FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LISTGET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
- Keto Vanilla Milkshake Ingredients
- How To Make A Keto Milkshake
- Sugar-Free Milkshake Variations
- Is This Keto Milkshake Recipe A Dessert Or Breakfast?
- How Many Calories Are In This Keto Vanilla Milkshake?
- Is This Keto Milkshake Recipe Paleo?
- Can You Make This Sugar-Free Milkshake Ahead?
- More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
- Tools To Make Keto Low Carb Milkshake
- Keto Low Carb Milkshake Recipe - Vanilla
This post is sponsored by Earth Mama Organics. All opinions are my own and I only share products I personally love. Thanks for supporting the brands that make this site possible!
Is there anything better than a cold low carb milkshake on a hot summer day? I think not! My refined sugar-free milkshake can be made in just a few minutes, with a handful of pantry staples, which is great because you just never know when you’re going to be craving a keto vanilla milkshake. (Spoiler alert: probably ALL the time.) So, let’s grab this keto milkshake recipe – it’s time for dessert!
This keto shake recipe is cold, frothy, and sooooo creamy thanks to a rich blend of heavy cream and coconut milk, along with some vanilla and powdered monk fruit allulose blend. It’s everything you want in a low carb shake, and it’s perfect for sharing. (You can also try other types of keto friendly milk here.)
And you know what else this keto milkshake pairs with perfectly? A sunny day – and a tube of Earth Mama Mineral Sunscreen.
If you’ve been following Wholesome Yum for a while, you know how much I believe in natural products – and that includes not only what you put in your body, but what you put on it, too. I’ve been obsessed with Earth Mama sunscreen since I discovered it last year.
First of all, this sunscreen truly works (really, really well!) – which is kind of the main thing you want your sunscreen to do, right?
But the difference is, it doesn’t have all the potentially harmful stuff – parabens, artificial fragrance, oxybenzone or octinoxate. It was formulated by an herbalist and nurse to be gentle, moisturizing, and super effective.
I use this stuff for myself and my kids (here’s the kids’ version) all summer long… preferably with a keto vanilla milkshake in hand. 😉
Keto Vanilla Milkshake Ingredients
- Coconut Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- Vanilla Extract
- Ice Cubes
How To Make A Keto Milkshake
You are less than 5 minutes and 2 steps away from making the most amazing low carb milkshake ever!
- Toss all ingredients (except ice) into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes and pulse.
TIP: Don’t over blend the ice because it will make the shake watered down.
I like to add a bit of whipped cream and berries on top, but this is optional. Sit back and sip on your yummy keto shake!
TIP: If you want the low carb milkshake super thick, you can freeze it for about 30 minutes and then blend again.
Sugar-Free Milkshake Variations
One thing that makes this keto milkshake recipe stand out is that it’s super versatile and you can do a lot with it.
Try out some of these ideas to give you something new to taste:
- Strawberries – Either use a strawberry or two as a garnish or toss a few in the keto milkshake. So good!
- Peanut Butter – Add 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter to this keto shake recipe. It’s perfect if you are looking to add a little more protein and love peanut butter flavor.
- Cinnamon – Sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon into the shake. This is especially good during the fall and winter months.
- Cocoa Powder – Put 1 or 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder on those days when you are craving a little bit of chocolate.
- Instant Coffee – If you are drinking this shake in the morning or are just craving coffee, put up to 2 teaspoons of instant coffee in the keto vanilla shake. It will taste like a drink from a fancy coffee shop. It goes well when you pair it with cocoa too.
- Avocado – Adding some avocado makes the low carb milkshake even creamier. Plus, it adds a lovely flavor to the best keto shake.
- Raspberries – You can’t go wrong adding a few raspberries to the ketogenic shake. Plus, it makes it a lovely pink color that everyone goes crazy for.
Is This Keto Milkshake Recipe A Dessert Or Breakfast?
Actually, this keto milkshake recipe is both a dessert and a breakfast idea. It can also be considered a snack.
It’s entirely up to you when you indulge on this delicious low carb milkshake, because it’s good all the time.
How Many Calories Are In This Keto Vanilla Milkshake?
There are 379 calories in this vanilla milkshake. You can use it as a meal replacement or a special treat when you are craving something sweet.
If you add any additional ingredients or variations, then the nutrition stats will change.
Is This Keto Milkshake Recipe Paleo?
No, this keto milkshake recipe is not paleo. However, you can make it paleo and dairy free by switching out the heavy whipping cream with extra coconut milk instead and swapping out the sweetener for a paleo sweetener like honey or maple syrup.
Can You Make This Sugar-Free Milkshake Ahead?
Yes, you can make this sugar-free milkshake ahead. Skip adding the ice and just put it in when you are ready to drink it.
TIP: For a super thick, creamy keto vanilla milkshake, store it in a jar in the freezer (leave some space for expansion). When you are prepared to serve, let it sit out for a few minutes to melt enough to remove from the jar, then toss it back in the blender with some ice.
More Low Carb Dessert Recipes
If you are on the hunt for delicious low carb desserts that are perfect for summer, you have come to the right spot. Take a look at some of our favorite recipes:
- Low Carb Keto Berry Ricotta Dessert – Oh my, it’s so rich and creamy!
- Low Carb Keto Cheesecake Fat Bombs – One of the best things I have ever tasted.
- Keto Low Carb No-Bake Chocolate Cheesecake – Decadent cheesecake that you won’t even believe is low carb.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Low Carb Smoothie – Perfect way to enjoy breakfast. So flavorful!
Tools To Make Keto Low Carb Milkshake
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – Having a high-speed blender makes life so much easier when it comes to blending and pureeing food and drinks! This one is my favorite.
- Milkshake Glasses – Serve up your keto milkshake recipe in a milkshake glass for a fun dessert night.
- Rainbow Colored Paper Straws – These brightly colored straws are almost guaranteed to make you happy! (But probably not as happy has this keto vanilla milkshake…)
- Earth Mama Mineral Sunscreen – Pair this with your milkshake on a hot day!
Keto Low Carb Milkshake Recipe - Vanilla:
Pin to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Keto Low Carb Milkshake Recipe - Vanilla
Treat yourself to a vanilla low carb milkshake! This keto milkshake recipe (sugar-free milkshake) is EASY and just 4 ingredients!
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
In a blender, blend together everything except ice for 20 seconds.
Add ice cubes. Pulse again until the ice is just crushed, but not longer (it may get watery if you blend too much).
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂