FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 120,000 others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
This post is sponsored by Earth Mama Organics. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
Is there anything better than a cold low carb milkshake on a hot summer day? I think not! My refined sugar-free milkshake can be made in just a few minutes, with a handful of pantry staples, which is great because you just never know when you’re going to be craving a keto vanilla milkshake. (Spoiler alert: probably ALL the time.) So, let’s grab this keto milkshake recipe – it’s time for dessert!
This keto shake recipe is cold, frothy, and sooooo creamy thanks to a rich blend of heavy cream and coconut milk, along with some vanilla and powdered monk fruit allulose blend. It’s everything you want in a low carb shake, and it’s perfect for sharing. (You can also try other types of keto friendly milk here.)
And you know what else this keto milkshake pairs with perfectly? A sunny day – and a tube of Earth Mama Mineral Sunscreen.
If you’ve been following Wholesome Yum for a while, you know how much I believe in natural products – and that includes not only what you put in your body, but what you put on it, too. I’ve been obsessed with Earth Mama sunscreen since I discovered it last year.
First of all, this sunscreen truly works (really, really well!) – which is kind of the main thing you want your sunscreen to do, right?
But the difference is, it doesn’t have all the potentially harmful stuff – parabens, artificial fragrance, oxybenzone or octinoxate. It was formulated by an herbalist and nurse to be gentle, moisturizing, and super effective.
I use this stuff for myself and my kids (here’s the kids’ version) all summer long… preferably with a keto vanilla milkshake in hand. 😉
Keto Vanilla Milkshake Ingredients
- Coconut Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- Vanilla Extract
- Ice Cubes
How To Make A Keto Milkshake
You are less than 5 minutes and 2 steps away from making the most amazing low carb milkshake ever!
- Toss all ingredients (except ice) into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and pulse.
TIP: Don’t over blend the ice because it will make the shake watered down.
I like to add a bit of whipped cream and berries on top, but this is optional. Sit back and sip on your yummy keto shake!
TIP: If you want the low carb milkshake super thick, you can freeze it for about 30 minutes and then blend again.
Sugar-Free Milkshake Variations
One thing that makes this keto milkshake recipe stand out is that it’s super versatile and you can do a lot with it.
Try out some of these ideas to give you something new to taste:
- Strawberries – Either use a strawberry or two as a garnish or toss a few in the keto milkshake. So good!
- Peanut Butter – Add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter to this keto shake recipe. It’s perfect if you are looking to add a little more protein and love peanut butter flavor.
- Cinnamon – Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon into the shake. This is especially good during the fall and winter months.
- Cocoa Powder – Put 1 or 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder on those days when you are craving a little bit of chocolate.
- Instant Coffee – If you are drinking this shake in the morning or are just craving coffee, put up to 2 teaspoons of instant coffee in the keto vanilla shake. It will taste like a drink from a fancy coffee shop. It goes well when you pair it with cocoa too.
- Avocado – Adding some avocado makes the low carb milkshake even creamier. Plus, it adds a lovely flavor to the best keto shake.
- Raspberries – You can’t go wrong adding a few raspberries to the ketogenic shake. Plus, it makes it a lovely pink color that everyone goes crazy for.
Is This Keto Milkshake Recipe A Dessert Or Breakfast?
Actually, this keto milkshake recipe is both a dessert and a breakfast idea. It can also be considered a snack.
It’s entirely up to you when you indulge on this delicious low carb milkshake, because it’s good all the time.
How Many Calories Are In This Keto Vanilla Milkshake?
There are 379 calories in this vanilla milkshake. You can use it as a meal replacement or a special treat when you are craving something sweet.
If you add any additional ingredients or variations, then the nutrition stats will change.
Is This Keto Milkshake Recipe Paleo?
No, this keto milkshake recipe is not paleo. However, you can make it paleo and dairy free by switching out the heavy whipping cream with extra coconut milk instead and swapping out the sweetener for a paleo sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
Can You Make This Sugar-Free Milkshake Ahead?
Yes, you can make this sugar-free milkshake ahead. Skip adding the ice and just put it in when you are ready to drink it.
TIP: For a super thick, creamy keto vanilla milkshake, store it in a jar in the freezer (leave some space for expansion). When you are prepared to serve, let it sit out for a few minutes to melt enough to remove from the jar, then toss it back in the blender with some ice.
More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
If you are on the hunt for delicious low carb desserts that are perfect for summer, you have come to the right spot. Take a look at some of our favorite recipes:
- Low Carb Keto Berry Ricotta Dessert – Oh my, it’s so rich and creamy!
- Low Carb Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs – One of the best things I have ever tasted.
- Keto Low Carb No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – Decadent cheesecake that you won’t even believe is low carb.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Smoothie – Perfect way to enjoy breakfast. So flavorful!
Tools To Make Keto Low Carb Milkshake :
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – Having a high-speed blender makes life so much easier when it comes to blending and pureeing food and drinks! This one is my favorite.
- Milkshake Glasses – Serve up your keto milkshake recipe in a milkshake glass for a fun dessert night.
- Rainbow Colored Paper Straws – These brightly colored straws are almost guaranteed to make you happy! (But probably not as happy has this keto vanilla milkshake…)
- Earth Mama Mineral Sunscreen – Pair this with your milkshake on a hot day!
Reader Fave Keto Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
Keto Low Carb Milkshake Recipe - Vanilla
Treat yourself to a vanilla low carb milkshake! This keto milkshake recipe (sugar-free milkshake) is EASY and just 4 ingredients!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a blender, blend together everything except ice for 20 seconds.
Add ice cubes. Pulse again until the ice is just crushed, but not longer (it may get watery if you blend too much).
Made this recipe? Leave a rating! ★★★★★
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. We'd LOVE for you to share a link to this recipe, but please DO NOT COPY/PASTE the recipe instructions to social media or websites. You may share a photo with a link back instead.