This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
You know those times when you’re looking for a make-ahead lunch that you can prep ahead, and they don’t require any heat or prep after that? This easy deviled ham salad recipe is your answer! It’s easy. (As in, it takes just 10 minutes to make, it’s just a few common ingredients, and it’s packed with so many flavors.) Besides, keto ham salad is the perfect way to use up leftover ham from the holidays (or anytime). You’re going to love this homemade ham salad.
Now, how to eat your deviled ham? There are so many options. Serve it over greens, scoop it on sliced cucumber, spread it on your favorite keto low carb bread (I have so many options for you!). No matter how you serve it, this deviled ham spread is sure to be a hit.
What Is Deviled Ham Spread?
What exactly is deviled ham salad? It’s similar to a chicken salad, but made with ham!
Ham is either ground or finely chopped (depending on the recipe), and then mixed with various seasonings and condiments. Basically anything you want to put into deviled ham spread is fair game.
Like any recipe that’s been around for a long time, there are strong opinions on what to include, how finely to dice the ham, and just about every step and ingredient along the way. My opinion is that you need plenty of crunch and flavor besides just the typical ham and mayo, so I added diced onions and pickles to mine.
How To Make Deviled Ham Salad
This keto ham salad recipe is easy and takes just 10 minutes to make! Here’s how to make homemade ham salad:
- Mix up the best keto ham salad “spread.” In a food processor, blend together cream cheese, mayo, mustard, and cayenne pepper until smooth.
- Add ham to food processor. Pulse until ham is finely chopped and an even consistency throughout.
TIP: We wanted this ham salad to keep some texture and not be completely smooth. If you prefer a smoother consistency to your ham salad, you could process it until it’s as smooth as you like.
- Fold in the add-ins. Stir in pickles, onion, parsley, and thyme. So much flavor added in this step!
- Serve up the best ham salad recipe! Plenty of ideas on that below, but my favorites are on sliced cucumber rounds and on a slice of keto bread.
Is Ham Salad Keto Friendly?
Yes, deviled ham salad is keto friendly! And you’re going to love this… each serving (1/2 cup) has just 1 gram net carb! I knew you would be happy about that. 🙂
How To Store Keto Ham Salad
Store this healthy ham salad recipe in an airtight container in the fridge, for up to 3-4 days. When you want to eat it, simply take out of the refrigerator and dig in! It’s ready-to-eat.
It also makes a great meal prep lunch or on-the-go snack as it doesn’t require any heating.
Can You Freeze Homemade Ham Salad?
You can freeze this deviled ham salad recipe, but I only recommend doing so if you have to! The basic ham salad recipe can be frozen for 1-2 months, but the texture deteriorates a bit in the process, so only freeze if you absolutely have to.
I doubt you’ll have any trouble eating this up within a few days, we never do! 😉
What To Serve With Deviled Ham Spread
This homemade ham salad recipe is delicious on its own, but it’s also great with some keto bread, crackers, or even just served over a bed of greens for a simple and healthy meal prep lunch.
- Keto Almond Flour Crackers – This homemade ham salad recipe can be the main item on a fun snack board. Serve it up with these keto crackers, and sliced cucumbers for a healthy appetizer.
- White Keto Bread – This white bread copycat will make a great old fashioned deviled ham salad sandwich.
- Best 90-Second Bread – Need your bread for your homemade ham salad like, NOW? This one is on the table fast and perfect for sandwiches. Toast it and serve open-faced with cucumber slices.
- Keto Fathead Bagels – This deviled ham spread recipe would work so well as a brunch item with keto bagels. Serve the bagels with cream cheese, sliced veggies, and keto ham salad.
- Cucumber Cups with Deviled Ham Salad – A great and fun way to serve up this easy ham salad recipe in a keto friendly and low carb way. Just slice a cucumber into a few pieces, scoop a well in each, and stuff with the deviled ham. Serve them as an appetizer or snack!
Tools To Make Deviled Ham
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Food Processor – A must for this deviled ham salad spread recipe! Makes chopping and incorporating everything together a breeze.
- Glass Storage Containers – If you find yourself with deviled ham spread leftovers, store in these glass containers to keep things fresh. Also, the perfect way to transport for an on-the-go snack or lunch!
Keto Deviled Ham Salad Recipe
Keto Deviled Ham Salad Recipe
See how to make deviled ham salad in just 10 minutes! This homemade keto ham salad recipe can be served so many ways and makes a great lunch. Use it to top salads, on its own, or as deviled ham spread on bread.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Pulse the cream cheese, mayo, mustard, and cayenne pepper in a food processor, until smooth.
Add the ham. Pulse again until the ham is finely chopped.
Fold in the pickles, onion, parsley, and thyme.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Share your recipe picture by tagging @wholesomeyum and hashtag it #wholesomeyum on Instagram - I'd love to see it!
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂
I’m definitely going to try your Far Head rolls. and think they will great with my Ham Spread that my family, especially the grandchildren, love. I combine 1 5 oz. can Hormel Smoked Ham with 8 oz. Philadelphia Whipped Cream Cheese with chives. I don’t add anything else, but one day will try adding pickles, don’t think they would like onions in it. I have been making this for over 40 years. Keeps in the refrigerator very well.
Can you use a bullet to mix this? If so, how do you recommend doing it?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Brian, I have never tried to do that before.
Ohhh mYy..my… just glad to be able to Finally, USE this wonderful, DELICIOUS, healthy and Helpful website, WholesomYummm
Might be a dumb question but can I use a low sodium deli ham?
Wholesome Yum D0
Hi Lisa, Yes, low sodium ham would work fine.
What no eggs?
Wholesome Yum M0
Hi Cookinmom, Not in this recipe! Feel free to add a couple of hard boiled eggs in the food processor if you prefer your salad to include them. Enjoy!
Wow I need to add this to my New Year Eve party list I think it will be a big hit for sure!
I haven’t had ham salad in years! I love turning a classic comfort food into something healthier. Yum!