FREE PRINTABLE: LOW CARB & KETO FOOD LIST!
Join 200,000+ others to get a FREE keto food list, plus weekly keto recipes!GET IT NOW
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
I get really excited when I discover recipes that require just a handful of ingredients. Actually, this entire blog is comprised of recipes with ten ingredients or less, but when I create a recipe that has only three or four ingredients, that’s the best. Even better when it’s a breakfast or brunch recipe, because that is unquestionably the superior meal of the day. And, these flourless low carb waffles are right up there. I’m more than happy to have breakfast for dinner any day.
This recipe for almond butter paleo waffles checks all the boxes for breakfast, brunch, or anytime you’re craving a good waffle. It’s low carb, keto-friendly, paleo, and gluten-free. The waffles turn out beautifully golden, with a slightly crispy exterior, while the inside is nice and soft. Yes, this is what low carb waffles are supposed to be like!
The incredible part is that the batter has no flour of any kind, not even coconut or almond flour. Instead, the main ingredients are eggs and almond butter, which surprisingly do not yield an eggy tasting or soggy result at all. Gluten-free baking powder makes the waffles nice and fluffy, yet the outside turns out crisp. I used erythritol to sweeten them slightly. Any sweetener you like will work, though.
These low carb waffles have a slightly nutty taste, but it’s not too strong to be overpowering. The flavor is actually pretty neutral, just waiting for you to customize it to your liking. It’s truly a basic blank canvas kind of recipe. Feel free to add any fillings that you enjoy in waffles, or any toppings you prefer… or keep them plain and classic. Versatility is what this paleo waffles recipe is all about. I actually prefer them just as they are, keeping the recipe at four simple ingredients that I can blend together in a minute.
What do you like to top your low carb waffles with? I love these with a little grass-fed butter and my four-ingredient sugar-free maple syrup. If you aren’t strict keto, you can also try pairing them with a chicken apple sausage recipe.
Tools To Make Keto Low Carb Waffles:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Blender – This professional-grade blender is the one I prefer to use when cooking in my kitchen. It will work great for blending the ingredients for this keto waffle recipe.
- Waffle Maker – This waffle maker will allow you to make 2 waffles at the same time. Plus, it’s nonstick which helps the waffles release easier.
4-Ingredient Flourless Low Carb Waffles Recipe:
Pin it to save for later!
Reader Favorite Recipes
The recipe card is below! Readers also made these similar recipes after making this one.
4-Ingredient Flourless Low Carb Waffles (Paleo, Gluten-free)
Recipe VideoClick or tap on the image below to play the video. It's the easiest way to learn how to make this recipe!
Click underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
Get Keto Sweetener For This Recipe
Meet Besti Monk Fruit Allulose Blend, the keto sweetener that tastes, bakes, dissolves, and browns just like sugar, with NO aftertaste and 0 net carbs.GET BESTI
Get RECIPE TIPS in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
Click on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor, or in a bowl using a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Spray or brush the waffle maker lightly with oil of choice or butter. Preheat according to the manufacturer instructions. Once the bubbles in the batter have settled, pour half the batter evenly into the waffle maker and close.
- Follow manufacturer instructions to finish cooking. (On my waffle maker, I set the temperature to medium and waited until steam was no longer coming out - about 4 1/2 minutes.)
- Repeat step 2 with the remaining batter.
Made this? Leave a rating!
- If you use unsalted or raw almond butter, add a pinch of sea salt.
- If you want to make your low carb waffles more rich/moist, add 1-2 tablespoons of melted butter to the batter prior to blending in step 1.
Serving size: 1/2 large Belgian waffle
Video Showing How To Make Low Carb Waffles:
Don't miss the VIDEO above - it's the easiest way to learn how to make Low Carb Waffles!
Want some moral support or recipe help?
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Net carb count excludes fiber, erythritol, and allulose, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. (Learn about net carbs here.) We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Want to save this recipe?
Create a free account to save your favourites recipes and articles!Sign Up To Save Recipes
© Copyright Maya Krampf for Wholesome Yum. Please DO NOT SCREENSHOT OR COPY/PASTE recipes to social media or websites. We'd LOVE for you to share a link with photo instead. 🙂