This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You know those times when you’re looking for a make-ahead lunch that you can prep ahead, and they don’t require any heat or prep after that? This easy deviled ham salad recipe is your answer! It’s easy. (As in, it takes just 10 minutes to make, it’s just a few common ingredients, and it’s packed with so many flavors.) Besides, keto ham salad is the perfect way to use up leftover ham from the holidays (or anytime). You’re going to love this homemade ham salad.
Now, how to eat your deviled ham? There are so many options. Serve it over greens, scoop it on sliced cucumber, spread it on your favorite keto low carb bread (I have so many options for you!). No matter how you serve it, this deviled ham spread is sure to be a hit.
What Is Deviled Ham Spread?
What exactly is deviled ham salad? It’s similar to a chicken salad, but made with ham!
Ham is either ground or finely chopped (depending on the recipe), and then mixed with various seasonings and condiments. Basically anything you want to put into deviled ham spread is fair game.
Like any recipe that’s been around for a long time, there are strong opinions on what to include, how finely to dice the ham, and just about every step and ingredient along the way. My opinion is that you need plenty of crunch and flavor besides just the typical ham and mayo, so I added diced onions and pickles to mine.
How To Make Deviled Ham Salad
This keto ham salad recipe is easy and takes just 10 minutes to make! Here’s how to make homemade ham salad:
- Mix up the best keto ham salad “spread.” In a food processor, blend together cream cheese, mayo, mustard, and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Add ham to food processor. Pulse until ham is finely chopped and an even consistency throughout.
TIP: We wanted this ham salad to keep some texture and not be completely smooth. If you prefer a smoother consistency to your ham salad, you could process it until it’s as smooth as you like.
- Fold in the add-ins. Stir in pickles, onion, parsley, and thyme. So much flavor added in this step!
- Serve up the best ham salad recipe! Plenty of ideas on that below, but my favorites are on sliced cucumber rounds and on a slice of keto bread.
Is Ham Salad Keto Friendly?
Yes, deviled ham salad is keto friendly! And you’re going to love this… each serving (1/2 cup) has just 1 gram net carb! I knew you would be happy about that. 🙂
How To Store Keto Ham Salad
Store this healthy ham salad recipe in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to 3-4 days. When you want to eat it, simply take out of the refrigerator and dig in! It’s ready-to-eat.
It also makes a great meal prep lunch or on-the-go snack as it doesn’t require any heating.
Can You Freeze Homemade Ham Salad?
You can freeze this deviled ham salad recipe, but I only recommend doing so if you have to! The basic ham salad recipe can be frozen for 1-2 months, but the texture deteriorates a bit in the process, so only freeze if you absolutely have to.
I doubt you’ll have any trouble eating this up within a few days, we never do! 😉
What To Serve With Deviled Ham Spread
This homemade ham salad recipe is delicious on its own, but it’s also great with some keto bread, crackers, or even just served over a bed of greens for a simple and healthy meal prep lunch.
- Keto Almond Flour Crackers – This homemade ham salad recipe can be the main item on a fun snack board. Serve it up with these keto crackers, and sliced cucumbers for a healthy appetizer.
- White Keto Bread – This white bread copycat will make a great old fashioned deviled ham salad sandwich.
- Best 90-Second Bread – Need your bread for your homemade ham salad like, NOW? This one is on the table fast and perfect for sandwiches. Toast it and serve open-faced with cucumber slices.
- Keto Fathead Bagels – This deviled ham spread recipe would work so well as a brunch item with keto bagels. Serve the bagels with cream cheese, sliced veggies, and keto ham salad.
- Cucumber Cups with Deviled Ham Salad – A great and fun way to serve up this easy ham salad recipe in a keto friendly and low carb way. Just slice a cucumber into a few pieces, scoop a well in each, and stuff with the deviled ham. Serve them as an appetizer or snack!
Tools To Make Deviled Ham:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor – A must for this deviled ham salad spread recipe! Makes chopping and incorporating everything together a breeze.
- Glass Storage Containers – If you find yourself with deviled ham spread leftovers, store in these glass containers to keep things fresh. Also, the perfect way to transport for an on-the-go snack or lunch!
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Keto Deviled Ham Salad Recipe
See how to make deviled ham salad in just 10 minutes! This homemade keto ham salad recipe can be served so many ways and makes a great lunch. Use it to top salads, on its own, or as deviled ham spread on bread.
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Pulse the cream cheese, mayo, mustard, and cayenne pepper in a food processor, until smooth.
Add the ham. Pulse again until the ham is finely chopped.
Fold in the pickles, onion, parsley, and thyme.
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!