyere cheese sauce in one comforting casserole! Don’t miss my tip for avoiding a watery zucchini casserole.
Make Chicken Zucchini Casserole
14. Keto Brussels Sprout Casserole
Roasted brussels sprouts + bacon + cheese sauce? Yes, you’ll love this casserole. Know someone who doesn’t LOVE brussels sprouts? This will change their mind. 😉
Make Keto Brussels Sprout Casserole
15. Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
This low carb chicken casserole makes a fantastic dinner that can be made two ways: with spinach or broccoli. The ranch sauce makes simple chicken and vegetables FUN!
Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Casserole
How To Make Keto Casseroles Ahead
Easy keto dinner casseroles can be easily made ahead, in fact it’s smart to do so! There are a few different ways you can tackle this:
- Prepare ingredients. Chop any vegetables or ingredients that need to be chopped. This simple step can make things go much quicker when it’s time to assemble your casserole.
- Pre-cook ingredients that need to be cooked before assembling the casserole. Some recipes will call for cooking meat or roasting veggies. Do this ahead, and they’ll be ready to use when it’s time to assemble the dish.
- Assemble entire casserole. Assemble the casserole as directed, but before you bake or slow cook it, cover with foil and refrigerate.
- Leftovers. Low carb casserole recipes like this one are easily re-heated. Simply heat in the microwave or 350 degree F oven until heated through.
How To Freeze Low Carb Casserole Recipes
Most keto friendly casseroles freeze really well, which makes them an excellent choice for busy nights.
You can make and assemble the casseroles, but before baking, cover with foil and freeze. When you’re ready-to-bake, thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then bake according to the instructions.
You can also usually bake right from frozen if you prefer, but it will take a long time to heat through, at least half an hour, or longer if it’s also not fully cooked.
4 Easy Keto Casseroles: Video
Watch this video to see how to make 4 of my favorite easy low carb casseroles!
15 Best Low Carb Keto Casserole RecipesPin It For Later!
HI, Don’t understand your measurements with the 0.16 of something. No idea what the amount should be. Thanks Pat
Maya | Wholesome Yum0
Hi Patti, I’m not sure what recipe you are referring to. I don’t use measurements like this, they are typically in fractions so that you can use measuring cups and spoons.
Please keep this up. They look absolutely delish
I LOVE your recipes and I love that you use normal ingredients. Thank you!
love these. I am always looking for something nutritious and these hit the spot. Thanks
These look fabulous!! Each one is sooo creamy – I don’t know where to start!
So many great choices here! I can’t wait to try them.
Wow, so many great choices here! I think I’ll start with the breakfast casserole, that one looks like a phenomenal breakfast and a great way to start a day. 🙂
YUM! What a yummy looking keto casserole list, planning on making a few of these!
Thank you for sharing amaxing casserole recipes. I will try few of them soon. Yum !
These look perfect for any time of the hear! Thanks for making such a detailed post!
What an excellent group of recipes for the keto diet! Thankful for some variety!
Dear Maya, You did it again!! Hurrah! These casseroles are such a good idea! You gave us ideas for what to do with the vegies that are left in the fridge!
A question: I don’t see the link to the videos for your four favorite casseroles, as seen at the bottom of the post–can you help?