This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free. (Full disclosure)
Whoever first had the idea to make bread or crust out of cauliflower deserves a medal. I often see different variations of recipes floating around, but to invent something completely and utterly new is truly impressive. Of course cauliflower crust is pretty well known by now, but I believe there are still ways to make it even better. Lately I’m loving everything and anything with hemp seeds, so throwing them into some cauliflower dough seemed like the logical next step. These low carb cauliflower breadsticks have a unique twist with garlic butter and hemp seeds.
There is really just one trick to this recipe. The key to making the low carb cauliflower breadsticks lightly crispy on the outside is squeezing as much moisture as possible out of the cooked riced cauliflower. I extracted nearly a cup of water! Don’t skip this critical step, because this prevents the breadsticks from getting soggy.
Otherwise, these cauliflower breadsticks are incredibly easy and foolproof, just like these cauliflower nachos. They taste amazing with marinara sauce, but the garlic butter makes them fantastic on their own, too. For those not strictly following paleo, sprinkling a little shredded cheese on top would be a delicious addition as well. Otherwise, this recipe is a nice change of pace from most cauliflower breadstick recipes that are not paleo.
By the way, the dough for this recipe is amazing. I’m obsessed. The medley of cauliflower and hemp seeds creates the perfect texture and nutty taste (without nuts!). The addition of hemp seeds makes these low carb breadsticks nice and crispy on the outside, while the inside stays soft and chewy.
If you’re looking for another recipe for cauliflower breadsticks, this is another one that I love.
Another bonus is that low carb cauliflower breadsticks are actually surprisingly low in both carbs and calories. Not that I’m counting calories these days, but having a light option is always nice.
The hemp seeds make them lower in carbs even compared to traditional cauliflower breadsticks, nevermind the regular variety. I can’t wait to try using this ingredient combination for other paleo recipes!
*Update: By the way, these are totally the best with my 5-ingredient roasted tomato soup.
Tools To Make Keto Breadsticks with Garlic Butter:
Click the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Microwave Safe Bowl – This bowl set is microwave safe and has many different sizes so you always have the size you need on hand.
- Baking Sheet – This baking sheet is heavy duty and the perfect pan for this garlic breadstick recipe.
- Parchment Paper – You need to line your baking sheet with parchment paper before spreading out the cauliflower “dough” to make your keto breadsticks.
Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks with Garlic Butter & Hemp Seeds (Paleo, Gluten-free):
Pin it to save for later!
More Low Carb Recipes To Love
Low Carb Cauliflower Breadsticks with Garlic Butter & Hemp Seeds (Paleo, Gluten-free)
Click underlined ingredients to buy them!
Please ensure Safari reader mode is OFF to view ingredients.
RECIPE TIPS + VIDEO in the post above, nutrition info + recipe notes below!
- Place the riced cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10 minutes (or steam on the stove), until softened. Set aside to cool.
Meanwhile, preheat oven to 425 degrees F (218 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While the cauliflower is cooling, combine the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl. Heat in the microwave or on the stove, until melted. Stir to combine.
- When the cauliflower is cool enough to handle, transfer it to a tea towel and squeeze tightly several times to drain as much water as possible. You should get close to a cup of moisture out.
- Combine the (drained) riced cauliflower, hemp seeds, eggs, sea salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well.
Transfer the "dough" onto the lined baking sheet. Press into a rectangle, about 1/3 inch thick. (Mine turned out to be 12x8 in (31x20 cm), but the size will vary depending on the size of your cauliflower head - the thickness is the important part.) Gently brush the top with the garlic butter mixture.
Bake for about 25 minutes, until golden. Cool slightly, then cut into breadstick shaped rectangles.
Serving size: 2 cauliflower breadsticks
NUTRITION INFORMATION PER SERVING
Where does nutrition info come from? Nutrition facts are provided as a courtesy, sourced from the USDA Food Database. You can find individual ingredient carb counts we use in the Low Carb & Keto Food List. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols. Net carb count excludes both fiber and sugar alcohols, because these do not affect blood sugar in most people. We try to be accurate, but feel free to make your own calculations.
Did you make this recipe?
Join the Easy Keto Challenge to enter monthly giveaways every time you share your pics of my recipes!