This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Your search for the best keto cheese crackers recipe is over! These low carb cheese crackers are reminiscent of the bright orange crackers you might have grown up eating (hint: keto Cheez-Its, anyone?!). But this version is made with nutritious ingredients and real cheese as the base! Crackers may sound like a lot to make from scratch, but I think you’ll be surprised by how easy this cheddar cheese crackers recipe is! These almond flour cheese crackers are made with just 3 ingredients, but there is a fourth ingredient I recommend for extra cheesy-iness. 😉
Eat this keto cheese crackers recipe all on its own, or serve with dips or cured meat, like summer sausage, for an easy cheese & cracker snack. No matter how you eat them, you’ll love these low carb crackers made from cheese!
Low Carb Cheese Crackers Ingredients
There are only 3 simple ingredients in this recipe for keto cheese crackers! Plus an option to add in even more cheesy flavor…
- Cheddar cheese – This is the base of the baked cheddar crackers. It gives them rich and real cheesy flavor.
- Almond flour – Nutritious almond flour takes the place of refined flour in classic cheddar cheese crackers.
- Egg – The binder. This helps keep the low carb cheese cracker recipe stay together.
- Nutritional yeast – Optional, but will help make the no carb cheese crackers recipe taste even cheesier!
How To Make Keto Cheese Crackers
Making your own almond flour cheese crackers may sound like a lot of work, but it really only takes 15 minutes of prep and some time in the oven!
- Melt the cheese. Using the microwave or double boiler, heat the cheese until it’s smooth and easy to stir.
TIP: You may notice some of the oil separating when you melt the cheese. That’s okay! Just stir it back together as much as you can, and you can still incorporate the remaining oil in the recipe. The keto Cheez-Its won’t be oily when they’re done, I promise!
- Mix the almond flour cheese crackers base. Stir together almond flour, sea salt, and nutritional yeast, if you’re using it.
- Mix the keto cheese crackers dough. Add the cheddar to the almond flour mixture and use your hands to knead until a uniform dough forms. It’s normal for it to be a bit oily, so don’t worry about that.
- Form a ball. Chill if necessary to make it less sticky. (This will depend on the temperature in your kitchen.)
TIP: If the cheddar cheese crackers dough is difficult to work with, check my tips in my fathead pizza post.
- Roll out dough. In between two pieces of parchment paper, roll dough out into a rectangle, about 1/16-1/8 inch thick.
TIP: The thinner you roll the keto cracker dough, the crispier your crackers will get! So, try to get it as thin as you can.
- Cut the crackers. Using a ruler to help guide you, cut crackers into squares or rectangles and place onto a lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork or toothpick to prevent bubbling.
- Bake the almond flour cheese crackers. If there is any oil on top of the crackers after baking, lightly blot with paper towel.
TIP: If you want them extra crisp, turn the oven off when they are just barely golden. Then, leave them in the oven, with the oven off and door propped open with a wooden spoon.
How Many Carbs In Keto Cheese Crackers?
These keto cheese crackers have just 3 grams net carbs per serving of 12 crackers! Not only are these low carb cheese crackers keto friendly, but they taste delicious too!
How To Store Keto Cheese Crackers
This homemade cheddar crackers recipe should be stored in an airtight container. If they lose any of their crispness, you can always put them back in a 350 degree F oven for a few minutes, until they are crispy again. Just be careful to not over-bake!
What To Serve With Cheddar Cheese Crackers
There are so many ways to eat these almond flour cheese crackers. They are perfect all on their own, but adding a dip is never a bad idea! 😉 Try some of these favorites:
- Bacon Cream Cheese Ball – Beautiful presentation and TONS of flavor. The cheddar and bacon always go well together.
- Easy Cold Crab Dip – For the seafood lovers! This dip can easily be made ahead of time, too.
- Warm Ranch Crack Dip – This dip is SO good, and goes well with veggies and low carb cheese crackers alike.
- Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip – Super easy to through together!
Tools To Make Keto Cheese Crackers:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Glass Nesting Bowls – The only set of bowls you need. I use one of these bowls every single day.
- Paring Knife – Run a small knife like this one along the edge of a ruler to ensure you have straight lchf cheese crackers.
- Pastry Wheel – This roller cuts no carb cheese crackers in a flash!
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Low Carb Keto Cheese Crackers Recipe
See how to make low carb cheese crackers (3g net carbs!) with this 3-ingredient keto cheese crackers recipe. Almond flour cheese crackers are like homemade keto Cheez-Its!
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Melt the cheddar cheese in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove, until smooth and easy to stir. It will release some oil, which is okay, but try to stir it together as much as possible.
Meanwhile, stir together the almond flour, sea salt, and nutritional yeast, if using. Stir in the egg, until combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
Add the melted cheddar to the bowl and use your hands to knead, squeezing between your fingers, until a uniform dough forms. It will feel oily - this is normal. (If you have issues getting it to incorporate, this is similar to making fathead dough - check my tips in my fathead pizza post or see the complete fathead dough guide in The Wholesome Yum Easy Keto Cookbook.)
Form a ball with the dough. If it's too sticky to work with, chill for about 15 minutes.
Grease 2 pieces of parchment paper lightly and place the ball of dough between them. Roll to a very thin rectangle, about 1/16 (.2 cm) to 1/8 inch (.4 cm) thick. (It will tend to roll into an oval shape, so just rip off pieces of dough and re-attach to form a more rectangular shape.)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Cut the crackers into squares or rectangles and place onto the lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork or toothpick to prevent bubbling.
Bake for 8-12 minutes, until golden. If there is any oil on top of crackers after baking, pat with paper towels. Cool completely to crisp up.
Serving size: 12 1-inch crackers, or 1/8 entire recipe
Video Showing How To Make Cheese Crackers:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Cheese Crackers!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!