This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
There are so many ways to make flour-free pizza (including pizza casserole, zucchini pizza boats, and pizza stuffed mushrooms) — and one of my new favorites is this cheese crust pizza! Like any other low carb dough, this flourless pizza crust is easy to top with all your favorite pizza fixings. It only takes a few common ingredients, too!
What Is Cheese Crust Pizza?
Cheese crust pizza is a flourless pizza crust made of cheese and finished with your favorite toppings. Sometimes, people referring to cheese crust pizza are thinking of a stuffed crust pizza. You can make a version like that in my keto deep dish pizza recipe, but the one we’re making in this post is a gluten-free crust that only contains cheese and no flour or wheat whatsoever.
Why You’ll Love This Cheese Crust Pizza Recipe
- Ultra-cheesy flavor
- Chewy, satisfying texture
- The crust needs just 4 common ingredients
- Only 4g net carbs per serving (including the toppings!)
- Naturally gluten-free and keto pizza crust
Flourless Pizza Crust Ingredients
This section explains how to choose the best ingredients for mozzarella cheese pizza crust, what each one does in the recipe, and substitution options. For measurements, see the recipe card below.
For The Cheese Crust:
- Mozzarella Cheese – Use a pre-shredded variety or shred low-moisture part-skim mozzarella yourself. Don’t use fresh mozzarella, which is too high in moisture.
- Parmesan Cheese – Asiago or romano cheese should also work. I used shredded, but grated should also work.
- Eggs – Use whole, large eggs. Egg substitutes probably won’t work here, as they make up a key component in the recipe. For an egg-free pizza option, try keto crustless pizza!
- Italian Seasoning – Make homemade Italian seasoning in minutes, or get a store-bought variety.
VARIATION: Try a 1/2 teaspoon each of garlic powder and dried oregano instead of Italian seasoning.
Any dried herbs or spices that taste good in a regular crust would work here.
For The Toppings:
- Keto Pizza Sauce – This is my favorite tomato sauce for pizza and takes just 2 minutes to prep.
- Mozzarella Cheese – You can use fresh mozzarella or pre-shredded cheese.
- Pepperoni Slices
See the section below for other topping ideas!
How To Make Cheese Crust Pizza
This section shows how to make egg and cheese keto pizza crust, with step-by-step photos and details about the technique. For full instructions, see the recipe card below.
- Blend. Add all crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until mixed. (You could also try to stir in a medium bowl, but the texture won’t be as good. If you opt for this option, it’s best to use finely grated cheeses instead of shredded.)
- Spread. Pour the batter into a 10-inch pizza pan that has been greased or sprayed with olive oil spray. Spread out into a thin, even layer. If you want to be extra careful to prevent sticking, line the pan with parchment paper, but the tradeoff is it doesn’t brown as nicely.
- Bake. Place the crust in the oven until golden, then allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Top. Layer on the sauce, cheese, and pepperoni (or desired toppings) onto the crust.
- Bake again. Return the keto pizza cheese crust to the oven and bake until the cheese on top is bubbly. If desired, you can place it under the broiler to brown the cheese more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Cheese Crust Pizza No Carb?
No, not all egg cheese pizza crusts are no carb, as they can contain white flour. This particular recipe has 4 grams net carbs including the toppings.
How Many Carbs In The Flourless Pizza Crust Alone?
The crust alone, without toppings, has 2.3 grams total carbs and 2.1 grams net carbs per serving, which is 1/6 of the crust.
How Crispy Will This Crust Be?
This pizza is chewy and on the softer side, given the amount of cheese in it. For a crisper crust, try my most popular keto pizza instead.
- Store: Keep leftovers covered in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Reheat: For best results, reheat in a 350 degree F oven until warm and crisp.
- Freeze: You can freeze the untopped crust for up to 3-6 months. Wrap tightly in plastic followed by foil, then place in the freezer.
More Topping Ideas For Keto Cheese Pizza Crust
- Sauce – My go-to (pictured here) is keto pizza sauce. You can also use pesto or alfredo sauce. You can also use store-bought versions of tomato sauce or any of these other sauces, but check labels to ensure they have no added sugar or starch.
- Cheese – Mozzarella is the classic choice, but any other keto cheese is also fine to use.
- Meats – Pepperoni slices, cooked Italian sausage, shredded chicken, or even ground beef.
- Vegetables – Popular options are sauteed mushrooms, bell peppers, or sliced olives. Find more in the keto vegetables list. Fresh herbs, such as fresh basil leaves, are also delicious (and best added after baking the pizza).
What To Serve With Cheese Crust Pizza
Serve this pizza like any other — with all your favorite sides! Try these fresh and easy dishes:
- Easy Salads – This pizza pairs perfectly with cucumber tomato avocado salad, antipasto salad, or chopped Mediterranean salad.
- Savory Veggies – Make sauteed zucchini, roasted mushrooms, or roasted artichokes to serve with this pizza.
- Chewy Breads – Serve with keto dinner rolls, low carb cheese bread, or cauliflower breadsticks.
Flourless Cheese Crust Pizza Recipe
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers that made this also viewed these recipes:
Cheese Crust Pizza (4 Ingredients!)
Cheese crust pizza takes just a few simple ingredients, with no flour of any kind! This flourless keto cheese pizza crust makes the perfect chewy base for all your favorite toppings.
Recipe VideoTap on the image below to watch the video.
Like this video? Subscribe to my YouTube cooking channel for healthy recipes weekly! (Click the bell icon to be notified when I post a new video.)
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them. Please turn Safari reader mode OFF to view ingredients.
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Spray a 10-inch pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a food processor, combine the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, and Italian seasoning. Pulse a few times until the ingredients are mixed. Pour the mixture onto the pizza pan and spread into a thin, even layer.
Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, until the crust is golden brown. It should also be firm to the touch.
Let the pizza crust cool for 10 minutes before adding the toppings — this helps to create a seal so that it won't be soggy.
Spread the marinara sauce across the crust. Top with mozzarella and pepperoni.
Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until the cheese on top is bubbly.
Last Step: Leave A Rating!
Serving size: 1 slice, or 1/6th of entire recipe
Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy. Have questions about calculations or why you got a different result? Please see our nutrition policy.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favorite recipes!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We’d LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂